ColdHeat

What do you do when you have all the gear you want?

So guys I finally have a character that has all the stuff that I ever wanted. I see not much sense anymore in looting military bases for the kick only and am currently on a sightseeing tour through every village of chernarus, looking for opportunities to make beautiful screenshots wherever I can. I'm a DayZ excursionist. That's the sort of adventure and entertainment I found for myself yet still it's often dull and it won't last forever. Despite of being an overall helpful guy I often feel tempted to go bandit but then again feel that a short moment of thrill and entertainment is not worth to make someone suffer under it. I'm really torn of what to do to actually play DayZ and enjoy it in the endgame state I'm in.

I know that this is still an alpha and the devs are working on endgame content but what does your current dayz endgame behavior look like? Do you avoid playing dayz after you got all the good gear because you lost interest in the game or don't want to lose your stuff again? Do you just wander around, avoiding city death zones and people in order to simply stay alive? Do you go hero or seek a friendly chat with everyone you meet or do you hunt other survivors as you see most entertainment in the current endgame in PvP?

No one gets judged here, I'm simply curious what people make out of the current situation, which is undoubtably no challenge by itself if you only take surviving as a goal as you can achieve that if you only loot remote houses for food.

I explore. Been alive for two and a half months on both modes. Not into uncalled for PVP anymore.

• Like 1

Atm i get bored when fully geared so i usually do something stupid which causes my death

• Like 8

I pick a nice quiet town and continually try to break my longest sniper kill record.

927m and going.... (estimated within 10 or so meters based on the db map)

• Like 1

I explore mainly, I've roughly been around 75% of the map, infact I've only just gone into Elektro and Berenzino for the first time after 175 hours, only been to the main airfield once and never been to Chernarus, I like to take things slow and get to learn my surroundings first,  as it's only in alpha I don't wanna gear myself up fully just yet and end up being bored straight away, I've considered the thought of being a medic, but also the thought of not trusting people puts me off... but you never know, you win some, you lose some. 

• Like 1

1) Play with friends, and do weired stuff

2)Practice in snipering 

3)???

4)Profit(death)

"end game" is not here yet.

You need a good imagination to keep DayZ fresh at it's bare bone state.

If your with friends, just roaming around BS'ing is fun enough. But going lone wolf all the time takes some Role Playing to keep it fun IMO.

• Like 1

Stop playing. Play something else and/or play the mod.

Then try some new stuff out in the latest patch, and stop playing.

Whilst I don't like the term "endgame", as I think it should be a constant endeavor rather than a fixed point in time, DayZ (in its current state, which is alpha to be fair) is sorely lacking in activities.

The only loot I actually look for is the LRS, then I go snipe people in busy cities.  I usually die fairly quickly, so it's a fair trade-off.

Sometimes I wait for server refresh, dump all the gear way up north in a little to no populated area, suicide, respawn and then race back my bambi to see if I can get it all back before the next server refresh.  That can be a challenge.  Another thing I'll do is see if I can circumnavigate the map w/o being spotted or killed by bandits.  Also like to snoop and poop around the mil sites late at night, that can be pretty intense.  That's about it for now. 

Had to add this, I am on a constant "quest for can openers".  Those little suckers fascinate the hell out of me.

Edited by Barnabus

I have recently been playing the DayZ mod since I hadn't played it before I started Standalone.  As far as what I do in SA after I'm geared, honestly I usually jump from something really tall and start over.  Gearing up is kind of the fun part for me right now.

Go to Berezino woods and hunt down snipers and anything that carries a weapon :D

"end game" is not here yet.

But ... I cant see an "end game" ever be there?

I just go to the coast and give my gear out. Then go back to looting again.

But ... I cant see an "end game" ever be there?

We can only hope and wait, but until then we just have to find ways to make the best out of what we have now.

I think we should hold more community events that people can sign up and take place in.

Just need to think of different types of things to do other than just arranging firefights, which is fun, but Im sure there's a lot more things that we can come up with.

I explore and document, and gearing up each time I die is just an obstacle to continuing that mission. I love taking artsy screenshots, exploring new areas, and writing info down to put up on the wiki later.

I don't know why but after ive become fully geared i think i own the ground everyone walks on and then end up unexpectly running into my death.

i find the view of not logging in because scared of loosing all equipment crazy, as well as cowardly.

i think the properly game starts when you have everything, sure you could just live forever in the nw and not see many players in weeks, but you can also observe other towns or get food from a town that might be occupied.

wether i see anyone or not, im usually playing the same way, moving carefully, and to me that is the game.

liek fore example, im at vybor and i need food, im not gona just run from house to house, im not even gona actually move into any buildings unless im sure its safe, in the area. if its not, il keep watching.

survival game is about staying alive, it can be easy to stay alive , but always playign on the busiest hardcore server, and moving in areas that require extreme caution mean the game is far from boring, its just a survival sim to me.

i can imagine that soem players get bored and just run from location to location, or do somethign stupid to get killed, but the main rush i get from this game, is that i know there are others who do play teh same way as me, because i have seen them, and they have killed me and i have killed them. in the woods, in crazy places, etc

Roam around the chernarus. Do stupid things. Handcuff newspawns and forcefeed them food and drinks, let them go in maximum confusion. Stand in top of cherno-sniper-silo and shoot everything in sight with m4 in full server (I didn't die, wtf?)

Some fellow marines and I have scraped some gear from our downed osprey. We got a router working in the police building in elektro... Thats where we have based our operations camp. Our next step is to hunt down a group called ´The Bloody Hand´ They shot us down... We know cause we found the bodies of some survivors who didnt make it  hung on a tree, with a note stuck to it... Plus they spray painted another message on the only side of the osprey that wasn´t burning....

Help us, we move in a month.... We intercepted a radio message, it read that the Bloody hand was relocating to Green Mountain...

I either explore or log off till the next patch.

At this time I'm patiently awaiting either new towns or hunting to be added in.

im just looking for a glorious death. there's nothing else to do in this game...

in the mod i used to be a hoarder, hoarding enough stuff for an entire army is fun when you have nothing else to do, i hope they will add tents soon