Sign in to follow this  
bfisher

Something is missing in DayZ

Ok, a lot of stuff is missing because it's still in alpha or whatever.  I was thinking of something else that was missing...

Dead bodies.

In the mod, dead players stuck around for a long time (server restart?).  Zombie bodies too.  IMHO, coming across a bunch of dead players (and possibly zombies too) just added to the overall sense of unease.  Like you're wandering around for hours with no one in sight, and all of a sudden, here are three dead bodies outside a church in East Bumfucksovakia.  Maybe there is some gear?  But why hasn't it been looted?  What the hell happened here?  Is whatever or whoever killed these people still around?

Having dead players stick around for a while like in the mod would be kind of cool is all.  Might give new players the idea that some cities aren't safe if they see a dozen bodies in the street. 

• Like 2

I agree but at the same time i want the ability still to hide the dead bodies!! If my partner has been killed and im on coast wide killing spree, i hide all bodies. But again i feel they should try to work on all the scripting problems that are going on before they add anymore awesome features.

I agree. Bodies should be hidable, but it should take 30 seconds + to do it.

• Like 1

Anything that lends a CSI element to DayZ would be good for two reasons:

1. So you know what happened and likely where the murderer is from the death scene.

2. It would add something to do. Going to the NWAF with a group and trying to figure out who killed who and in what order...

• Like 1

Anything that lends a CSI element to DayZ would be good for two reasons:

1. So you know what happened and likely where the murderer is from the death scene.

2. It would add something to do. Going to the NWAF with a group and trying to figure out who killed who and in what order...

Definitely agree to this, not only would it make the game more emmersive, finding out how someone died in your vicinity, either an axe wound, or is it a mosin bullet? M4 round? Or were they force fed disinfectant? Who knows. 

Isnt the "plan" to make bodies persistant object in the gameworld for as long as possible?

Im quite sure it has been mentioned, that the current disapperance is a work-around to stabilize the server and nothing else.

Ofc i cant find the source, but im sure i read somewhere they want the bodies to stay ingame for a long period of time. Both players and Z's.

• Like 1

I agree that dead bodies should be persistant!

and imo the only way to "hide" a body should be to drag them (ragdoll?) into a dark spot or just throw them into the sea

• Like 2

Isnt the "plan" to make bodies persistant object in the gameworld for as long as possible?

Im quite sure it has been mentioned, that the current disapperance is a work-around to stabilize the server and nothing else.

^^this

and imo the only way to "hide" a body should be to drag them (ragdoll?) into a dark spot or just throw them into the sea

Maybe it should be a 3 step process?  If you have a shovel or ax or other suitable tool, you can dig a hole.  Then you can throw the body in a hole.  Then cover up the hole.  Body hid!

Some form of decomposition over time might also be a nice feature.  That way you can tell if they were just killed a few minutes ago or if it's been a few hours.

Definitely agree to this, not only would it make the game more emmersive, finding out how someone died in your vicinity, either an axe wound, or is it a mosin bullet? M4 round? Or were they force fed disinfectant? Who knows. 

Obviously it would be tough to simulate and implement, but it sure would be awesome. 

Maybe rather than representing it graphically, there could be a "study body" option that would say something like "this person died from an axe wound to the back of the head", or "this person was shot 3 times with an M4 from the North East". This could be complete with an animation so that there is a risk involved with doing it.

No dead bodies because it will clutter the server, and they keep on saying how the game can have up to 4000 zombies with "reduced loot". But they keep on having those useless books lying around that no one picks up.

Idd. If u want a body on the street of the person you killed not to be looted by freshies coming into the city, simply pick it up and stash it in a bush in some yard. Current ability to hide bodies in less than a second is just dumb. Save us ragdoll.

you're thinking about hitman dude