ThatBritshGuy

Change the walk up hills!

Absolutely if you have 60 pounds + of gear on your back.

It's funny how you point out that the character *might* be wearing sixty pounds as a reason for why he should move extremely slow when he hits a 10 degree incline, but you can run at full blast with nothing in your hand for 3 hours straight no problem, among other inconsistencies. Anyone with such disciplined and amazing cardio potential as that doesn't drop to 10% speed because of a 10 degree incline suddenly. We're just asking for a more gradual slow down as the incline increases, not a sudden damning drop to a slow walk.

On another note a player shouldn't be able to bolt around as you're firing 30 rounds at him as he's being hit in the legs repeatedly either. Unrelated: and then being murdered by the same guy that just got hit repeatedly by a frickin' axe or hoe.

Be a little less ridiculous guys.

Edited by chrismgtis

It's funny how you point out that the character *might* be wearing sixty pounds as a reason for why he should move extremely slow when he hits a 10 degree incline, but you can run at full blast with nothing in your hand for 3 hours straight no problem, among other inconsistencies. Anyone with such disciplined and amazing cardio potential as that doesn't drop to 10% speed because of a 10 degree incline suddenly. We're just asking for a more gradual slow down as the incline increases, not a sudden damning drop to a slow walk.

On another note a player shouldn't be able to bolt around as you're firing 30 rounds at him as he's being hit in the legs repeatedly either. Unrelated: and then being murdered by the same guy that just got hit repeatedly by a frickin' axe or hoe.

Be a little less ridiculous guys.

You pitch axe hoe.

I bet the people who are complaining are the same ones who love the unlimited stamina and 14 mph sprint speed even when you have a mosin + 60 lb of gear in the backpack.

Dude, most people are complaining because you are forced to walk up hills that a fat man could sprint up, even with nothing on your back when you spawn on the coast, if you want to go up the hill and walk across the tree line it is completely tedious because you are forced to change speed every 5 seconds when the terrain changes in the slightest. Yes if you do have a full backpack of gear if would be different but still you would be able to walk faster than you can now .   

• Like 1

Walking up hills is horrible in the SA, the tiniest of hills/banks will force you to walk stupidly slow, this is even worse when in a gun fight. You are getting shot at and run to some trees for cover but there is a little tiny hill and you are forced to walk whilst getting shot and can lead to your death. I think this should be changed as it is totally unrealistic and just annoying...

People who can't adapt get shot.  That's the thing about survival, you see?

I dont mind walking up steep hills but some like the streets of svetlo or even smaller hills are quite annoyong.

People who can't adapt get shot.  That's the thing about survival, you see?

Yes but I don't know if you realise you can't adapt, there is now way around it, that's the point I am trying to get across. If you wan't to get up a hill, all you can do is walk, nothing else.

Edited by ThatBritshGuy

Yes but I don't know if you realise you can't adapt

Fair enough.  Enjoy being a perpetual victim.

I think its for the most part realistic and the diagonal trick works most times so Im not pushed on this topic.

Why run when getting shot jst nail the guy, works for me and no hill trouble!

True, but sometimes you can't see where you are getting shot from so running to cover is the best option.

I think its for the most part realistic and the diagonal trick works most times so Im not pushed on this topic.

Please explain how you see this being realistic, I would understand if the hill was actually steep and they had a better animation for it (this will probably be added later though) but even when you have no gear you still are forced to walk ridiculously slow over what sometimes is not even a hill just a tiny little incline on a road which you could at least jog over with heavy gear.  

I bet the people who are complaining are the same ones who love the unlimited stamina and 14 mph sprint speed even when you have a mosin + 60 lb of gear in the backpack.

Bad Gibonez bad! Get back to your corner.

I don't like the hill walk or stairs for that matter. If if I had all that gear, I could still maintain a pace that is much greater than a slow walk, up even the slightest incline. 

It's a death sentence in a firefight and does need refinement.

• Like 1

Your assumptions are terrible. 

• Like 1

With time an addition of a stamina system combined with a direct correlation of run speed to ground incline to stamina fatigue will most likely be implemented. Until then choose your ground wisely young skywalker.

• Like 1

Please explain how you see this being realistic, I would understand if the hill was actually steep and they had a better animation for it (this will probably be added later though) but even when you have no gear you still are forced to walk ridiculously slow over what sometimes is not even a hill just a tiny little incline on a road which you could at least jog over with heavy gear.  

I often walk up hills while fishing, run up hill with - or without - gear, good luck! Even a 30-45degrees hill will make you slow down believe me.

Agreed, it's really annoying when you hit the slightest incline and the animation changes to a walk, it's expected on steep inclines but it's pretty ridiculous a lot of the time.

• Like 2

To the nay sayers: it happens on subtle inclines too with or without a lot of gear. It happens on stair cases in your nickers and nothing else ffs. It is quite unrealistic atm.

a stamina meter may help: declines faster when running up a slope over some time.

Edited by joe_mcentire

To the nay sayers: it happens on subtle inclines too with or without a lot of gear. It happens on stair cases in your nickers and nothing else ffs. It is quite unrealistic atm.

Running the stairs up or down like in the last of us would be awesome.

Have you ever tried walking up a hill in real life? There is no flipping way that you can run around up and down a hill with a backpack full of crap. It hurts like hell just to walk up a flight of stairs with a backpack on, let alone a mountain. Go on a hike someday and you will see what I mean.

Edited by Jiggly Ritz

I know if I had 50 pounds of gear and I am getting chased and ripped apart by undead creatures, or being shot at by firearms, being chased by someone with an axe. I'm sure I can atleast jog up the hill.

Im assuming once the stamina system is implemented is when this issue will get addressed.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

Bumping this thread. It's really irritating. Atleast make it so you move at a decent speed at an angle.

It feels just about right to me as is. Steep changes in elevation are strategic this way. Even if you could scramble at a slightly faster rate in the future it'll exhaust you quick. Probably not the way you'll want to be spending your stamina most of the time.

It feels just about right to me as is. Steep changes in elevation are strategic this way. Even if you could scramble at a slightly faster rate in the future it'll exhaust you quick. Probably not the way you'll want to be spending your stamina most of the time.

The problem is that its a game and sometimes its really hard to show the player how steep the inclines really are.

General rule of thumb is if your character starts walking on an incline you would probably not be able to climb it in real life at a fast rate or without injuring your legs.

Yet some people still want this.

skyrim-physics-horse-ps3-dawnguard.jpg

• Like 1