Opdoger

Is there any nice people

Nice people are a rare and beautiful creature. I've heard rumors that nice people don't attack you on sight. Some even try to have conversations with you, while others wave at you while walking down a coastal road. However, nice people populations are threatened by an invasive species known as Kill On Sighters. These "KOSers" are a dangerous species of players that have moved into the Nice player's territory. KOSers will not hesitate to kill you and t-bag your corpse

Nice player's numbers are declining. If we don't stop it, DayZ will be all but void of Nice players. You can help stop this by donating one can of beans. This can of beans will show your love for nice players and tell the KOSers that you're fed up with them. Please, act now before it's too late

• Like 4

I guess there are some nice dayz players. But I just died again LOL

Nice people are a rare and beautiful creature. I've heard rumors that nice people don't attack you on sight. Some even try to have conversations with you, while others wave at you while walking down a coastal road. However, nice people populations are threatened by an invasive species known as Kill On Sighters. These "KOSers" are a dangerous species of players that have moved into the Nice player's territory. KOSers will not hesitate to kill you and t-bag your corpse

Nice player's numbers are declining. If we don't stop it, DayZ will be all but void of Nice players. You can help stop this by donating one can of beans. This can of beans will show your love for nice players and tell the KOSers that you're fed up with them. Please, act now before it's too late

Beans for making me chuckle :D

Don't approach players at NWAF, Berezino, NEAF, or any coastal town with a market.

The best way to start a conversation with a player is telling them (while you're hidden with LOS) to drop their gun or be shot. Chances are if he drops the weapon he's a friendly guy that just hopes to not die in a situation where somebody obviously has the upper hand.

If he's not a friendly guy, chances are he'll go for an escape or try to get in cover and take some shots. All a bandit/killer has is his weapon and his backup. Friendlies have the ability to both trust and communicate without as much fear. (they do it more often)

As for "rescuing" new(er)spawns out of sticky situations with bandits/killers, your best bet is to shoot the newspawn's legs at some point in time, (assuming you have morphine) this keeps him both out of the line of fire and in a position where he won't be able to make a move after you finish off his attackers, allowing you to take the ammo off of their bodies then fix him up so he can move on.

There are nice people.

These nice people will usually be nice to you, but will be careful, because if they're not being careful they are rather new to the game and need to learn that it is best to interact with freshspawns when you have sniper support, as a single punch can take you down.

Nice people also come in packs. You see a few lone nice people, but that is only when they have no ammo, or no gun, or just don't feel like being a dick. I am sometimes a nice person, other times I have to shoot five people just to kill one person. Why? Because people don't listen to you and try to yolo loot the corpse of some fellow you shot and force you to put them down or just can't be trusted in an area where there are loaded guns lying around.

As others have said, a lot of people say "friendly" just so they have a chance at lining up a better shot.

That, and anyone who is both friendly and sensible would not approach you.

So yes, there are friendly people. Only problem is that they're either dead, or they are there and you just don't know it because they don't reveal themselves.

Don't need to take my word for it; look at the forums. Plenty of nice people who would be happy to buddy up with you.

Edited by Rage VG

Don't approach players at NWAF, Berezino, NEAF, or any coastal town with a market.

The best way to start a conversation with a player is telling them (while you're hidden with LOS) to drop their gun or be shot. Chances are if he drops the weapon he's a friendly guy that just hopes to not die in a situation where somebody obviously has the upper hand.

If he's not a friendly guy, chances are he'll go for an escape or try to get in cover and take some shots. All a bandit/killer has is his weapon and his backup. Friendlies have the ability to both trust and communicate without as much fear. (they do it more often)

As for "rescuing" new(er)spawns out of sticky situations with bandits/killers, your best bet is to shoot the newspawn's legs at some point in time, (assuming you have morphine) this keeps him both out of the line of fire and in a position where he won't be able to make a move after you finish off his attackers, allowing you to take the ammo off of their bodies then fix him up so he can move on.

Erh, no.

When you order someone to drop their gun or surrender, you seem rather hostile. Most normal people will believe you are robbing them and will try to engage you if you are very threatening or demanding.

The best way to initiate a safe, friendly interaction is to call out from a position where you have the advantage, but talk in a calm, reassuring voice. You should ask them to put their gun away. If they raise it, kill them without a warning, especially if they try to take some shots or look for you, sights to their eyes. Try to sound friendly, not hostile.

Also, I've met friendlies at NWAF before.

Erh, no.

When you order someone to drop their gun or surrender, you seem rather hostile. Most normal people will believe you are robbing them and will try to engage you if you are very threatening or demanding.

The best way to initiate a safe, friendly interaction is to call out from a position where you have the advantage, but talk in a calm, reassuring voice. You should ask them to put their gun away. If they raise it, kill them without a warning, especially if they try to take some shots or look for you, sights to their eyes. Try to sound friendly, not hostile.

Also, I've met friendlies at NWAF before.

You can sound friendly while asking a guy to put down a gun or shoot it out.

"Hey man. I don't wanna take shots, but I'm going to ask you to drop your weapon, I'm friendly." - Like that.

There's no problem with asking to put it on their back either. I just ask them to drop it so I can be assured that I'll be that much safer.

And yeah, plenty of friendlies pass through NWAF. They aren't the problem. The problem is that possible bandit sniper sitting in a bush waiting for you to talk to another friendly, so he can grab a shot and get some gear.

there are nice people, i met some before, i am also nice.

I keep helping bambies out and getting sniped for it.. So now there is no more trust because people are just KOS and if they don't its a trap to snipe you.

All there is for those People in this game right now is PVP.. They don't want to test and try new things they are just bored and want to kill people.

Until there is bases and vehicles to pimp out, I will not trust anyone. I imagine everyone one else does the same.. except the people that just want to kill people.. The rest will just hide from you or try to avoid you.  If you see someone your most likely getting shot.

rather than kill I've chose to avoid/hide i can usually get any gear i want and am usually out gunning them though of course sometimes not. i use stealth to just avoid the whole dance of the KOS/friendly. I've played as a hero I've been the worst kind of bandit as well as a gentleman bandit I've ran in large 10 man groups and it was a nightmare no comm discipline and not to mention every damn survivor wants to have a large kill count like that so they all shoot at you.and if your alone they think your easy pickens. it not i don't like the fight i love it but it always feels forced and cheap once the adrenaline wears off and it does its called boredom.i decided to try and not kill but to just become the environment that's how i play now.i would like to see other playstyles evolve/form except the whole crazy killer bandit or the hero. you can still interact with people and you get one hell of a show sometimes. i once watche a 3 vs 4 battle it was amazing one guy survived i creeped up to him and communicated he stated he would kill me etc blah blah i told him i watched the whole battle go down and wanted to say nice work was an epic battle he offered me some of the loot i passed sensing a trap and went back into the woods.sry for the long post.just wanted to hopefully inspire folks to play different ways and tell there stories.  

• Like 1

Find yourself a good friendly hero group to join up with. There ARE good friendly players in the game.

It really depends, i have only come across two people, as i play on low pop servers. the first guy killed me for trying to help. But i was shooting my 357 as the zombies trying to kill him and was lagging, so that was bad on me.  the second guy apologized for starling me and meant no harm i gave him a crowbar and we parted ways.

I myself try to be nice but always have my gun out, but not in aimed mode.

-edit  spellcheck on this MAC sucks

Edited by Lordbafford

I always try to help people, but I never go to the coast to help fresh spawns. It's a stupid thing to do because the coast is full of people that died recently and they try to gear up ASAP to get into another firefight. Real newbs don't need help, it's trial and error, they gonna learn eventually, helping them and gearing them up is like carrying for a young wild animal, as soon as you let him go into the wilderness he will day anyway.

Of the 20 people I assisted only 3 were near the beach, mostly I help out people more inland around non military locations, but there are exceptions. It depends on their attitude when I meet them. Either I make contact or avoid them, KoS is not my style even if I see a fully geared player.

If you want to be a nice guy in DayZ you have to remember Yoda's wisdom:

Yoda: "The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side. Rejoice for those around us who transform into the Force. Mourn them, do not. Miss them, do not. Attachment leads to jealousy, the shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums, Opdoger.  There are some of us out there.  I've never killed another player.  I refuse to do it.  But generally I find that many players are untrustworthy.  It's unbelievable but some people actually argue that they kill others because someone killed them.  Makes no sense to me but you have develop a tough skin and get used to dying every few minutes and getting right back up and starting again. Good luck :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Dayz ? Nope, nope nope nope nope.

Dayz ? Nope, nope nope nope nope.

I never announce friendly anymore! Every single time I've declared that I am friendly, I've ended up looking at a black screen. I try my best to wait out most situations before deciding to pull the trigger, and I've had more good encounters than bad. There are nice people in the game, but don't expect too many people to go out of their way. I've only had to kill two people and one was a mercy killing. I have however been killed 3-4 times (without being spoken to)

I am a friendly player, I have only killed once and that was when I was trying to patch up a friend who had been ko'd and someone else came in the room, we asked him to move into a corner of the room and he flipped us the bird so I killed him.  Most of the time I will offer any spare food/water/clothes that I have to someone that is in need of it, most people are quite receptive, but I have had a few people attempt to kill me after I help them.  Most of my deaths either come from super zombies or me being stupid and too trusting.

My friendly to bandit ratio is about 1:1. I have met plenty of friendly players and have grouped up adding them to my steam friends list. I have also encountered plenty who were bent on killing me. I have only ever killed one and that was because i was looting as a bambi and he shot me with a mosin. He didn't do so well against my pitchfork. The real thing you need to worry about is the trust factor. I found a newbie in Berezino and gave him a crossbow because I didn't like the super long reload animation for it. I told him I would help him gear up and as soon as I turn my head I took a crossbow bolt to the cranium. However, I have met people on the road as we ran past each other and didn't say anything to not have any problems whatsoever. I also have met completely armed people who could have killed me for my stuff but didn't. My opinion is it's a game of luck. And if someone has a gun pointed at you your best bet is to just put your hands up tell him you are not a bandit and pray he/she isn't (Yes met a female player who I thought I could trust BIG MISTAKE). Either than that, make sure you have the advantage by having the drop on him/her so you don't get screwed over. 

The only time I use force is in self defense.  The very definition of voluntaryist.  Hit me up if you want to play together.

Edited by Voluntaryist

I havent killed anyone yet :D been killed once and met 1 friendly player. I like to usually observe people and try to get along and survive with them :) add me on Steam: ReeceF11

I'm rather nice ingame, I don't call out "friendly" anymore but I try not to shoot on sight, unless I'm in a military-base/airfield when it's pretty much always kill or be killed, if someone calls out that they're friendly or just call out in a non-threatening way (and don't point their guns at me etc.) I never shoot, and if I see someone outside of military zones etc. I usually try to wait the situation out and stay out of sight unless I don't have another choice. I wish I'd meet more friendly people who need help etc. though, I usually have way more food than I really need etc. haha

• Like 1

Often it'll get to the point where I go so far from the map, seeing civilization is a joy to me. I sort of just charge survivors head-on yelling at them to "TAKE ME HOSTAGE, TAKE ME HOSTAGE".

Hope that works for you, as it does for me.

Edited by Skim