Grimey Rick

So after roughly 300 hours since I trusted my last random person...

Hello there

One can get away with saying a lot of things on this forum, but even we have our limits.

The R word is one we frown on. It's not to be used. Simples.

Rdgs

LoK

I've seen enough of your posts to expect the Rgds LoK, and here.... I see Rdgs, not Rgds.. WHY.

• Like 4

Indeed. People  (not even the people themselves) but those who self appoint themselves to get "butthurt" for others. THEN, many others are cowed into some level of compliance with the consolation of "I am on a moral high ground".  They aren't really.

Stick to the topic.

Somewhere in this thread there is a medic guy who said he trusted a dude with a gasmask on.

I dont trust anybody who dresses like he thinks he is bad ass in this game...

Eventually those gas masks will save your life once they start adding tear gas and smoke grenades.

Ouch.

Just a suggestion, for anyone wanting to test how loyal a rando buddy is. Say you're gonna afk, keep your back to a wall and your gun up, don't move for the next few minutes and blow em away or axe the crap out of em if they come at ya.

Has this ever happened to you?

Tons of times dude and to be on the safe side you are better off shooting people straight away but if you do you lose out on some awesome opportunity's. I have a feeling that this guy was probably going to log out and when you said you were going for a slash he used the opportunity to fully gear up before he logged off maybe.

But only a couple of hours ago in the middle of berezhino(new electro) a new spawn was being held up, my friend sniped the guy who was holding him up, we then took fire from elsewhere and this guy picked up the m4 and started fighting with us for a good two hours and now he is a friend in steam. So two tips for you.

People are less likely to shoot you if there are other people to fight against with you and also if you are going to trust someone add them in steam and get them on teamspeak or skype or something like that, i find that after they have handed all this information about themselves to you they are way less likely to betray and much more likely to want to be friends with you.

This is just what i have observed, Don't let this one asshole ruin some of the best moments (random encounters) in dayz for you.

A cynic.

• Like 1

I team up with complete strangers all the time, I find it pretty exciting. Many of my random encounters ended up with a new entry in my skype list or other communication programs. There were a few attempts of betrayal of course, but to my luck they failed to kill me. So, generally, if they have enough brain power, decency and courage to talk to you instead of firing their gun in panic, they are a lot less likely to kill you. Fortunately, those who would play with you for hours only to murder you afterwards seem to be a rare kind, at least judjing my personal experience back in the mod and the game. Those who attempted to betray me did that a few minutes later after our initial contact. Keep in mind that usually it's barely possible to figure out if he is going to betray you or not, so you should realise you are taking a risk. So you should decide what you value more, your items or a good company.

...I decided to turn my back on a guy after playing with him for about three hours. We literally ran 3/4 of the map from NWAF, to SWAF, to Elektro, to Berezino, and finally to NEAF. After getting to NEAF and finding it already looted, I had to go take a piss. I let him know and hadn't even stood up from my chair when I saw, "You are dead".

I normally help new spawns (even though nobody is truly new at this point of the game) but I don't usually hang around them long enough to even consider turning my back on them. This guy seemed pretty cool; he told me about his family and job, where he was from, etc. I used to KOS everyone I came across, but never would I do something so low. It makes me wonder what makes people tick. To see someone and shoot them on sight is one thing, but to roll with them for a few hours partaking in conversation for the entirety of the trip only to finally kill them when he is going AFK has to be the pinnacle of sleaze. I think I may go on another KOS rip.

I grouped up with two people who killed me when I was finding their blood type. 

I found them on steam and sent them the message "You were AB"

I was camping NEAF over the weekend when 3 people showed up.  At first they didn't seem like they were together, but they didn't attack each other and eventually left together.  I decided to follow and see how well I could track and take out a group of players.

I eventually lost sight of them and was about to give up, when two lone shots rang out close by, but not in my direction.  A lucky glance and I noticed someone reloading and shot him with ease.  I approached cautiously, as I knew there were three, and had no idea what he was shooting at.  When I got to the scene, it was apparent that this guy had just blasted his buddies in the back.

Oh well, I guess the best way to take out a group of players is to wait for them to off each other. :P

• Like 1

Tis what makes DayZ awesome. 

If you let your guard down, you become a liability.

If you're a liability, you become a threat.

If you become a threat, survival trumps new friendships. 

Haha its a video game.

It doesn't matter whether or not it's behind a monitor, you can still figure out what kind of a person someone is by the way they act in an environment with no consequences. If someone cheats in a card game, you can tell pretty quickly what kind of a person they are as well.

• Like 1

Don't assume he killed you. I was traveling with a new friend I made (he joined my teamspeak and whatnot) and we were playing for about 4 hours. We traveled to different airfields and at Balota we went to the second police station and at the top floor room I went to use the bathroom. When I came back, I saw "You are dead". I really thought he killed me and he insisted he didn't. Luckily I was streaming to twitch (which also records). I reviewed it and it turns out he DIDNT kill me. Somehow in that room in that small corner I just randomly died. He wasn't even near me. 

Not saying he didn't kill you, but I had a similar situation and it turned out the guy didn't do shit.

...I decided to turn my back on a guy after playing with him for about three hours. We literally ran 3/4 of the map from NWAF, to SWAF, to Elektro, to Berezino, and finally to NEAF. After getting to NEAF and finding it already looted, I had to go take a piss. I let him know and hadn't even stood up from my chair when I saw, "You are dead".

I normally help new spawns (even though nobody is truly new at this point of the game) but I don't usually hang around them long enough to even consider turning my back on them. This guy seemed pretty cool; he told me about his family and job, where he was from, etc. I used to KOS everyone I came across, but never would I do something so low. It makes me wonder what makes people tick. To see someone and shoot them on sight is one thing, but to roll with them for a few hours partaking in conversation for the entirety of the trip only to finally kill them when he is going AFK has to be the pinnacle of sleaze. I think I may go on another KOS rip.

maybe karma from all the hours of people's time's you've taken, thats a lot of possession...

but i do agree with you, lowest bar possible.

Only helped out a couple of people and both times been wasted, so now I don't befriend and just go with my squad steering clear of others. We don't KoS but they get too close they get told to move out and find elsewhere unless they decide to have a pop then, unfortunately for them we return fire.