Grimey Rick

So after roughly 300 hours since I trusted my last random person...

...I decided to turn my back on a guy after playing with him for about three hours. We literally ran 3/4 of the map from NWAF, to SWAF, to Elektro, to Berezino, and finally to NEAF. After getting to NEAF and finding it already looted, I had to go take a piss. I let him know and hadn't even stood up from my chair when I saw, "You are dead".

I normally help new spawns (even though nobody is truly new at this point of the game) but I don't usually hang around them long enough to even consider turning my back on them. This guy seemed pretty cool; he told me about his family and job, where he was from, etc. I used to KOS everyone I came across, but never would I do something so low. It makes me wonder what makes people tick. To see someone and shoot them on sight is one thing, but to roll with them for a few hours partaking in conversation for the entirety of the trip only to finally kill them when he is going AFK has to be the pinnacle of sleaze. I think I may go on another KOS rip.

Has this ever happened to you?

• Like 11

I would actually much rather someone do that than kill me on sight without even looting my gear.

Personal preference, I guess.

Anyways, that is quite strange for someone to do that, though...he could have just shot you at any time anyways, and you wouldn't be able to respond fast enough. Just saying though...I've actually met some pretty cool people along with the guys who snipe me for lulz.

Edited by Geckofrog7

Nope, never happened to me and i regularly make friends with strangers i meet ingame and we hike off together for abit. Usually you can watch for certain clues in their behaviour to determine if they have any evil motives behind the casual upfront they present themselves with. A skill maybe, sort of like face reading in rl

Never had anyone pull that B.S.  

Of course the shoot at everything that moves types are hilarious but this.... yeah this is truly disgusting.

Meh the world is full of retards.

Whaddya gunna do?

Nope, never happened to me and i regularly make friends with strangers i meet ingame and we hike off together for abit. Usually you can watch for certain clues in their behaviour to determine if they have any evil motives behind the casual upfront they present themselves with. A skill maybe, sort of like face reading in rl

Yeah, I know what you mean. This guy was chill the entire time. He even took several breaks where I covered him during our trip.

Meh the world is full of retards.

You don't want to use that word on here.

It never really happens to me. I play alone. If I have to run with people, stealth is near impossible.

Anyway - where I am usually at there are no people. That also means that I don't have problems finding loot, as there was rarely anyone around.

Yeah, I know what you mean. This guy was chill the entire time. He even took several breaks where I covered him during our trip.

Reserved and calm for prolonged periods of time, apathetic to danger while at the same time creating the impression upon you that he trusts you to protect him so that you will in turn trust him to do the same. Telltale signs of a deceitful and conniving person.

Trusting him to protect you while you took a break turned out to be a bad idea eh?

• Like 1

Reserved and calm for prolonged periods of time, apathetic to danger while at the same time creating the impression upon you that he trusts you to protect him so that you will in turn trust him to do the same. Telltale signs of a deceitful and conniving person.

Trusting him to protect you while you took a break turned out to be a bad idea eh?

Lol.  :beans:

...I decided to turn my back on a guy after playing with him for about three hours. We literally ran 3/4 of the map from NWAF, to SWAF, to Elektro, to Berezino, and finally to NEAF. After getting to NEAF and finding it already looted, I had to go take a piss. I let him know and hadn't even stood up from my chair when I saw, "You are dead".

Hmm... don't suppose he mentioned anything about empty backpacks or missing boots during your wanderings?

• Like 1

how do you know it was your new compadre what done it?

You don't want to use that word on here.

It never really happens to me. I play alone. If I have to run with people, stealth is near impossible.

Anyway - where I am usually at there are no people. That also means that I don't have problems finding loot, as there was rarely anyone around.

Look I get that you have a "job" here but push the self-censorship on the plebs.

This is one of the best forums on the net, but not because of someone else's idea of what the majority should say.

• Like 1

Look I get that you have a "job" here but push the self-censorship on the plebs.

This is one of the best forums on the net, but not because of someone else's idea of what the majority should say.

TP. Thought police

What? I don't even understand.

• Like 1

Betrayal happens in DayZ, but I would go Trevor Phillips on everyone for months if that happened to me.

I feel ya, also trusted a random guy who was pretty cool, we looted half of the map and when I had to go afk he instantly hoed me

I feel your pain.

Rollin' out of Elektro with my mates, we loot the fire station. I am the least equipped- nothing but an FNX and one mag. Anyway, we met a guy in there. We talked for a bit, he was full camo though. He seemed chill enough. We decided to go to the NWAF together. So it was me, my three buddies, and this one guy. We chatted the whole way, and we stopped at a pond for a drink and a snack. I go for a little swim, something I like to do for RP's sake. My buddy is eating, the rest are drinking- the norm. Then I hear M4 shots. My friends drop their beans and die before they can react, meanwhile I swim off into the tall weeds. I sneak out after I see him poking around in the woods trying to find me. I then engaged in a 15 minute fire fight with the fucker, hitting him a few times in the shoulder and one in the stomach. He was a terrible shot- he emptied about 3 mags at me. The first time I was hit, he full on sprinted me as I shot him in the shoulder. Out of half a mag, he got me once in the arm. I was going to finish the bastard (he was still bleeding), but my FNX was out. I decide to turn and run, but he pulls a dick move- he empties another half mag to blow my kneecaps out. He stands over me, and the last thing I see is his gas mask.

"Don't do it, man."

-The famous last words of Guppy

I have watched nearly the exact same thing happen to a buddy of mine. Four of us were on a server together, but he was off by himself and he was too far away for the rest of us to help him once things finally did go wrong.

It has never happened to me personally, but then I don't trust anyone ever, and neither does my buddy anymore. When I do have a positive encounter with randoms, I tend to keep them at an arm's length no matter how friendly they are -- and I make it known, and tell them exactly why. They are usually pretty understanding about it.

Hello there

One can get away with saying a lot of things on this forum, but even we have our limits.

The R word is one we frown on. It's not to be used. Simples.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 3

I feel your pain.

Rollin' out of Elektro with my mates, we loot the fire station. I am the least equipped- nothing but an FNX and one mag. Anyway, we met a guy in there. We talked for a bit, he was full camo though. He seemed chill enough. We decided to go to the NWAF together. So it was me, my three buddies, and this one guy. We chatted the whole way, and we stopped at a pond for a drink and a snack. I go for a little swim, something I like to do for RP's sake. My buddy is eating, the rest are drinking- the norm. Then I hear M4 shots. My friends drop their beans and die before they can react, meanwhile I swim off into the tall weeds. I sneak out after I see him poking around in the woods trying to find me. I then engaged in a 15 minute fire fight with the fucker, hitting him a few times in the shoulder and one in the stomach. He was a terrible shot- he emptied about 3 mags at me. The first time I was hit, he full on sprinted me as I shot him in the shoulder. Out of half a mag, he got me once in the arm. I was going to finish the bastard (he was still bleeding), but my FNX was out. I decide to turn and run, but he pulls a dick move- he empties another half mag to blow my kneecaps out. He stands over me, and the last thing I see is his gas mask.

"Don't do it, man."

Confronted with a larger group, his obvious evaluation of the situation is that he will lose against a more powerful force. You and your medics trust a stranger to have goodwill at heart in a situation where he has no chance of surviving should he decide to assail. You got stabbed in the back for lack of foresight of considering what he would have done if you were in the reverse situation.

Confronted with a larger group, his obvious evaluation of the situation is that he will lose against a more powerful force. You and your medics trust a stranger to have goodwill at heart in a situation where he has no chance of surviving should he decide to assail. You got stabbed in the back for lack of foresight of considering what he would have done if you were in the reverse situation.

The only regret I have is that I didn't have the ammo to finish him.

And if ya haven't noticed, it's kind of our job to trust random strangers. :P

DayZ playerbase summed up there grimey, I've been carrying around pistols, an axe and spare food for friendly freshspawns... too bad not one of them has been friendly.

• Like 1

"Don't do it, man."

Begging for your life after he killed your friends and after you lost a fight against him.

404 Honor not found.

Edited by Res
  • Like 2

The way to solve this is to always have one teammate or yourself meet the guy alone, while others are behind cover and hidden.

The true nature of people is found when you approach them with no weapon; no threat.

Begging for your life after he killed your friends and losing a fight against him.

404 Honor not found.

I lost because I was terribly equipped and had a small amount of ammo. My friends were eating.

He had 0 skill as far as precision goes, and I could have iced him given the proper tools.

Look, my goal in DayZ is to survive. :P

• Like 1

Begging for your life after he killed your friends and after you lost a fight against him.

404 Honor not found.

He wasn't begging for his life, more to the point of "really dude?"

Edited by Geckofrog7