Sir Schmoopy

Remove Zombies until they're fixed.

Why in the hell would you do ANYTHING to the zombies other than make them NOT phase through fucking walls. The aggro range is absolutely unnecessary and they ignore all walls. Just remove them until they're coded into the game properly and running into a building doesn't become a surprise death trap.

• Like 5

Bruh .. nah. To the yard with you.

• Like 1

If only there was a way to remove OP from the forums.

I like the Zeds, I am actually scared to be around them and seriously if you haven't work out a strategy to handle them.... well the shame is on you dude.

This is how I imagine OP:

1. Runs through town
  2. Z's pursue
  3. Runs into building thinking I am safe in here
  4. Zeds run through wall and begin to rape and pillage him

How about not run into buildings with z's chasing you? Just a thought lol 

Edited by NexVentor
  • Like 4

I don't understand what the problem for some people is with the zombies.

1: if you are a fresh spawn with no weapons: keep being fast and there is no problem, you may get hit once or twice but if you have your shirt pre-ripped into rags you should survive.

2: once you have a decent melee weapon (hoe, splitting axe, fire axe) you just face the Z that's coming at you, at about 3 meters you initiate a hit/swing, make a side step and repeat one or two more times until Z is dead.

3: with multiple Z's, just keep moving sideways and they will rarely hit you, sometimes a sidestep in the opposite direction will give you a better hitting range.

4: don't fight the Z's indoors, get out and face them in the open.

If this is impossible for you to do, just keep running and they will give the chase up soon enough...

Edited by SAK
  • Like 2

Remove zombies? In a survival game based off a zombie apocolypse? Thats like removing cars from a racing game.

• Like 1

Remove zombies? In a survival game based off a zombie apocolypse? Thats like removing cars from a racing game.

or eating salaries without ranch!

• Like 1

i agree that zombie ignoring obstacles should be prioritized than spray cans

but hey zombies in dayz have superpowers 

they have ability to walk thru walls, turn invisible and hit you from a mile away

but i dont agree that they should be removed

dayz IS a zombie survival game

zombies with superpowers

I am new to game and can take on 5-10 zombies at the same time without getting hit. Whats the big deal? literally just side step the entire time and they run around like hellen keller

or eating salaries without ranch!

Or Hockey without violence! Edited by Murlough

Remove zombies being tested from an alpha

You just went full retard on that one

• Like 3

Too funny... Giggles to Self.

Edited by SmokedUpJoe

If only there was a way to remove OP from the forums.

I like the Zeds, I am actually scared to be around them and seriously if you haven't work out a strategy to handle them.... well the shame is on you dude.

This is how I imagine OP:

1. Runs through town
  2. Z's pursue
  3. Runs into building thinking I am safe in here
  4. Zeds run through wall and begin to rape and pillage him

How about not run into buildings with z's chasing you? Just a thought lol 

The issue here is that the zombies are ninja's and can smell you from since you login now. I considered myself safe in a house since no zombie chased me. And suddenly they're behind me munching me. Oh and check my signature that they're ninja's aswel.

Remove zombies being tested from an alpha

You just went full retard on that one

And you should never go full retard.... you may never come back.

• Like 3

theres already wayyy to much PVP..

remove the Z's and this game seriously is nothing more then every other CoD clone type FPS.

if they did remove the Z's, the game community would never recover from the shift to pure PVP. even if zs were later readded.

The issue here is that the zombies are ninja's and can smell you from since you login now.

Why are you logging out where zombies are located? That's your first mistake.

I considered myself safe in a house since no zombie chased me.

Annnnddd there's your second mistake

suddenly they're behind me munching me. Oh and check my signature that they're ninja's aswel.

Well if you didn't make the first two mistakes you wouldn't be in this position.

People, you need to start "ADAPTING" to the environment not coming on here to cry about your inability to change as new issues develop. 

If you posted a thread said "NEED HELP ON ZOMBIE STRATEGIES" you would get a gizillion people offering all sorts of ideas as well tutorial vids, diagrams and people offering to join you on a server.

But when you post with this sort of rubbish..

"Remove Zombies until they're fixed."

You just look like an immature child throwing a tantrum and 9/10 will only get mocked.

Edited by NexVentor
  • Like 4

When Zeds are fixed the next thing will be "remove Zeds completely cos they're op!" Because at that point they'll run through the only entrance/exit and you'll be fucked anyway, if you're not smart.

Zeds as a true threat is a good thing to see and if you can't handle it now there's no way you'll handle them when they're fixed. There will be more of them and they'll haunt you like a bad case of the runs. Get used to them being a threat cos they're not going away.

I took a break from dayz after the first week and decided to hop on today to see how things are progressing. 

I saw a zed and I was amazed. I thought I time traveled back to 2005. Sadly I realized this is not the case by checking the date on my phone :(. I shouldn't have been fooled, I may have just started the dayz arma 2 mod due to old habits. 

But that wasn't it either.

So unless there is some other explanation, zombies are still absolutely horrendous. 

But my 10/10 compass made me feel better. 

Why is everyone against the OP?   Yes zombies can be dealt with but is the OP wrong for questioning why they would not fix zombie collision yet?  Is it really unreasonable that they fix it first?  What if they changes they made to zombies make it harder to fix collision?     How is testing of alpha helpful if the zombies are even more broken now than ever before?

• Like 3

Why is everyone against the OP?   Yes zombies can be dealt with but is the OP wrong for questioning why they would not fix zombie collision yet?  Is it really unreasonable that they fix it first?  What if they changes they made to zombies make it harder to fix collision?     How is testing of alpha helpful if the zombies are even more broken now than ever before?

agreed, just remove them. 

I'm ashamed to see them in this game. 

• Like 1

agreed, just remove them. 

I'm ashamed to see them in this game. 

Cool but I dont think they should remove because PVP would be even worse.   I just want them to fix them.