gibonez

Stand alone attachment system = COD

They best get rid of the Zombies then, they should also do away with the one bandage insta-heal.

It's a game, artistic licence is used to make the game enjoyable and playable.  All I ever see is you whinge about stuff.  If you are so unhappy with the game why do you even bother playing it?

Yea sure why not.

I hate the rag instal heal too. Being shot in the neck should not be cured by simple putting a tshirt rag on it.

COD is an excellent game on its own genre, I will never understand the massive criticism against it, yeah they made the same game year after year but that doesn't mean the original game sucked.

The attatchment system is just fine how it is now.

I am not talking down or demeaning cod players, its a fine fun game that is in a completely different genre.

All I am saying is that the unrealistic attachment system in COD has no place in Stand Alone.

Yea sure why not.

I hate the rag instal heal too. Being shot in the neck should not be cured by simple putting a tshirt rag on it.

There is no insta-heal, you just stop the bleeding.  I would love to see mortal wound shots that without proper medical attention would still cause the player to bleed out.  And no, I don't want to see a surgeon simulator style medical system :p.  Although that would be funny as hell

There is no insta-heal, you just stop the bleeding.  I would love to see mortal wound shots that without proper medical attention would still cause the player to bleed out.  And no, I don't want to see a surgeon simulator style medical system :P.  Although that would be funny as hell

:/ surgeon simulator kicking in when trying to perform surgery and removing bullets or closing deep bleeding would be pretty funny.

As for gunshot wounds I wish the rags would simply slow down the bleeding and to fully stop the bleeding you would be required to go through a more indepth healing method that required much longer than 10 seconds.

Perhaps the rags could saturate the blood slowly then once soaked you bled at full strength required another rag.

• Like 1

:/ surgeon simulator kicking in when trying to perform surgery and removing bullets or closing deep bleeding would be pretty funny.

As for gunshot wounds I wish the rags would simply slow down the bleeding and to fully stop the bleeding you would be required to go through a more indepth healing method that required much longer than 10 seconds.

Perhaps the rags could saturate the blood slowly then once soaked you bled at full strength required another rag.

That last part is an awesome idea.  Seriously, get that in the suggestions forum

• Like 1

NO

It is not fine

For reasons described in this thread.

It is not ´´just fine´´. No.

It works, but it's not logical. But there's a whole lot of things in this game that isn't logical, so why is this required to be ultra-logical when there's little else in the game that is (and probably won't be)? I am guessing that these things (weapon mods) will be changed, however I think that will come when all or at least most weapons and weapon mods are in. Had all weapons been implemented and a substantial amount of time had passed since the last weapon was implemented I would have agreed with the thread in particular, but right now it just feels (to me anyway) redundant and as a matter of fact I am hoping that they won't put much time into it until other features or mechanics of the game is actually implemented. But then again I think I can say that I don't care which direction it goes - I wouldn't complain if they changed it to a more logical system and I wouldn't complain if they didn't.

• Like 1

Could be another use for the sewing kit :P

Could be another use for the sewing kit :P

ss_d47d4762d04dc5bd1554d09005a0e0ba01e4b

I wouldn't mind a mini game for surgery.

The attachment system is so silly.

Magpul parts = Super accurate M4.

No Magpul parts = Bullet Hose M4.

The attachment system is so silly.

Magpul parts = Super accurate M4.

No Magpul parts = Bullet Hose M4.

It really is.

Especially when you consider that this.

xmag405odgrn.jpg

and

280976.jpg

Somehow magically affect a weapons accuracy. They are pieces of plastic, that is all.

It really is.

Especially when you consider that this.

xmag405odgrn.jpg

and

280976.jpg

Somehow magically affect a weapons accuracy. They are pieces of plastic, that is all.

A better fit/made butt sock can make the gun more stable against the shoulder and during firing increasing accuracy by increasing the repeatability of shots (that would be decreasing the cone of fire FYI), not to mention making the gun more comfortable increasing the shooters ability to make accurate shots.

A hand guard CAN have a real measurable impact on accuracy with an AR15 or M4, some guns shoot better with a free floated hand guard, some actually shoot better with contact for whatever reason some will shoot great with the contact one of them provides but suffer under the contact from another.

That you don't know that indicates you should find another hobby horse or educate yourself. Correcting your repeated belligerent displays of ignorance about firearms is becoming tiresome.

The real world of firearms accuracy has some very strange occurrences.

Edited by Franchi

Bro, the game isn't trying to be a military sim. It's not aiming for the exact same level of realism as the ArmA games. The system in place is fine, and it doesn't break my immersion due to its level of realism.

Edited by t1337Dude
  • Like 1

A hand guard CAN have a real measurable impact on accuracy with an AR15 or M4, some guns shoot better with a free floated hand guard, some actually shoot better with contact for whatever reason some will shoot great with the contact one of them provides but suffer under the contact from another.

Absolutely free floating the barrel does increase accuracy by a tiny bit but the magpul handguards do not free float the barrel so your point is worthless.

A better fit/made butt sock can make the gun more stable against the shoulder and during firing increasing accuracy by increasing the repeatability of shots (that would be decreasing the cone of fire FYI), not to mention making the gun more comfortable increasing the shooters ability to make accurate shots.

Once again that affects the handling of the gun and again it does not change the mechanical accuracy of the gun. What you are suggesting would be simulated with reduced sway when those parts are attached.

That you don't know that indicates you should find another hobby horse or educate yourself. Correcting your repeated belligerent displays of ignorance about firearms is becoming tiresome.

Once again if you are going to spout bullshit atleast know what you are talking about. How does a piece of plastic somehow magically increase its mechanical accuracy. It simply does not.

• Like 1

Bro, the game isn't trying to be a military sim. It's not aiming for the exact same level of realism as the ArmA games. The system in place is fine, and it doesn't break my immersion due to its level of realism.

Well, judging by the complaints it's not "fine" (this is not beta yet either) and it breaks my immersion... but since you don't seem to worry about these details, realism would also be "fine", no? So let's go with that instead.

Free floating a barrel increases accuracy by removing outside influence that comes from the handguard making contact with anything. Any non free float handguard will not help with accuracy except in a psychological manner "This is more comfortable for me." The same goes with most stocks excepting stocks that allow for adjustments in cheek height(Most ar stocks are LOP adjustable) The mechanical accuracy of an AR style rifle is not controlled by accessories. The "comfort" factor does help but that is user specific. I prefer a Magpul CTR on my carbines but my brother prefers a standard M4 stock. On a DMR style build we both preferred the PRS stock with varied adjustments. 

However when designing a game some exceptions probably need to be made. My preference for most attachments would be that they are the same as clothing with only very minor differences.

Absolutely free floating the barrel does increase accuracy by a tiny bit but the magpul handguards do not free float the barrel so your point is worthless.

Actually free floating doesn't always improve accuracy, as I pointed out pressure on the barrel IMPROVES accuracy in some cases heck just moving a pressure point or changing the amount of pressure can increase or decrease accuracy.The affects of bedding can have a large impact on accuracy, far from tiny.

Once again that affects the handling of the gun and again it does not change the mechanical accuracy of the gun. What you are suggesting would be simulated with reduced sway when those parts are attached.

Its not just handling, accuracy is dependent on the mechanical repeatability of a shot, if the gun shifts on or in its stock it WILL affect real world accuracy. For proof of this see the complaints about vertical stringing in the SVT40 caused by shifting in the stock during firing.

Once again if you are going to spout bullshit atleast know what you are talking about. How does a piece of plastic somehow magically increase its mechanical accuracy. It simply does not.

I have used index cards to increase the accuracy of rifles. In the case of the SVT40 the "cone of fire" was improved in the field with chips of birch wood ( I corrected the same deficiency on my friends SVT40 with a dab of acraglass).

You are out of your depth bro.

Edited by Franchi

NO

It is not fine

For reasons described in this thread.

It is not ´´just fine´´. No.

dem realistic uber ninja stealthy fanboys...

For me it's fine and I think it's a placeholder in any case, I bet there will be adapters or something later but I feel like it won't be a game changing thing. It's not an urgent change anyways.

Edited by DerrocK

Hey I am not opposed to having to zero your rifle.

Remember I am the guy who wants this kind of sniping.

Not only because its more realistic and fun but because it means less work for the devs.

With this system they can just add scopes and then assign elevation values the community then goes forth and finds the zeroing for the perspective distance for each gun since each weapon has different muzzle velocities , bullet drop etc.

Proper zeroing is already planned by devs.  Knobs will move, etc.

You also need to stop assuming the devs toss stuff into the game as finished.

Lots of balancing will come during beta.  Including which parts attach where and do what.

When it comes to how parts attach to a gun, I think this needs more attention and should be your focus.  I liked the idea of adding your own weapon attachment points.  Anything to give tools more use.

Ultra reailism is always appreciated long as the items it introduces plays well with other aspects of the game.  Most items should have duality.

Proper zeroing is already planned by devs.  Knobs will move, etc.

You don't say ?

Fantastic if true.

You don't say ?

Fantastic if true.

I'm a horrible troll.  It is

Well.. Actually a good post with some valid points. I dont think that the LRS fitting the mosin is a big deal at the moment atleast not in my opinion, im all for realism but I dont think the majority of the player base would even notice, myself included. Although I hope the add more depth to attachments later on such as using tools and materials. I agree with the magpul parts effecting the accuracy though especially to the degree shown in the alpha, I would much prefer it to effect weapon sway. The M4 is pretty useless without the magpul parts to me unless close up and personal. Would love to see more attachments such as forgrips to, dont understand why there isnt one yet for the m4 which I understood had all the attachments complete.

Edited by Ricky Spanish

Honestly I'd just like to see the devs hire or consult with someone who actually knows something about firearms. Mosin ammo wrong, Misplaced scope on the mosin. CQB stock? helping being more maneuverable? Cup and saucer grip with pistols? this is basic stuff that should have been handled early on. I'm a gun guy so it probably bothers me more than most.

ok, now the guns are a placeholder too...

Zombies are a placeholder, loot system is a placeholder, guns are a placeholder.

Seems that this whole game is a placeholder to another game, LOL.

Seriously, people, you should start to put some pression over the developers, the feedback nowadays is way too much fanboy-oriented.

Anything bad is accepted with open arms, anything good is taken as a favor. You paid for this game, with or without disclaimer, you paid for it, these forum's attitude must change if we want a finished product before the game dies completely.

I really hate to say it but it finally hit me the unrealistic attachment system in Standalone is a straight rip off COD.

The similarities between these two games when it comes to the attachments is alarming and frankly makes me sad as a long time Bohemia fan.

Both games have universal attachment systems meaning even weapons that could not mount certain optics, bipods or stocks are able to somehow magically mount them.

This can be seen in COD with every optic working on nearly every assault rifle, sniper rifle, smg and pistol in the game, this can be seen in SA with the LRS mounted on the mosin this is despite the lack of a drilled and tapped receiver.

COD and Stand alone both also have accessories that magically make the weapons dispersion smaller or larger.

This is seen in stand alone with magpul parts somehow magically making the gun much more accurate this is despite the fact that in real life adding rails , magpul plastic parts or any other combination of them would do ziltch to increase the accuracy of an ar15.

Sadly Stand alone has borrowed from casual games such as Battlefield and COD when it comes to attachments, the lack of realism in the alpha is saddening especially considering the pedigree of military sims that the game came from. Also one of the biggest factors that made the mod so popular.

couldn't disagree more, but if you're going down that route you may as well say COD/BF were rip offs of CS and CS was a rip off from MOH, not sure if you can read when you loadup the game itself but it says quite clearly the game is not finished.

Honestly I'd just like to see the devs hire or consult with someone who actually knows something about firearms. Mosin ammo wrong, Misplaced scope on the mosin. CQB stock? helping being more maneuverable? Cup and saucer grip with pistols? this is basic stuff that should have been handled early on. I'm a gun guy so it probably bothers me more than most.

I would assume their is already a person at Bohemia that does this already. Rocket was also in the military so he should know.