gibonez

Stand alone attachment system = COD

You know what would be fun?  If you had to go around finding the individual screws or a special Allen wrench to attach scopes to.  And the screws have a chance of just falling off while you're installing them and rolling under the floor boards.  Or is that shit too real for you!?

You sir have my $30.

You know what would be fun?  If you had to go around finding the individual screws or a special Allen wrench to attach scopes to.  And the screws have a chance of just falling off while you're installing them and rolling under the floor boards.  Or is that shit too real for you!?

More depth and complexity = I approve.

of course, let's add more shit into the game and leave the basic mechanics totally flawed.

best formula to make a shitty game.

Alpha = adding features

Beta = polishing what you already have in game

It's just the way it is. We have no way how to judge game until it's in final stages of development, since a lot of stuff can be just a placeholder.

What I would like is, if Devs clearly stated what areas they will work on extensively further down the road.

I would expect gunplay to be one of them surely, same as sound (crappy now) and tons of other stuff.

Alpha = adding features

Beta = polishing what you already have in game

It's just the way it is. We have no way how to judge game until it's in final stages of development, since a lot of stuff can be just a placeholder.

What I would like is, if Devs clearly stated what areas they will work on extensively further down the road.

I would expect gunplay to be one of them surely, same as sound (crappy now) and tons of other stuff.

you have no clue what you're talking about.

Alpha = Fixing the fucking game foundation, making it stable so you can go to the beta, that is when you add features and test them.

When people complained about the lack of patches, fanboys were saying that alpha is for fixing the foundations of the game, now that the dev team gave up on fixing the basic systems, alpha is for adding content. What?

they already proved themselves uncapable of fixing the game's more basic flaws, so they are focusing on adding a shitton of features, most of them they name "placeholders" so the fanboy army will keep playing the game, even if it's shit.

Everything is broken in this game, from zombies, desync, inventory, to gunplay, movimentation, sound and cheating.

Yet they think adding new content will make the game better, well, it wont make the game better, it will only keep the fanboys happy and that's it.

Edited by lipemr

you have no clue what you're talking about.

Weird, mr.Google told me, that beta stage generally begins, when the software is feature complete, which suggest alpha being the phase when features are added?

Anyway from your ramblings it seems obvious, that you are  one of those poor chaps mistaking alpha for finished product.

I suggest you take a break and come back in few months. It might save you some nerves plus you will stop cluttering this forum.

Maybe you and other doomsayers will be proved right in time, but it surely is way too early yet!

Edited by Hombre

I really hate to say it but it finally hit me the unrealistic attachment system in Standalone is a straight rip off COD.

The similarities between these two games when it comes to the attachments is alarming and frankly makes me sad as a long time Bohemia fan.

Both games have universal attachment systems meaning even weapons that could not mount certain optics, bipods or stocks are able to somehow magically mount them.

This can be seen in COD with every optic working on nearly every assault rifle, sniper rifle, smg and pistol in the game, this can be seen in SA with the LRS mounted on the mosin this is despite the lack of a drilled and tapped receiver.

COD and Stand alone both also have accessories that magically make the weapons dispersion smaller or larger.

This is seen in stand alone with magpul parts somehow magically making the gun much more accurate this is despite the fact that in real life adding rails , magpul plastic parts or any other combination of them would do ziltch to increase the accuracy of an ar15.

Sadly Stand alone has borrowed from casual games such as Battlefield and COD when it comes to attachments, the lack of realism in the alpha is saddening especially considering the pedigree of military sims that the game came from. Also one of the biggest factors that made the mod so popular.

Some of your complaints are valid - furniture affecting accuracy, lol - but others, not so much.

Virtually any of these optics with the exception of the russian side-mount stuff should be mountable on virtually anything else.  

Whining about a lack of drilled/tapped holes for rings on the Mosin?   Get out of here.

The problem with this is that magpul vs. stock parts don't make much difference other than a little weight and it renders the gun a bit less cumbersome. It doesn't affect how the user handles the weapon and especially not the handling of the weapon itself. 

i put some magpul parts on my sr556(ruger m-4) and it changed how i handle the firearm. for one thing the stock was a bit longer than the oem collapsible stock, so the rifle fit me better, which made me more accurate with it.

Wow...5 pages later...

I'm just gonna ask for an underbarrel flamethrower and leave it at that. :lol:

Edited by Geckofrog7

Is this serious is this guy for real? Do you even Bohemia brah? Do you even  ARMA 3? Do you not understand that they ripped this off from ARMA 3? You can't really say it is ripping ARMA off because they work together come on. I haven't played the newest COD so did they add the ability to replace my stock butt or sights (no duel sights) of the gun on the fly in the middle of a fire fight? Do my sights get visually damaged and stop working if they are damaged in a firefight? Did they add the ability to have my gun be completely naked with nothing on it? Did they add the ability for my gun to slowly deteriorate over time from use and abuse? In the new cod did they add a weapon cleaning kit that cleans my gun from the use and abuse? The cleaning kit is a definite must have attachment for any gun owner. Can my gun or mags/bullets get damaged in a firefight and I am then no longer able to use said weapon mag or bullets? Am I able to take bullets out of the mags of smallers clips and use them to fill my larger clips? Does the integrity of my weapon and its attachments have an effect on my shots accuracy stability distance and possibly damage. These are some of the things that make up the gun mechanics and attachment mechanics of DayZ & we are not even in beta can't wait to see what else that add that is so like COD.  :rolleyes:

Is this serious is this guy for real? Do you even Bohemia brah? Do you even ARMA 3? Do you not understand that they ripped this off from ARMA 3? You can't really say it is ripping ARMA off because they work together come on. I haven't played the newest COD so did they add the ability to replace my stock butt or sights (no duel sights) of the gun on the fly in the middle of a fire fight? Do my sights get visually damaged and stop working if they are damaged in a firefight? Did they add the ability to have my gun be completely naked with nothing on it? Did they add the ability for my gun to slowly deteriorate over time from use and abuse? In the new cod did they add a weapon cleaning kit that cleans my gun from the use and abuse? The cleaning kit is a definite must have attachment for any gun owner. Can my gun or mags/bullets get damaged in a firefight and I am then no longer able to use said weapon mag or bullets? Am I able to take bullets out of the mags of smallers clips and use them to fill my larger clips? Does the integrity of my weapon and its attachments have an effect on my shots accuracy stability distance and possibly damage. These are some of the things that make up the gun mechanics and attachment mechanics of DayZ & we are not even in beta can't wait to see what else that add that is so like COD. :rolleyes:

I completely agree with you but really some people just love to hate call of duty.

Is this serious is this guy for real? Do you even Bohemia brah? Do you even ARMA 3? Do you not understand that they ripped this off from ARMA 3? You can't really say it is ripping ARMA off because they work together come on. I haven't played the newest COD so did they add the ability to replace my stock butt or sights (no duel sights) of the gun on the fly in the middle of a fire fight? Do my sights get visually damaged and stop working if they are damaged in a firefight? Did they add the ability to have my gun be completely naked with nothing on it? Did they add the ability for my gun to slowly deteriorate over time from use and abuse? In the new cod did they add a weapon cleaning kit that cleans my gun from the use and abuse? The cleaning kit is a definite must have attachment for any gun owner. Can my gun or mags/bullets get damaged in a firefight and I am then no longer able to use said weapon mag or bullets? Am I able to take bullets out of the mags of smallers clips and use them to fill my larger clips? Does the integrity of my weapon and its attachments have an effect on my shots accuracy stability distance and possibly damage. These are some of the things that make up the gun mechanics and attachment mechanics of DayZ & we are not even in beta can't wait to see what else that add that is so like COD. :rolleyes:

Read the op not just the tittle.

I actually like the system

You LIKE the system??? Thats a paddlin' lol

But to me I wouldnt mind the universal attachments sacrifice as the loot spawns arent fully implemented yet. So things may or may not be changed come release.

However, certain things could probably be makeshifted onto a weapon if done properly (as well as properly gets when "makeshifting" something lol)

I agree with OP. Infact I would go so far as to say we should basely have full ACE mechanics in DayZ.

Sprint to long with to much weight in your pack > Slow down, then get dizzy/blurry, and finally pass out.

Long range "sniping" would require at least "guess-timation" of wind speed and range, and firing between gusts.

completely replace the "slot" system in inventory for Weight/volume system like ace.

Total gear weight effects endurance, speed, etc.

I could see a ton of cool stuff coming if they play this to BIS's simulator expertise. this could even become a matter of group tactics. EG. imagine that group A has just raided a city and is laiden with their gear and loot. a bandit clan spots them. rather then wasting precious ammo KOSing unarmed guys, you could easily out-run them and tackle them in hand to hand combat by packing lighter and having speed/endurance on your side.

I agree with OP. Infact I would go so far as to say we should basely have full ACE mechanics in DayZ.

Sprint to long with to much weight in your pack > Slow down, then get dizzy/blurry, and finally pass out.

Long range "sniping" would require at least "guess-timation" of wind speed and range, and firing between gusts.

completely replace the "slot" system in inventory for Weight/volume system like ace.

Total gear weight effects endurance, speed, etc.

I could see a ton of cool stuff coming if they play this to BIS's simulator expertise. this could even become a matter of group tactics. EG. imagine that group A has just raided a city and is laiden with their gear and loot. a bandit clan spots them. rather then wasting precious ammo KOSing unarmed guys, you could easily out-run them and tackle them in hand to hand combat by packing lighter and having speed/endurance on your side.

I could get behind this.

Stamina system could work - Would make people pack light for long trips, or dangerous missions, would force people to walk not sprint everywhere.

ACE ballistics and sniping  - Sniping would require skill now and the sweet complaints from 5 year olds not hitting targets at 400m would be glorious.

Heck the stamina system could result in them adding shamblers and having the zombies still be dangerous even with slow zombies. The zombies would have good stamina meanwhile if you packed heavy you would run out of breath and tire out leaving the horde of slow zombies to eat you.

Read the op not just the tittle.

I did that's why I wrote what I wrote. You said this "Standalone is a straight rip off COD"  then "The similarities between these two games when it comes to the attachments is alarming". Anyone who knows and plays Bohemia games know this is demonstrably false. You then go on a tirade about how it is so unrealistic for attachments to increase my guns stats i.e accuracy/stability. No duh they add this to the game because in real life the gear on my gun and my comfort with the handling of a weapon matter. A stock that is made to griped for stability or is easier to mount on stable surfaces increase my stability and accuracy than if my stock was just a RIS stock. The butt of my gun that has a sniper type set up is better for my accuracy and stability than a CQC butt. Which is made to shorten the gun and allow tight turns in close quarters thus decreasing my stability and accuracy since its not made to be used as a marksman butt. Its a game and in a game you have pure data and statistics and since we can not apply our real life skills into this data we work around that. We do this by having parts of a gun increase it stats to reflect real life skill. I am sure that ACE will be coming to DayZ SA which will make the game a lot more "realistic" we just have to wait and see if they will let us mod the game.

Edited by KaserinSmarte67

I did that's why I wrote what I wrote. You said this "Standalone is a straight rip off COD"  then "The similarities between these two games when it comes to the attachments is alarming". Anyone who knows and plays Bohemia games know this is demonstrably false. You then go on a tirade about how it is so unrealistic for attachments to increase my guns stats i.e accuracy/stability. No duh they add this to the game because in real life the gear on my gun and my comfort with the handling of a weapon matter.

Exactly.

Attachments make the user more accurate with a weapon but they do not change a weapons mechanical accuracy. In dayz it does.

Instead of simulating what you described by changing the behavior or handling of a firearm with the attachment , they instead just reduce the magical cone of fire if you have the right attachment.

This is what I am getting at.

BTw ace will never be on stand alone. Makers of ACE hate dayz.

You know I actually agree, the attachment system in game is a bit COD, after all Ive found multiple machine shops and with a bit of work in any of them I could put any of the attachments on any of the guns. If I couldn't get the machines powered (child's play) I could do the work with just hand power.

Bring on the realism!

Edited by Franchi

No idea, I'm a Battlefield boy...

Same thing.

Battlefield also has a universal attachment system where accessories go on incorrect weapons.

But more importantly both games share an unrealistic accessory system where the accessories you mount on a gun affect the firearms mechanical accuracy among other things .

Like the following bf4 accessories

- Compensator - Reduces recoil good thats realistic but then it also decreases accuracy somehow ? magic maybe.

-Heavy barrel - The rigid barrel reduces weapon dispersion - Potentially fine a rigid stout barrel does increase accuracy - the bad it somehow increases recoil ???

- Suppressors - Reduces sound profile = good , Somehow again increases dispersion - bad

While to be honest I don't care for the unrealistic attachment system in BF4 it is perfectly fine because BF4 like COD is an ultra unrealistic arcade shooter.

Stand alone is not, stand alone is a survival game with a mil sim heritage anything that is not authentic or realistic imo is completely unacceptable.

Stand alone is not, stand alone is a survival game with a mil sim heritage anything that is not authentic or realistic imo is completely unacceptable.

They best get rid of the Zombies then, they should also do away with the one bandage insta-heal.

It's a game, artistic licence is used to make the game enjoyable and playable.  All I ever see is you whinge about stuff.  If you are so unhappy with the game why do you even bother playing it?

• Like 3

They best get rid of the Zombies then, they should also do away with the one bandage insta-heal.

It's a game, artistic licence is used to make the game enjoyable and playable.  All I ever see is you whinge about stuff.  If you are so unhappy with the game why do you even bother playing it?

This is obviously a topic about weapons... He's talking about weapons

Bandages in this game does not insta-heal...

And I don't get what the problem is with zombies. There is nothing unrealistic with people trying to kill you...

I don't see him whining about anything. I see him coming with constructive input which I hope will lead to future improvements in this area.

Maybe he bothers playing the game because he thinks it is a good game, and maybe he bothers with posting here on the forums because he think he has ideas which will improve the game. And I support these ideas.

• Like 1

Topic cleaned. Please stay on topic.

COD is an excellent game on its own genre, I will never understand the massive criticism against it, yeah they made the same game year after year but that doesn't mean the original game sucked.

The attatchment system is just fine how it is now.

COD is an excellent game on its own genre, I will never understand the massive criticism against it, yeah they made the same game year after year but that doesn't mean the original game sucked.

The attatchment system is just fine how it is now.

NO

It is not fine

For reasons described in this thread.

It is not ´´just fine´´. No.