Mullraugh

The Curse of Green Mountain SUGGESTIONS!

Almost like THIS POST HERE: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/179560-the-curse-of-green-mountain/ Except instead of TALKING about Green Mountain, we make SUGGESTIONS on what we want to see done to it (besides removing it from the face of the earth.)

Here's what I would REALLY like to see!

Not only should Green Mountain have a ladder that leads UP, but it should have one that goes DOWN too!

Like this crudely drawn concept image HERE:

1jp06HT.png

As you can see, there'll be multiple floors underneath the mountain. Like a bomb shelter kind of, but instead of canned goods, it will have rows and rows of computers. Picture at least one these rooms about the size of a gymnasium filled with old 70's style computers. Then, as you go deeper, we get some different rooms like a kitchen maybe, and more computers. Then, the very LAST room is the RECORDING ROOM! Where there will be a single microphone in a padded room (spatted with blood everywhere and dead bodies).

OuKjdxH.jpg

This UNLOOTABLE Microphone will allow you to click [Turn ON] and broadcast a message to EVERYONE with a walkie-talkie on ANY channel, AS WELL AS broadcast through the speakers in police stations and fire stations. Talking through it will also add a grainy effect like the mic is badly damaged. You may broadcast for 60 seconds, then the mic will turn off for 1 hour.

eulDIBI.jpg

QW9mqve.jpg

JIaQtvV.jpg

aHqv0wM.jpg

Oh, and did I mention the ENTIRE underground bit will be 100% dark and filled with zombies, blood and dead bodies? You'll need either a flashlight, a weapon light, a head torch, or a portable gas lamp. to be able to see down there. And talking though the microphone should alert some spooks (zombies) around you. The mic should also pick up other noises rather than JUST your voice. Imagine getting a random radio broadcast out of nowhere of these guys screaming for help as gunshot and zombie noises get louder, then suddenly stop and all you can hear is zombies.

Just an Idea that I think will add a bit more excitement and horror to the game, as well as DayZ's first endgame objective!

Maybe we could also have "The Monster of Green Mountain"

LgcjgMl.jpg

Edited by mullraugh
  • Like 19

Its there already waiting to be found.

*insert spooky music*

• Like 3

15 good men went up there looking for it, only 1 came back.

Yesss... I.. I... I've been there... THE HORROR!

• Like 1

you got my beans dude, this would be so awesome.

i REALLY hope this will be implemented.

Oh, and did I mention the ENTIRE underground bit will be 100% dark and filled with zombies, blood and dead bodies? You'll need either a flashlight, a weapon light, a head torch, or a portable gas lamp. to be able to see down there. And talking though the microphone should alert some spooks (zombies) around you. The mic should also pick up other noises rather than JUST your voice. Imagine getting a random radio broadcast out of nowhere of these guys screaming for help as gunshot and zombie noises get louder, then suddenly stop and all you can hear is zombies.

Just an Idea that I think will add a bit more excitement and horror to the game, as well as DayZ's first endgame objective!

Good luck with that when there are zombies noclipping in and out of the floor and walls all the time with a melee system that will only registers hits to everything except the zombies.

• Like 1

hell yes! what game is that screenshot from ?? 

This idea is somewhat along the lines of how nice it would be for a sewer/bunker type complex with no light that most of us have fantasized about sometime during our dayz experiences ^_^ 

Edited by liquidcactus

Almost like THIS POST HERE: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/179560-the-curse-of-green-mountain/ Except instead of TALKING about Green Mountain, we make SUGGESTIONS on what we want to see done to it (besides removing it from the face of the earth.)

Here's what I would REALLY like to see!

Not only should Green Mountain have a ladder that leads UP, but it should have one that goes DOWN too!

As you can see, there'll be multiple floors underneath the mountain. Like a bomb shelter kind of, but instead of canned goods, it will have rows and rows of computers. Picture at least one these rooms about the size of a gymnasium filled with old 70's style computers. Then, as you go deeper, we get some different rooms like a kitchen maybe, and more computers. Then, the very LAST room is the RECORDING ROOM! Where there will be a single microphone in a padded room (spatted with blood everywhere and dead bodies).

This UNLOOTABLE Microphone will allow you to click [Turn ON] and broadcast a message to EVERYONE with a walkie-talkie on ANY channel, AS WELL AS broadcast through the speakers in police stations and fire stations. Talking through it will also add a grainy effect like the mic is badly damaged. You may broadcast for 60 seconds, then the mic will turn off for 1 hour.

Would you stop going on about bloody Green Mountain for three secon--

Hang on, this is kinda cool.

I'd suggest we don't get too far ahead of ourselves though, that mic would have to be powered, and as we know, there is currently no electricity in Chernarus+. If electricity is ever added, Green Mountain would make a very good broadcast station; maybe you could play The Sacred War endlessly to piss off any Ukrainians in the server.

I would support having a guaranteed zombie horde spawn down there in the basement levels, which could make an otherwise defensible area a zombie-filled death trap, because that way we can keep it a secret like Dwarf Fortress's [spoiler ALERT] area and new players will never know what hit them.

"The monster of Green Mountain" would best be practically implemented as an elusive monster you only catch glimpses of which can do a spring-cat scare at you in the dark and murder you, with increased frequency as you go deeper, by creeping up on you from outside your field of vision; it screams just before it's about to kill you, doing so by sneaking up from behind, and you can avoid it by sprinting away exactly after you hear the scream, or you will die instantly. Getting to the bottom of Green Mountain without fear of the abomination and making it out alive would give you bragging rights. Probably not gonna happen though, this is a zombie apocalypse game rather than a creepypasta simulator.

• Like 1

Nonsense! Nonsense! Quit talking about that place!

Seriously, there's nothing there.

Regaedless, I would LOVE to.see this.

One other thing, how about a sort of "haunting" in certain places? Like the shipwreck and buscrash and other areas, you hear maybe crying or a death scream. Maybe a glimpse of a shadowy figure amidst the pile of bodies at the bus, or a shadow staring back at tou from the highrises. Maybe a .5 second clip of the screams of the passengers from the plane in Cherno?

It would all be random, never guaranteed. Just to add to the lore :p

hell yes! what game is that screenshot from ?? 

This idea is somewhat along the lines of how nice it would be for a sewer/bunker type complex with no light that most of us have fantasized about sometime during our dayz experiences ^_^

The screenshot is from "Damned". A creepy game that my friends and I bought the first day it came out... Most of them haven't played it since, but I like it.

Regaedless, I would LOVE to.see this.

One other thing, how about a sort of "haunting" in certain places? Like the shipwreck and buscrash and other areas, you hear maybe crying or a death scream. Maybe a glimpse of a shadowy figure amidst the pile of bodies at the bus, or a shadow staring back at tou from the highrises. Maybe a .5 second clip of the screams of the passengers from the plane in Cherno?

It would all be random, never guaranteed. Just to add to the lore :P

Almost EXACTLY what I was thinking. I would love this creepy figure to start chasing you, after you hear a blood curdling scream. Or maybe a jump scare... Something that would be very rare, and make you want to avoid certain places, even though they have amazing loot... :thumbsup:

Edited by SomeCallMeNomad

There will never be anything they will do in the way of making scripted events in regards to the scary immersion stuff... its been spoken about in separate threads but apparently as most would know the rocket doesnt want scripted bits at all but apparently he's leaving in a year so who knows..( i dont see why not they could be treated as easter eggs and litterally you have to play 200 hrs just to see these easter eggs "once")

But having said that secret bunkers and underground bits and bobs would more than suffice anyhoo

i think that the whole server would get game of thrones spoilers

• Like 1

I would support having a guaranteed zombie horde spawn down there in the basement levels, which could make an otherwise defensible area a zombie-filled death trap, because that way we can keep it a secret like Dwarf Fortress's [spoiler ALERT] area and new players will never know what hit them.

You get my beans for the mention of clowns. 

It would be awesome if we had a chance to visit the circus here in DayZ as well.  Minus the candy of course. 

On topic:  Perhaps there could be also military areas of it, and have it be a government bunker?  Like wherever the president/primminister/whateverkindaleader Chernarus had would have been moved to green mountain for safety, just to have the zombie virus spread to everyone in that government bunker?  So perhaps in order to turn on the mic you would first need to reactivate the bunker's generators?  (like you'd find an extra gas container or something in one part of the bunker, then move down to the generator room, and hook it up, and then you could use that microphone.  WIth all the zombies in between.)  And after the power was back on, you could open up the door to another part of the bunker as well, in which there would be even more zombies? 

Just for a risk vs reward bit and all.  Make it a challenge for a group or clan to work together to try to clear the place of zombies, turn the power on and broadcast, and then loot the supplies in the facility?  If it were a bunker, obviously there would be food for years for a good number of people, all of which would now be zombies. 

So it would be an awesome end-game type thing. 

thanks, im never going near green mountain again 0_o

thats off the charts on the creep-o-meter.

(the broadcast idea is genius. i hope the devs put this in, (maybe for a halloween weekend event or something.)

Fraggle was last seen on green mountain.......

Where did Fraggle go, I havent seen him and I was gone for a long while. Whered my red bandanna wearing can of ninja beans go?

A little off topic, but it would be awesome to make a random section of woods trap someone by looping on itself, then it could lead them to an old house and...wait, that's the plot from blair witch.

1+ now there is a point why dayz is "horror" survival simulator