Sign in to follow this  
RoterBallon

Sneaky server update! (confirmed)

What is confirmed and by who? Can you expand on your post rather than just posting two external links?

• Like 2

mmm the Arch House was always spawning stuff in the hall, that hasnt changed.

What is confirmed and by who? Can you expand on your post rather than just posting two external links?

Agreed, where is the confirmation? we arent seeing actual loot in those building pictures, just the buildings.

mmm the Arch House was always spawning stuff in the hall, that hasnt changed.

Agreed, where is the confirmation? we arent seeing actual loot in those building pictures, just the buildings.

Confirmation by a lot of players. Might have wrote it wrong. 

But: loot spawns seem to be fixed now.

okay,

I am definitivly confused now -.- gonna run to NWAF now to test it for sure.

So I was looting the NWAF, when I noticed another person looting the tent area through my LRS. At first I thought he was new to the game and didn't know that those spawns are turned off.  After he left, I went to loot the leftovers and noticed that loot was spawning in the tents, the pallet-floor tents, and the medic tents too! Can anyone confirm that these loot spawns are re-enabled?

from posts i have been reading all day on here and reddit , it appears that not only the tents but alot of other buildings are spawning loot that didnt before or had stopped

• Like 2

Wasn't @ NWAF, went to stary/novy real quick.

Got flooded with loot - loot everywhere.. Cars/buildings that didn't spawn loot before spawn loot now. 

Were 2 DayZ DE servers. Think it was 1-65 and 1-63

Edited by RoterBallon
  • Like 1

So I was looting the NWAF, when I noticed another person looting the tent area through my LRS. At first I thought he was new to the game and didn't know that those spawns are turned off.  After he left, I went to loot the leftovers and noticed that loot was spawning in the tents, the pallet-floor tents, and the medic tents too! Can anyone confirm that these loot spawns are re-enabled?

Merging

Good... Good...

Good_Good.gif

Hopefully that one house w/ attic actually spawns loot in the attic.

• Like 3

So from what I understand, items are now being back in the buildings, tents, cars, and such.

Are they respawning as well? Or its just items are now actually showing up on server reset that didnt before?

It would be nicer once items are respawning as well if they are not... Seems theres a quite amount of people who jump to the server whos time looks as if the server just reseted, loot the fresh server, and then they are gone.

Edited by cels

So from what I understand, items are now being back in the buildings, tents, cars, and such.

Are they respawning as well? Or its just items are now actually showing up on server reset that didnt before?

It would be nicer once items are respawning as well if they are not... Seems theres a quite amount of people who jump to the server whos time looks as if the server just reseted, loot the fresh server, and then they are gone.

Just some spawns are fixed, no respawn yet

• Like 2

Well, if this is true I'm very happy, sneaky or not.

I can confirm that it's true. Was on a stable hardcore server last night looting Balota tent village. My buddy opened this thread on reddit after. The char on picture no.3 is me picking up my 2nd pristine LRS.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/22djrq/psa_the_balota_tent_village_seems_to_be_spawning/

We couldn't believe it..it felt like Christmas.. lots of other buildings and sheds are spawning loot again now too..cars etc.

All this sounds good to me. Might check it out myself.

So I'm assuming this is on stable? They were messing around with this fix a week or so ago on experimental.

It's about time they started fixing this, I'm not surprised they kept it quiet considering.

If anything it will make exploring more robust anyways. I missed that from the beginning of the alpha lol.

I just had a quick go, it's much better now. I only found one log cabin that spawned anything but it's an improvement, it's also worth noting those blue trailer van things spawn loot around/under them now, and the green houses with the porch spawn loot upstairs again (including in the rooms).

Found two ACOGs, an M68 CCO, five mags of 5.56, two suppressors, three FNXs, and an Amphibia S in the tents north of NWAF.

/sigh

As awesome as the fixed loot spawning is, I hope it won't lead to a overflow...

Just some spawns are fixed, no respawn yet

Ah cool, thank you!

Who wants to bet there's a character wipe coming up wherein they add loot respawn and make things like: axes, M4, mosins, and weapon attachments very, very rare. To me at least that would be the way to go. Let people have their fun with all the new loot locations, collect everything to become the ultimate badass, and the BAM! Remind people this is DayZ, not COD.

I mean I'm all for more exploration, but not instant gratification. I mean hopefully they'll eventually have enough item diversity that you can always find something interesting in places, even if its not "teh leet military gears!!!!"

Personally what I'd like to see is a degree of randomness to it, like... Maybe one or two military grade weapons per military base, fire stations for fire axes and protective gear, police stations for basic low power pistols, and maybe a shotgun. The catch however, would be that there's always a very small chance that say... The police had some contraband weapons, or there's a vest or assault rifle. For military it'd be stuff like heavy artillery, LMG, helicopter parts, and there'd always be a very small chance of houses having their personal hunting rifle or pistol. Something to make the world seem more alive like:

" okay, so the guy in this house must have been a hunter"

" oh wow, I can't believe this rifle wasn't looted from the PD when things first hit the fan"

"Looks like this helicopter was transporting an infected and it must have attacked them mid flight."

I mean right now there's just so much high quality gear just all over that it feels very gamey; when finally finding that epic loot should feel like an experience worthy of a grand story... Not just: "Oh look! ANOTHER infrared scoped SVD rifle."

Edited by Phoenix777
  • Like 7

Since when is this in effect? I haven't seen anything in the tents.

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone

checked the tents on 4 different severs just right now in the NWAF, didnt find a thing in any of them...

• Like 1