gotr1ght

Dayz feels like..

...it was crowfunded on kickstarter for 10,000$. There,i said it..

Alpha or not,they should have invested more in graphics/animations etc.

Edited by gotr1ght

...it was crowfunded on kickstarter for 10,000$..There,i said it..

Alpha or not,they should invested more in graphics/animations etc.

Graphics and animations don't provide anything to the gameplay, which is where DayZ most feels like a kickstarter project.

• Like 4

Graphics and animations don't provide anything to the gameplay

Well then let's all just play project zomboid

Edited by gotr1ght

Are you kidding me? The Take On Heli engine is one of the most advanced engines out there, granted it's not great with animations. 

Are you kidding me? The Take On Heli engine is one of the most advanced engines out there, granted it's not great with animations. 

Define "advanced". In what areas? For helicopters, maybe.

Define "advanced". In what areas? For helicopters, maybe.

He was talking about Graphics, in which is why I replied like that. TOH engine has WAY better graphics than Unity, UE3, CE 3, and although UE4 is probably better. Also, you can do a whole lot more with it than the mentioned engines.

Who cares about pretty graphics when there isnt anything to do in the game.

Ultima Online circa 1997-2001 had some of the best content of any game ever made and it was a 2d.  To this day it is my all time fav online game experience

Eve Online is basically a floating ship in space and most of the time you are using a tactical overlay with red boxes for enemies yet the experience is so in-depth  that economists have done studies on it because the player economy is so awesome 

There is more to games than amazing graphics and animation

Unfortunately DayZ SA has neither amazing graphics nor any content to speak of, so there's that 

• Like 2

He was talking about Graphics, in which is why I replied like that. TOH engine has WAY better graphics than Unity, UE3, CE 3, and although UE4 is probably better. Also, you can do a whole lot more with it than the mentioned engines.

I've included some pictures* so you can understand. I also find it hard to believe "you can do more" with an engine that's not licensed. I can download UE4 or CE3 and get to work today. Take a look at DayZ's code if you get a chance (you can get into the .pbos with Eliteness and decompile with unRap). It's the same stuff that goes into TOH, and it's all kind of dated. Here the DayZ team mentions how cool it is that they've added an emissive shader. Such advanced, much glow.

*I've not included any pictures from Unity because it's really up to the developer to make their own shaders to get things looking nice and they rarely do. The DX11 is nice, though, and we'll see how their universal shader does when Unity 5 drops.

tkoh_screenshot_12.jpg

Hawken-Public-Beta-Download-Screenshot-1

unreal_engine_4_samaritan.jpg

cry-engine-3-6.jpg

• Like 1

TOH engine has WAY better graphics than Unity, UE3, CE 3

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not even a little bit. Engine isn't good because of the graphics. The graphics are horrible in this game and look like it was made 10 years ago. The only thing this engine has going for it is the massive open world maps it can handle with far view distance.

Edited by Weedz

Never.

Thats another trolling post. What is your point? What is not good in your opinion about the graphics or animations? You do realise nothing is final at this point?

As it is now, this topic is rather bland. Perhaps you should elaborate upon why you think said things?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not even a little bit. Engine isn't good because of the graphics. The graphics are horrible in this game and look like it was made 10 years ago. The only thing this engine has going for it is the massive open world maps it can handle with far view distance.

Wish i was playing games that looked this good ten years ago ;)  Far Cry, Half life 2, Fear,  Brothers in Arms, Battlefield 2, il2, Colin McCrae Rally, Splinter Cell 3..etc. None of them come close to what the games look like these dayz .

• Like 1

Wish i was playing games that looked this good ten years ago ;)  Far Cry, Half life 2, Fear,  Brothers in Arms, Battlefield 2, il2, Colin McCrae Rally, Splinter Cell 3..etc. None of them come close to what the games look like these dayz .

Do any of those games feature 250 sq km maps?

Who cares what the graphics look like if the devs can't crack the very difficult AI problem of having zombies wander aimlessly until they detect a player, and then charge straight at them without passing through other objects?

Do any of those games feature 250 sq km maps?

Does that matter when we were replying to someone claiming this game has better graphics than any other game ever made?

I've included some pictures* so you can understand. I also find it hard to believe "you can do more" with an engine that's not licensed. I can download UE4 or CE3 and get to work today. Take a look at DayZ's code if you get a chance (you can get into the .pbos with Eliteness and decompile with unRap). It's the same stuff that goes into TOH, and it's all kind of dated. Here the DayZ team mentions how cool it is that they've added an emissive shader. Such advanced, much glow.

*I've not included any pictures from Unity because it's really up to the developer to make their own shaders to get things looking nice and they rarely do. The DX11 is nice, though, and we'll see how their universal shader does when Unity 5 drops.

tkoh_screenshot_12.jpg

Hawken-Public-Beta-Download-Screenshot-1

unreal_engine_4_samaritan.jpg

cry-engine-3-6.jpg

Good pictures of the other competition. 

You either need to travel back in time or google games that came out in 2004, so you can understand.

Never.

Ok

Does that matter when we were replying to someone claiming this game has better graphics than any other game ever made?

When did I say this? LOL *Facepalm*

Hello there

Whilst I like criticism this is not constructive and more a toned down rant. Try to make a point in your future posts.

Closing

Rgds

LoK