Jex

What do you think full modding support will do to DayZ

When Skyrim turns into a multiplayer game and then all the servers run "Start at level 100, bests swords and armour and free dragon" then see how much you like it.

Your under the impression I'd even bother playing with those kits.

So, no, people will not do as they will.  It's a good thing

I'm curious if that applies to private servers or only public hive servers? It will pretty heavily restrict mod development if it applies to private servers as well. Just as the current SA team needs to mess around with spawn rates to test features, so will mod developers.

Not to mention, changes in spawn dynamics may be entirely necessary for particular mods. If new items are added into the game, how do you set them to spawn? If items are modified towards another use, how do you tweak their spawn rate appropriately?

I'm curious if that applies to private servers or only public hive servers? It will pretty heavily restrict mod development if it applies to private servers as well. Just as the current SA team needs to mess around with spawn rates to test features, so will mod developers.

Not to mention, changes in spawn dynamics may be entirely necessary for particular mods. If new items are added into the game, how do you set them to spawn? If items are modified towards another use, how do you tweak their spawn rate appropriately?

im pretty sure that will only be for public servers. private servers seem to have a lot more freedom.

look at those ! then you wonder why Dayz SA is still just plodding along. while SA is trying to catch up the mods above have done and going on way beyond what we waiting for. its just a catch up 24/7 which standaline isnt catching up.

Its like making a card game after someone already invented the deck.  They are built upon systems which had +5 years of production.

DayZ has made great progress.  We only get to see the first couple cards.  The tip of the iceberg if you will.

The problem if anything, the Devs need to stop running 2 stable bullds.  Even if something is extremely broken, toss it into experimental.  This way players have the option of seeing progress even if its bugs are gamebreaking.

Edited by Gorvi

i want full modding support and feel it will prolong the shelf life of dayz.

also, i have a lot to add and remove so the vanilla SA will be playable to my tastes.