Publik

Hunting Scope on M4

YUvodqO.png

I even did this part for you.

weapon_optics/DZ/weapons/attachments/optics/cfgVehicles.cpp:

class Attachment_Optic_Longrange : AttachmentBase {

scope = public;
        displayName = "Long Range Scope";
        descriptionShort = "Rifle scope with variable zoom. Factory default zeroed to 200m and manually adjustable to 800m.";
        inventorySlot = "weaponOpticsLongRange";

weapons_firearms/DZ/weapons/firearms/mosin9130/cfgWeapons.hpp:

attachments[] = {"weaponMuzzleMosin", "weaponBayonetMosin", "weaponOpticsLongRange", "weaponBipod"};

weapons_firearms/DZ/weapons/firearms/M4/cfgWeapons.hpp:

attachments[] = {"weaponMuzzle", "weaponBayonet", "weaponFlashlight", "weaponBipod", "weaponOptics", "weaponOpticsLongRange", "weaponButtstockM4", "WeaponHandguardM4"};

"weaponOpticsLongRange" could be simplified to "weaponOpticsRIS" and you could just allow the use of any RIS attachment on any RIS rail.

Also of note is that the LRS mentions the Ruger 10/22, so we may be seeing it as an attachment soon.

Edited by Publik
  • Like 4

You can notice that underneath the LRS there is a rectangular prism unlike the m4 and why the hell would you need a LRS on m4 anyway?

• Like 4

why the hell would you need a LRS on m4 anyway?

Coding is easy but the meshes would need to be fixed and the textures altered so they fit together right and this thread kinda reminds me of my little sister asking why playdo and lego dont fit together.

(Cause there not made for eachother)

Edited by spartan54820
  • Like 1

Coding is easy but the meshes would need to be fixed and the textures altered so they fit together right and this thread kinda reminds me of my little sister asking why playdo and lego dont fit together.

Textures are done. Model just needs to be positioned.

You can notice that underneath the LRS there is a rectangular prism unlike the m4

You can also note the little nuts that hold the scope onto that little piece of metal.

why the hell would you need a LRS on m4 anyway?

Same reason we can drink bleach, I suppose. Also, maybe for shooting things? Maybe the same reason there are references in code for it to be attached to the Ruger?

Hidden text.

I gotta say, I expected more of you. Good ol community support.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 1

Reuger is a hunting rifle, so therefore you want a hunting scope, m4 is a military close-mid engadgements rifle, not long range as the scope is for, the LRS is a hunting scope designed for hunting rifles not military aussault rifles

Reuger is a hunting rifle, so therefore you want a hunting scope, m4 is a military close-mid engadgements rifle, not long range as the scope is for, the LRS is a hunting scope designed for hunting rifles not military aussault rifles

The Ruger isn't going to reach out to 800m either. If the scope fits, why not?

TY Inception.

Edited by Publik

You can notice that underneath the LRS there is a rectangular prism unlike the m4 and why the hell would you need a LRS on m4 anyway?

And if you notice, that "rectangular prism" is a detachable rail system. Take that rail system off and you have the exact same mount as the RDS or COMP sight for the M4.

And why put a LRS on a M4? Dean said he'd like to add more factors to guns such as barrels. With us soon being able to attach longer (or shorter) barrels in the near future, the LRS could be a big factor to the M4.

Edited by Shadow134

id use it, what's easier, hunting single shot with an accurate lrs on an m4 or constantly swapping weapons to shoot rabbits, id prefare to carry 2 scopes than 2 rifles

You people think you know it all about the m4, but yet haven't carried one around for 5 years, great idea i would love to be able to use the lrs on the m4, just need to get the m4 to semi and boom. Those who think the 22lr is a hunting rifle, you must like eating small rabbits, squirrels and ground hogs.

Edited by Thorison

You people think you know it all about the m4, but yet haven't carried one around for 5 years, great idea i would love to be able to use the lrs on the m4, just need to get the m4 to semi and boom. Those who think the 22lr is a hunting rifle, you must like eating small rabbits, squirrels and ground hogs.

Currently with the right parts the M4 is a nice rifle, though it ought to be that way regardless. Was hitting a sign at something like 200-300m with very high accuracy when I actually got the crosshair lined up.

and if you wanna get tech, the in game version is an m4a1, should have S/1/F. The Standard m4 should be S/1/3. that's SAFETY/Semi-auto/Full-auto for the m4a1 and Safety/Semi auto/3-Round burst for the M4. but you know all this already right because you have played so many video games, effective target range is 500m, area target of 600m, so you give me a hubble sight x42 or whatever, i am drilling targets @ ranges of 300-400m.

Edited by Thorison

Because everybody think adding a scope to everything that shoots makes you a 1337 sniper who can hit everything even if the weapon doesn't have the accuracy over that range.

You have to be afraid when i get me one of these in game...this thing has at least 500m range...when you aim at a 89° angle with wind from the back.

330.jpg

Edited by Enforcer

Reuger is a hunting rifle, so therefore you want a hunting scope, m4 is a military close-mid engadgements rifle, not long range as the scope is for

So you're fine with putting it on a .22 LR, but not with putting it on a 5.56 because 5.56 lacks range? Okaaay then...

LRS on the Blaze!

x-all-the-things-template.png                  offtopic.jpg

Sry, but this had to be.

Even if we could fit the LRS on the M4, it wouldn't be really useful, I think.

B95 and Ruger are hunting rifles.

IMO, they should be able to equip the LRS.

As far as I know, the mosin's rail must be modified to use the LTS, actually.

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

how about they add a AR10 (because it my fave) then we can add a LRS and shit can get interesting...... 

I gotta say, I expected more of you. Good ol community support.

My opinions are my own, whilst they are not intended to off put you from dreaming, they do not like the idea.

My opinions are my own, whilst they are not intended to off put you from dreaming, they do not like the idea.

Seems 50/50 to me and still doesn't give you an excuse to be an ass. I wasn't aware that it was acceptable for community support to act like that. Make a second account if you want to mingle.

LRS on the Blaze!

As far as I know, the mosin's rail must be modified to use the LTS, actually.

I'd be fine with that as well.

The block attached to the mounting rings on the LRS is the mosin's rail adapter. Pic related but not the same one I don't think.

MNTMOI03ongun-B.jpg