Sign in to follow this  
raynor009

DayZ makes me feel sick

Ok this is not a hate topic about DayZ or anything like that. Its just that after an hour of playing I start feeling sick like wanting to throw up and dizzy. I have only experienced this issue while playing Dead Island. Does anyone else have this problem? I tried turning headbob off and adjusting FOV but it didn't help much. Any tips on how to overcome this?

Edited by raynor009

Ok this is not a hate topic about DayZ or anything like that. Its just that after an hour of playing I start feeling sick like wanting to throw up and dizzy. I have only experienced this issue while playing Dead Island. Does anyone else have this problem?

It's probably the head bob. You can change it a little but it'll never go away completely.

Did you eat any rotten kiwis today? I thought i told you not to, and no disinfectant to drink either! Now take these charcoal tabs :P

• Like 1

Turn off head bob and motion blur, adjust your FOV and all that sorta shit.

Did you eat any rotten kiwis today? I thought i told you not to, and no disinfectant to drink either! Now take these charcoal tabs :P

I don't even like Kiwi :(

Turn off post-processing effect to get rid of motion blurr, that may help.

I have the same thing, however, it's caused by me due to the so called "rollercoaster" effect. I can't play this game in first person. I had this ever since Wolfenstein (yea, the ms-dos version still) and there are other games that make me naucious whenever I play it. I switched over to 3rd person and I dont seem to experience it. Maybe that helps. Switch between first and 3rd person. 

I have the same thing, however, it's caused by me due to the so called "rollercoaster" effect. I can't play this game in first person. I had this ever since Wolfenstein (yea, the ms-dos version still) and there are other games that make me naucious whenever I play it. I switched over to 3rd person and I dont seem to experience it. Maybe that helps. Switch between first and 3rd person. 

FOV?

What kind of monitor do you have? What is the distance between the screen and your eyes?

What is the distance between the screen and your eyes?

3 mm

• Like 1

I would reccomend turning off post processing and only using 1st person for aiming.

Ok this is not a hate topic about DayZ or anything like that. Its just that after an hour of playing I start feeling sick like wanting to throw up and dizzy. I have only experienced this issue while playing Dead Island. Does anyone else have this problem? I tried turning headbob off and adjusting FOV but it didn't help much. Any tips on how to overcome this?

Only when playing DayZ and Dead Island?

I think the diagnosis is quite obvious, then. You're allergic to zombies.

Turn off blur. It will hurt your eyes since it can hurt your brain. It help me a lot so it might help you

play in 3rd person... it greatly helps..

basicly Arma3/Dayz sucks in 1st person..it really has a odd sensation that leads to making u feel barfy...

I thought I was the only one!!!  One day I got really, really dizzy and sick from playing.   I think it was because I was in third person while running around fast.

Try slowing down or don't use 3rd person.

3PP games definitely help. My wife gets sick just watching me play any 1PP game for more than a couple minutes. Motion sickness sucks - glad I don't suffer from it!

Sometimes, the tension when playing DayZ is so damn high, my heart goes apeshit. Might be a general medical problem that causes you to fell sick... You mentioned you did experience same when playing Dead Island.

My wife gets sick just watching me play any 1PP game for more than a couple minutes. Motion sickness sucks - glad I don't suffer from it!

I noticed same with my girlfriend, she can't watch me play even when I go 1337 :D

• Like 1

Motion sickness, you need something to tell your mind that feeling like your really not moving. I can't watch minecraft videos actually...

• Like 1

I turned off motion blur and bloom and I also lowered the gamma and brightness and I feel a lot better now. It seems like bright and shiny things make me sick.

Yay! For not ever having to experience motion sickness! Hurrah! Hurrah!