Sign in to follow this  
franzuu

Change how the prone, crouch and stand keys work.

Every game that I can think of has done crouching and proning differently.

Press crouch while prone you go crouched. 

Press crouch while crouched you stand up.

Press crouch while standing you go crouched.

Press prone while prone you go standing.

Press prone while crouched you go prone.

Press prone while standing you go prone.

Why does DayZ need a stand key? Why can't I change stances like I've been doing it for the past 14 years? At least have the option to change between the 2 modes. This way I can have an extra key and play more comfortably, how I'm used to. I can't think of a reason why there needs to be a separate stand key.

Maybe I'm the only one who has trouble with this.

• Like 1

Thats because it's not a jump and run/shoot game. You'll get used to it...i wonder how us OFP/ArmA players were able to survive the game...i've seen complaints about this and that in the DayZ forums only...

• Like 1

Just get used to it... It's no problem once you've played more than 10 hours.

You can do this in DayZ if you want. I've keys like you said but I'm not home until weekend so I can't say the exact config

I think you loose flexibility if you have them as a toggle. Especially because of how long the animations take to play out, you want to enter the right stance. I believe if you re-bind to have it the way you want you will have to execute each animation seperatly. Ie to go prone from standing. Animate to kneel>kneel>animate to prone> prone. Where as if you hit "go prone" you go from standing>transition>prone, and it takes a third less time...

I think you loose flexibility if you have them as a toggle. Especially because of how long the animations take to play out, you want to enter the right stance. I believe if you re-bind to have it the way you want you will have to execute each animation seperatly. Ie to go prone from standing. Animate to kneel>kneel>animate to prone> prone. Where as if you hit "go prone" you go from standing>transition>prone, and it takes a third less time...

There's no speed difference compared to the default one. I use only Z and X keys for all three stances without problems and I can go straight from prone to stand and stand to prone.

• Like 3

There's no speed difference compared to the default one. I use only Z and X keys for all three stances without problems and I can go straight from prone to stand and stand to prone.

Could you tell me the settings to achieve this? 

Adapt? There is no reason for this to be the way it is. Its inefficient.

I can tell in 3h when I'm home.

OK my keys are like this

qV1INQE.jpg

And in your profile .cfg file those are keyMoveUp[]={45}; and keyMoveDown[]={44};

Remove Stand Up, Crouch and Prone keys and use Up and Go prone keys only.

Maybe not quite related with OP, but I would love when crouching and hitting "sprint" key to automatically stand up to sprint, and once halted to return to crouch position.

Couldn't agree more. You need to have the option from going standing to lying down immediately, visa versa  

took me a while playing arma 2 before i got the controls cuz i was so used to battlefield, but now i like the controls a lot, i think they suit that game and this one