Sign in to follow this  
franzuu

Fix for the Mosin and all other future bolt action rifles.

Right now the issue with the Mosin is that it is hard to spot your hits. As soon as you fire you work the bolt and jerk your gun around, making it hard to see what happened. 

I have 2 fixes for this but I don't see why all of them can't be implemented and hav them be toggleable. 

1. On pressing Mouse 1 you fire, on Mouse 1 release you work the bolt.

2. First Mouse 1 click you fire, 2nd Mouse 1 click you work the bolt.

The third toggleable option would be how it is now. You fire and work the bolt with just a click.

I feel that this is the best solution, makes using the weapons more involved too. Any feedback?

• Like 20

Great idea,I would rather work the bolt to re-load myself rather than using this auto-load we have right now ;)

I like it a lot. If only because it means I would randomly have forgotten to rechamber a round when I took a shot of opportunity. GAhhh...

It's also funny how you load 5 rounds, close the bolt, and then somehow cycle out an empty round.

• Like 1

Good idea. Making it a toggleable option will give people the choice wether they want or don't want it.

• Like 1

They have a similar style in Red Orchestra I think and also, can they add in the animation of your hand cycling the bolt. Movement gives you away, even an arm moving but right now the bolt has your pet ghost doing it for you.

• Like 3

I rather they "fix" the mosin by giving it the proper accuracy values + not allowing the mounting of optics.

Mosin should be a bolt action iron sighted weapon. Mounting optics on that gun is such a pain in the ass that its not worth it.

Hopefully when they add more modern bolt action rifles.

• Like 1

I rather they "fix" the mosin by giving it the proper accuracy values + not allowing the mounting of optics.

Amen about the accuracy, although "standard" PU scope and mount should of course be allowed.  I'd also suggest they add a longer range PU mount 1 inch scope that falls somewhere inbetween the LRS and PU magnification.  Here are some examples.

foto0900.jpg

30-courtesy-ww2incolor.com_.jpeg

9964677_1.jpg?v=8CD49571366E200

Edited by taco86

we need this in the game

• Like 2

Amen about the accuracy, although "standard" PU scope and mount should of course be allowed.  I'd also suggest they add a longer range PU mount 1 inch scope that falls somewhere inbetween the LRS and PU magnification.  Here are some examples.

foto0900.jpg

30-courtesy-ww2incolor.com_.jpeg

9964677_1.jpg?v=8CD49571366E200

As long as the accesories are authentic I don't mind.

But seeing a 2k + dollar scope on a 90 dollar mosin is annoying.

Especially when its not easily mountable.

• Like 1

As long as the accesories are authentic I don't mind.

But seeing a 2k + dollar scope on a 90 dollar mosin is annoying.

Especially when its not easily mountable.

Oh please please please show me where i can get a $90 Mosin

Edited by AnyoneInCherno?
  • Like 1

Oh please please please show me where i can get a $90 Mosin

They went up in price ?

• Like 1

Know what I'd really like? Manual bolt control. Fire with Mouse 0, then once it's been fired hold Mouse 0, move your mouse up to rotate the bolt up, pull down to pull the bolt back, mouse up to push the bolt back in and chamber another round, mouse down to rotate the bolt back, release Mouse 0, press Mouse 0 to fire again. That, different zeroing settings per scope (MOA), windage, and I'd be a happier sniper.

For me reloading is not the problem with seeing my hits. Recoil is so strong, even with compensator and bipod + prone position the gun just moves up so much and then waves around like crazy that it's impossible for me to see my hits.

PS: On one of my Fraps recordings I had to play a sniper scene frame by frame to check if there was a hit on a player, and it was in the lower left corner of the screen... a bit more recoil and I couldnt see it at all.

Edited by Sleezy
  • Like 1

Where are you? In America they run around $150-180

Rarely below that

WTF last I checked they were 95- 100 dollars , 90 dollars when cabelas has a sale.

I hate to think what an m44 cost then. Those were like 200.

Is the ammo still cheap  ?

WTF last I checked they were 95- 100 dollars , 90 dollars when cabelas has a sale.

I hate to think what an m44 cost then. Those were like 200.

Is the ammo still cheap  ?

Ammo's starting to hike up a little. $90 for the 440 round spam can? Nooooope $135 most places or higher. howeeeeveeer....http://wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000376&dir=18|830|853  shhhhh dont tell, it might get bought out if we're too loud

For me reloading is not the problem with seeing my hits. Recoil is so strong, even with compensator and bipod + prone position the gun just moves up so much and then waves around like crazy that it's impossible for me to see my hits.

PS: On one of my Fraps recordings I had to play a sniper scene frame by frame to check if there was a hit on a player, and it was in the lower left corner of the screen... a bit more recoil and I couldnt see it at all.

In real life snipers have spotters because the recoil is strong and will hinder you spotting your hits. Though if you are prone with bipod deployed the recoil should settle instantly. No swaying or other nonsense.

Right now the issue with the Mosin is that it is hard to spot your hits. As soon as you fire you work the bolt and jerk your gun around, making it hard to see what happened. 

I have 2 fixes for this but I don't see why all of them can't be implemented and hav them be toggleable. 

2. First Mouse 1 click you fire, 2nd Mouse 1 click you work the bolt.

The third toggleable option would be how it is now. You fire and work the bolt with just a click.

I feel that this is the best solution, makes using the weapons more involved too. Any feedback?

first variant ok

second shit.

In real life snipers have spotters because the recoil is strong and will hinder you spotting your hits. Though if you are prone with bipod deployed the recoil should settle instantly. No swaying or other nonsense.

Makes a decent case for having a buddy with you to spot your shots for you doesn't it? Would be an immediate & realistic solution. 

Sound ideas though with the mouse.

Makes a decent case for having a buddy with you to spot your shots for you doesn't it? Would be an immediate & realistic solution. 

Sound ideas though with the mouse.

If spotter then binocculars... right?

I like this idea, as an additional point thou if the weapon is pristine the bolt action is smooth. The more the weapon is used and any damage the action becomes less smooth and might get jammed (i.e. need oiling or something similar I am not a gun expert). Also now we have rain, the weapon is exposed to the elments all the time so it needs regular maintenance. 

I think it would be cool, when you shoot say you missed and your char struggles to pull the the bolt back to feed the next round in as a zombie is charging your face or indeed an axe wielding maniac (you know who u are!!!)

If spotter then binocculars... right?

Aye ! Look forward to the day they add binocs back to the loot table... Until then a buddy with a scoped weapon also is a good substitute. Can take it in turns spotting/shooting ;)