Grimey Rick

EDITED: Are you happy with CURRENT zombie implementation?

195 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with the current implementation of zombies?

• Yes.
    • No.

I'm really curious about something. You're wanting to do this PVP thing in this game, that's fine. But how annoying is it going to be when they've at least doubled the amount of zombies, they actually run up stairs to you, maybe open/break down doors, hear your shots from outside of towns/cities and spawn outside of town and run to you and their attacking AI is far more accurate and precise? It sounds like what you want is PVP without zombie interference in a zombie appoc game. I don't believe you're paradigm of this game is accurate. If you want to do straight up clan PVP fights you'll need to find a different game or do it in the wilderness or smaller more remote towns.

I'm going to type this all in caps so that maybe you and anyone else who doesn't quite understand the point I've been attempting to drive home:

WE WANT MORE ZOMBIES. WE WANT THEM TO POSE A THREAT. WE WANT EVERYTHING YOU PEOPLE SEEM TO WANT, WE JUST DON'T LIKE HOW THEY WERE LAZILY IMPLEMENTED LAST PATCH. THEY APPEAR OUT OF NOWHERE IN POTENTIALLY UNLIMITED NUMBERS. THAT IS AGGRAVATING AS HELL WHETHER YOU'RE PVPING OR JUST RUNNING AROUND GATHERING SUPPLIES. ALL I AM ASKING IS WHETHER OR NOT PEOPLE LIKE/THINK THE CURRENT IMPLEMENTATION WAS A GOOD IDEA. I'M NOT ASKING WHAT YOU'LL THINK OF THEM IN SIX MONTHS. I'M ASKING YOU WHAT YOU THINK OF THEM NOW.

Does that clear it up a little?

EDIT: Obviously you didn't read the fucking thread, either. When did I fucking mention shooting fucking bambies? We don't fucking shoot fucking bambies. We don't fucking PVP in Elektro. We don't fucking PVP in Cherno. We don't fucking PVP outside of our own little bubble. So kindly fuck the fuck off.

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 4

Do you not agree that arma3 has a much better pvp experience than dayZ? Especially if you play hardcore. Please explain your reasoning to me. I just don't understand.

To be brutally honest, ARMA 3 sucks. We all own it, and none of us overly enjoys it. We all like DayZ, so we've decided to have our own little quarantined PVP battles with like-minded teams. What do you care? It doesn't matter if you understand it or not.

This thread isn't about how we like to play DayZ. This thread is asking a simple question: Do you like the current implementation of zombies? To those complaining about the question, I don't think it needs multiple poll options; it's either yes or no.

• Like 2

if you put a "meh" option id pick that, its poorly implemented, but implemented

i like how it tries to negate PVP, and adds a level of complexity rather then run up behind them and shoot with 0 problems afterward, would be better if it were sort of like walking dead, when you shoot every zombie hears it from like a 1 mile radius, and starts approaching 

Edited by over9000nukez
  • Like 1

Zombies in their current state are terrible and I have no idea why they implemented a respawn system - especially one as broken as the one currently in-game.

If zombies could navigate buildings, were slightly slower, dealt less damage (bleeding, ruining items, etc) but were considerably more numerous and respawned in a way that isn't plain crap then I'd be very happy with them.

• Like 1

yeah this is brought up a lot as a comeback "play wasteland" ect ect

seriously just think... if there were no annoying zeds in game ruining the experience of tense multiplayer interaction... only for a day or two...

how awesomely refreshing would that be?

the map is great, the framework is great, i like everything about dayz... but the Z's

why say "gtfo go play something else" i paid for this and want it to get better... getting rid of zombies makes this game better.

I think it would be infinitely more boring. No excitement at all in 99% of the map, since you only ever run into other players in a very few specific places (with the usual exceptions to prove the rule). Not to mention a large percentage of players are very boring encounters as well one way or another.

This thread isn't about how we like to play DayZ. This thread is asking a simple question: Do you like the current implementation of zombies? To those complaining about the question, I don't think it needs multiple poll options; it's either yes or no.

At the very least it needs an explanation why this is interesting to know. Why ask this question? What is the purpose?

massive respect to sheriff rick for making this thread.

i wish the dayz community could collectively take a break from these horrible, horrible zeds.

(they don't fit or deserve the name zombie)

i imagine people would log in, say "hmm, no zeds are here, must have been cleared out"

until they realize... there are no zeds anywhere.

their game experience was a lot less annoying, frustrating and illogical.

they had fun with the CORE GAMEPLAY.

zeds are not part of the CORE GAMEPLAY AND NEVER HAVE BEEN

that is the problem, and why the slow push from pvp to pve WILL NOT WORK.

Edited by pacific_coast

from what I gathered your upset because you and you posse can't just PVP all the time. well they zeds are only going to get worse which I'm sure you know already and I'm personally glad I always seen this game to have a PVP element not only PVP and if that's why you play go find something else. I wish they would up the speed a little more. I can sneak into a town and loot all I want use what they call stealth its not hard.and what makes it especially easy is when people are shooting at each other like retards I get the loot why they get the grief have fun.

At the very least it needs an explanation why this is interesting to know. Why ask this question? What is the purpose?

Good question! I think it's because I'm still in shock. I still remember signing on with my buddy Nes after the patch the other day: our first reaction was:

"Holy shit! These new zombies are fucking awesome! They're fast and relentless! Wait... do they just keep appearing on your screen? Seriously? Dude, I just axed like ten of them, and they're still appearing all around me. What the fuck? Wow... lame. Okay, I think we killed them all, let's keep moving. *sigh* Nope, there's another one that just appeared right beside me. *pulls out axe for the third time in under a minute* Okay, got him. *pulls out gun again* OH MY FUCKING GOD, SERIOUSLY?! ANOTHER ONE JUST APPEARED BESIDE ME. *puts gun away, pulls out axe, kills zombie, pulls out gun again, another zombie appears, pulls out axe, kills zombie, puts axe away, pulls out gun again* Y'know what? Fuck this. We can't even sneak past them. They somehow crank their necks around 180º and start chasing us. BEST PATCH EVER."

Nes then proceeded to hit the nail on the head by saying, "Worst. Zombie. Fix. Ever."

Our initial excitement lasted about thirty seconds until zombies started randomly appearing everywhere. So, to answer your question, I guess I just wanted to validate our opinion on the current patch.

from what I gathered your upset because you and you posse can't just PVP all the time. well they zeds are only going to get worse which I'm sure you know already and I'm personally glad I always seen this game to have a PVP element not only PVP and if that's why you play go find something else. I wish they would up the speed a little more. I can sneak into a town and loot all I want use what they call stealth its not hard.and what makes it especially easy is when people are shooting at each other like retards I get the loot why they get the grief have fun.

Wow, very well written. Would read again.

10/10!

• Like 1

I'm really curious about something. You're wanting to do this PVP thing in this game, that's fine. But how annoying is it going to be when they've at least doubled the amount of zombies, they actually run up stairs to you, maybe open/break down doors, hear your shots from outside of towns/cities and spawn outside of town and run to you and their attacking AI is far more accurate and precise? It sounds like what you want is PVP without zombie interference in a zombie appoc game. I don't believe you're paradigm of this game is accurate. If you want to do straight up clan PVP fights you'll need to find a different game or do it in the wilderness or smaller more remote towns.

yeah if they want an example of how its going to be play project zomboid get a gun and shoot one bullet and go into a house and wait those bastards will come in windows doors and will keep coming. guns are useless on there except when you are going to kill another survivor but that's rare because you need help. I hope dayz gets like that. not that I don't like bandits or KOS I just want this not to be some deathmatch circle jerk. because before the zed fix that's all it was and still is for the most part. I voted I like the zeds yet I do hate they go through walls I would trade it for them breakin down doors crawling through windows and running up stairs. I want no escape. and I thought zeds were supposed to be annoying most things that try to kill you are I thought.

• Like 1

Hello there

Rick, I think you need to calm down.

You post on a public forum asking for thoughts but then you berate those who dont give you the answer you like or if they "dare" to ask other questions.

This isnt your personal area, as long as folk stay within the rules they are allowed to go slightly off on a tangent.

You ranting and telling others to F off is only going to cause you trouble.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I like that they are faster.

I like the fact that they do more damage.

I like the fact that they will follow you longer.

I dislike however that they magically appear out of nowhere and instantly know where you are. If they are to respawn they should not respawn right in front of you. They should not respawn and run right back at you. They should respawn somewhere out of sight on a timer and not agro untill they are agroed by shots or noise.

• Like 1

Hello there

You post on a public forum asking for thoughts but then you berate those who dont give you the answer you like or if they "dare" to ask other questions.

This isnt your personal area, as long as folk stay within the rules they are allowed to go slightly off on a tangent.

Rgds

LoK

I'll stop using the F word when people read pertinent information contained in threads that already addresses/answers the points/questions they make/pose. I'm not forcing my views on anyone, broski. I've asked a question, been flamed for daring to PVP with my friends in a game with guns and camouflage gear that's based on a gaming engine designed to replicate war, and defended myself over, and over, and over.

I fail to see how that's "berating those who don't give me the answer I'm looking for". If they have an opinion, they're more than welcome to make it. However, if they start their post with something along the lines of, "LOL THIS ISN'T A PVP GAME YOU MAD YOU CAN'T CAMP IN ELEKTRO ANYMORE TROLOLOL", then yeah, I'm going to tell them what's up.

• Like 4

Hello there

Rgds

LoK

Wouldn't it make sense to move the poll in this thread and merge it with the already existing one done by one of your very own moderators?  http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/182234-post-patch-zombie-feedback/

Wouldn't it make sense to move the poll in this thread and merge it with the already existing one done by one of your very own moderators?  http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/182234-post-patch-zombie-feedback/

Someone please make this kid a moderator already. I think he's put in his fair share of nut-huggery, let him catch a break.

• Like 2

So almost 80 people are content with the CURRENT implementation of zombies?  For the sake of my own sanity, I'm just going to assume these people just did not understand the poll instead of being completely happy with what's currently live...

Edited by taco86
  • Like 1

So almost 80 people are content with the CURRENT implementation of zombies?  For the sake of my own sanity, I'm just going to assume these people just did not understand the poll instead of being completely happy with what's currently live...

reinstated my yes vote, just for you. Some people are happy with the zombies at the moment, or rather tolerant of them at this stage :)

• Like 1

I'd say I'm tolerant of them. Sure, I wouldn't mind if they added a minute or two to their spawn if it's not too difficult, but I can't say I'm really that "bothered" by the current implementation. I like that the game has more than 1 dimension (PVP) more than I dislike the current zombies.

• Like 1

Yes , it would, especially due to Ricks continued rudeness.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4