Sign in to follow this  
TheCookiemob59

Is the DayZ Mod better than Standalone?

Sup'

So i'm curious, I bought the standalone back in February, and i wanna know if the mod is any better or not. Because so far i've watched videos of the mod and it looks less boring and more complete.

Mod has more stuff in it, thats why I have been playing it more than SA still. Vehicles, base building on example Epoch. Its just awesome ;)

Edited by Aamunkajo
  • Like 1

Hello there

The Mod is *different* from the SA.

Firstly, one cannot really fairly compare them as the Mod is far more mature than the SA in its development.

Some versions of the mod will have "more to do" but as the SA continues you will see it diverge from the mod in both content and functionality.

Rgds

LoK

Only you can know, play it and then decide.

I can't play it because i don't have it, which is the reason of this topic. I'm thinking about buying it.

I started as a SA noob and have quickly moved to Epoch. so much more to do and more fun :)

The inventory and scroll wheel system take some getting used to coming from the SA, but it just takes a few hours a of playing and dicking around to figure it all out.

Edited by escobert
  • Like 3

So i'm curious, I bought the standalone back in February, and i wanna know if the mod is any better or not. Because so far i've watched videos of the mod and it looks less boring and more complete.

I can't play it because i don't have it, which is the reason of this topic. I'm thinking about buying it.

What, you said you bought it though?

Sup'

Standalone is fucking ALPHA. It boggles the mind that people still don't fucking get that.

Standalone is fucking ALPHA. It boggles the mind that people still don't fucking get that.

Oh i'm sorry this fucking hurts your fucking feelings, i know it's fucking "alpha" i'm not god damn deaf or a blind fuck. I just fucking said i'm fucking curious. I just wanted to know if the mod is worth buying too compared to Standalone.

What, you said you bought it though?

Well, i bought the Standalone, not the mod. So i can't decide which one is better or not.

Edited by TheCookiemob59
  • Like 1

I bought it yesterday after a long debate with myself, I have no regrets.

Edited by IG Rage
  • Like 1

Oh i'm sorry this fucking hurts your fucking feelings, i know it's fucking "alpha" i'm not god damn deaf or a blind fuck. I just fucking said i'm fucking curious. I just wanted to know if the mod is worth buying too compared to Standalone.

Don't let yourself be startled by someone like that. Or calm down before posting.

• Like 1

Don't let yourself be startled by someone like that. Or calm down before posting.

Sorry, i can be short-tempered sometimes, ahah. XP

You can be regressive and rooted in the past and continually keep playing the original mod in all it's many guises. Or you can be progressive and free to keep playing the ever expanding and improving standalone which is quite literally the future of gaming.

Im playing the Mod since two years! Its different from the SA, i play overwatch for pvp mostly and its still much fun! I hate that they don't develop the Mod any more...

Its worth buying it.

Edited by Krabbe

No

Im sorry but people are getting warnings for doing exactly what you did right there....

9) Unnecessary posts:

Posting "don't care" or "so what" or any posts along those lines are unnecessary, inflammatory, and do not add to the discussion.

Please ellaborate, like the rest of us are doing, your a mod so set a better example tbh....

We get told this on a daily basis, so it should apply to everyone.

@OP

Its really hard to say "which one is better", as the core mechanics in each is very very different.

As far as i can see, the mod is alot more run'n'gun PVP focus, with tons of vehicles, weapons and resources.

The SA is trying to do things differently, with more complex core mechanics (blood, energy, water, food, etc.) and its also trying to make everything more difficult to find.

In general, it looks like the SA is going for a more "survival game" feel, then the mod ever had, but its so early in development its just to early to say which is best tbh.

It took a long time and a lot of effort to get the mod to where it is today, and the same can be said for the SA :)

But do remember, most of what you find in the mod, is a direct port from Arma or from an Arma mod, most of the "developers" arent developers, they merely copy paste stuff around. (ofc not all, some are true developers and write up alot of code for the mod)

The SA, is being build from scratch, with new assests and almost nothing already existing in Arma, its a much much bigger task then making any mod.

• Like 3

Personally i find the Standalone very booring. There is very little to do, even for a bandit. You wont meet people very often, there can be very little loot, and not alot of variation when it comes to weapons and such, and when you got yourself a M16 or the sniper rifle there is absolutely nothing to do. I have had my character for almost a month now, playing a bit now and then. Even though i constantly run around the airfield i have only seen a few persons even on a full server. Im thinking of just killing myself as i have pretty much everything, and got it in maybe 30 minutes :/.

Edited by grimsonfart

Im sorry but people are getting warnings for doing exactly what you did right there....

9) Unnecessary posts:

Posting "don't care" or "so what" or any posts along those lines are unnecessary, inflammatory, and do not add to the discussion.

Please ellaborate, like the rest of us are doing, your a mod so set a better example tbh....

We get told this on a daily basis, so it should apply to everyone.

@OP

Its really hard to say "which one is better", as the core mechanics in each is very very different.

As far as i can see, the mod is alot more run'n'gun PVP focus, with tons of vehicles, weapons and resources.

The SA is trying to do things differently, with more complex core mechanics (blood, energy, water, food, etc.) and its also trying to make everything more difficult to find.

In general, it looks like the SA is going for a more "survival game" feel, then the mod ever had, but its so early in development its just to early to say which is best tbh.

It took a long time and a lot of effort to get the mod to where it is today, and the same can be said for the SA :)

But do remember, most of what you find in the mod, is a direct port from Arma or from an Arma mod, most of the "developers" arent developers, they merely copy paste stuff around. (ofc not all, some are true developers and write up alot of code for the mod)

The SA, is being build from scratch, with new assests and almost nothing already existing in Arma, its a much much bigger task then making any mod.

Is it not allowed to keep the answer short and clean? Seriously, i think you are exaggerating just a tiny winy bit. He asked a yes/no question so why should he not be allowed to answer yes/no. There are 20 other posts "ellaborating" anyways.

Edited by grimsonfart

Is it not allowed to keep the answer short and clean? Seriously, i think you are exaggerating just a tiny winy bit. He asked a yes/no question so why should he not be allowed to answer yes/no. There are 20 other posts "ellaborating" anyways.

But yet the mods tells us on a daily basis to not write these "one liners".

Im just saying, this is not a yes or no question, and other people are told to elaborate when they write answers like this.

• Like 2

For me, the mod is more fun to play. The game is nothing without cars and helis, I play as a lone wolf and NOTHING beats the feeling of dread when a car approaches, or a heli flies over your head. Those moments are priceless if you enjoy the aspect of playing to survive, instead of playing to KOS.

But yet the mods tells us on a daily basis to not write these "one liners".

Im just saying, this is not a yes or no question, and other people are told to elaborate when they write answers like this.

Well i have to disagree, this is a yes/no question. Is the mod better than standalone?

Well i have to disagree, this is a yes/no question. Is the mod better than standalone?

Since we cant agree, its not a yes or no question mate.

It depends on a lot of stuff tbh.

But lets leave it there, no need to discuss it further.

You can be regressive and rooted in the past and continually keep playing the original mod in all it's many guises. Or you can be progressive and free to keep playing the ever expanding and improving standalone which is quite literally the future of gaming.

Uh or just stick with the one that is done and not the one that has almost no content. yes the standalone will be great but after 200 hours there aint shit to do.

• Like 1

Since this question would be more opinion based, your wrong. Because obviously an opinion must be backed by some kind of explanation or experience in order for it to be valid.