TrueGiga

whats your rule of engagement on DayZ

1. Do not fire until fired upon. Exceptions below.

Player with gun wont communicate

Player is wearing a payday mask(Ive softened on killing those with gas masks, call it a 50/50 shot at whether you live or not while wearing one)

Player without firearm wont stop following after several warnings

Player has been observed KoSing/torturing newspawns

Player forgets to turn off voice chat and tells his friends in ts my location

• Like 1

So, basically anyone having a good time?

Anyway, my ROE:

• Never shoot a Newspawn. Unless he gets hostile or starts acting sketchy. "Uh, yeah can you bandage me? *puts up dukes* "
  • Watch armed players. 9 times out of 10 it's a KoSer. Sometimes it's a kid trying to survive with an empty M4.
  • If they're wearing TTsKO shit or those payday masks. Engage ASAP.
  • If anyone, Newspawn or no, cooperates when being held up, don't kill them and give them some gear. Sometimes going with the flow will keep your ass alive.
  • If I'm a newspawn, never fuck with geared guys unless fucked with first. When they hold me up, I follow instructions.
  • Anyone playing Country Music over their mic gets a free brewski.

You follow instructions when held up lol that's weak,i never follow anybodies instructions,if they ask something nicely i may give them food or drink but i would rather die than to give into a players demands c'mon grow a set.

Country music is a KOS 100% no question's asked.

Edited by NIGHT_STALKER

You follow instructions when held up lol that's weak,i never follow anybodies instructions,if they ask something nicely i may give them food or drink but i would rather die than to give into a players demands c'mon grow a set.

Country music is a KOS 100% no question's asked.

I always try to be nice to other players. Gets me killed a lot. But if someone tries to hold me up I tell them to stop being a pussy and shoot me then do everything in my power to knock their asses out. 

Rules... sorry have I misunderstood something

See this guy knows what's up. The point of the game is there are no rules. Why would you put some on yourself?

Observation and countermeasures are the key to a successful engagement.  Therefore:

1.  If it moves, shoot it.

2.  If it looks like it might move, shoot it.

3.  If it looks like it may have moved previously, shoot it.

4.  In all cases, once it's down shoot it again.  It's the only way to be sure.

See this guy knows what's up. The point of the game is there are no rules. Why would you put some on yourself?

it's a story, narrative always helps a story..

it's a story, narrative always helps a story..

Watching the same story every day gets boring.  ;)

This thread makes me sad. The majority of this community is so cowardly and overly competitive that they almost always shoot armed players without even attempting to communicate.

"He's armed and he's on the coast; must be a bandit... BAM!"

Where is the fun in that? Play arma 3 wasteland. You won't have to deal with all of these bugs and I completed features. More guns. More vehicles. All of the things you beg for on these forums.

"I KOS because there aren't enough features in this game to do anything else yet."

This game was made for people willing to risk losing everything to engage in heart pounding interactions with potentially violent strangers. This is the only game where potential friend or foe can honestly only be distinguished by their ACTIONS; not by the color of the arrow floating over their head.

"I tried being friendly. I got tired of getting killed so I don't even try anymore."

This excuse is the worst. So many of you think the only two options are

a.) kill or you will undoubtedly be killed. Or,

B.) place your life into the hands of a complete stranger and hope that they are like-minded.

The truly skilled survivors asses the stranger, place themselves in a superior position should a firefight erupt, and then you attempt to communicate. If you can learn to do this, not only will you increase your chances of survival (should you choose to interact with others), but when you ARE forced to kill someone in self-defense, it will be so much more rewarding KNOWING (not speculating) that they would have gladly done the same to you.

Alas, this kind of tactical thinking (it's a fucking survival game for god's sake) is too much to ask for the majority of dayz's current community.

And this post will be ignored and more excuses will be made to defend lazy play styles.

If you are another man or woman who plays this game as I do, know that you are not alone. Know that if you continue to play honorably and not sink down to the level of the majority around you, you will be experiencing dayz how it is intended to play.

Stay strong, true survivors of chernarus.

• Like 2

Watching the same story every day gets boring.  ;)

I find the most tedious one that goes, I saw someone and shot them. the end. boring, each to their own.

• Like 1

Today, after months of playing, I finally got to shoot someone. 

My rules of engagement aren't very refined yet, but I've decided that if somebody in a clown mask runs at me with a fireaxe inside of a building, I'm going to blow his fucking face off.

A single sawn-off blast to his chest took him out. Double tapped to make sure. Turns out shotguns are really good at ruining items, so I say good luck to him if he tries to salvage his body.

Edited by BeefBacon
  • Like 1

if somebody in a clown mask runs at me with a fireaxe inside of a building, I'm going to blow his fucking face off.

That's a pretty good rule to live by  :lol:

Unless I get surprising while looting, you won't see me and will never know how long you were in my sights.

If you are no threat to me, you get to live.

Approach me armed = you die.

Approach me unarmed and don't respond when told to GTFO = you die.

I didn't ask for you help, so respect my wishes when I decline it. Or die. Up to you.

@beef bacon

Reminds me of the days when the spawns were around balota. If you made it into a barracks and grabbed a weapon, chances were you'd be shooting your way out. And you have to love when lugging that sawed-off around for hours actually pays off

I don't kill new spawns or people with rifles shouldered. Raise your weapon on me and social time is over. I've had tons of great, hilarious interactions with people by not following a KOS rule. 

If I'm at an airfield or a military camp all bets are off. I'll probably kill you and find a nice place to spend 10 minutes waiting for your potential buddy.

KOS is boring and easy, as has been noted hundreds of times.