TrueGiga

whats your rule of engagement on DayZ

We don't shoot new spawns and un armed players all others are up to there actions on how the react to our encounter. we noticed many kill on sights happen because the person seems hostile running with gun in hand and checking every corner looking for a fight. 

we disapprove of snipers on hilltops or covered well away from any view of un suspecting players it's a weak tactic that takes no skill
to accomplish if your one of them please take it as a disrespect to you. cause we don't like you and i am sure thousands of others will agree 

Warning to new spawns if you come across a hostile player don't take his abuse run away or log off don't let others actions effect your game play we already have too many sour grapes that have become Camping tree sleeping snipers on hilltops that kill new spawn.

don't let others ruin your game.

Also any abuse on forums should be a direct reflection of how you are in Game. keep note!

Friends of Day-Z BOTz

If i see you and i say the following, "hey there guy...whatcha doin?" There is a good chance ive been watching you for 10 mins as you sneak about with your gun in hand looking for people to shoot. So i shoot you instead.

If i see a new spawn. I leave em alone. 

If i see anyone with a gun...i watch them. I don't immediately shoot on sight and i try to avoid the said person that has a gun. If they shoot others, then i act. And you never see me. 

If someone gets the drop on me, i do anything within reason to ensure my survival. If that means giving up some gear or being handcuffed.

If some is running full speed at me with ANY weapon, i shoot. I dont care if theyve seen me or not. I would rather not gamble.

If the zone is hot...i am cold. see ya.

These reactions are all because i play lone wolf 90% of my playtime. But i also adapt to whats going on around me. There have been many times where ive been in between firefights, just watching, and waiting to see the end result. Being alone puts you at a huge disadvantage. BUT i will say i am an opportunist and if those said firefights end and there is just one dude left....i will take his life.

• Like 1

We don't shoot new spawns and un armed players all others are up to there actions on how the react to our encounter. we noticed many kill on sights happen because the person seems hostile running with gun in hand and checking every corner looking for a fight. 

we disapprove of snipers on hilltops or covered well away from any view of un suspecting players it's a weak tactic that takes no skill

to accomplish if your one of them please take it as a disrespect to you. cause we don't like you and i am sure thousands of others will agree 

Warning to new spawns if you come across a hostile player don't take his abuse run away or log off don't let others actions effect your game play we already have too many sour grapes that have become Camping tree sleeping snipers on hilltops that kill new spawn.

don't let others ruin your game.

Also any abuse on forums should be a direct reflection of how you are in Game. keep note!

Friends of Day-Z BOTz

I come to this thread expecting something along the lines of a listing of your preferred engagement method and instead get a rant against snipers...

What gives?

• Like 3

I like the crazy moments where two groups run into one another, everyone's armed, but neither are KOS'ers. The tension and yelling where everyone's trying to let each other know "We are armed, but we dont plan on trying to shoot you" is awesome.  Had that happen while playing with a couple new friends the other night when we were running through the woods... it was fun and everyone lived.

My general ROE are pretty simple:  If your gun starts to point in my direction, you had better kill me quickly because Ill be firing right back. If you appear unarmed, hurt, sick, etc, keep your distance and Ill help if I can.

Edited by GpB311
  • Like 2

Does he have a gun

Edit: Sounds like you don't know how to use basic cover against snipers.

Edited by LeeFriendField
  • Like 1

lol OPs squad must of been wiped by one of these "no skill" snipers shortly before this post.

In terms of my friends and myself our R.O.E are simple, we dont kill new spawns unless they dont listen to commands(90% of new spawns go for the yoloknockoutswag attitude) we KoS at airfields/high loot yielding places. Tried the whole lets be friend thing and got bored of being killed over and over.

One of my fondest firefights to date has been on in the first few weeks of playing while in stary sober, house to house firefight with some mixed into the streets was so much fun.

Edited by lumo1234

If I feel threatened, or I feel the person is being hostile.

I will kill all who play music,use strange voices,run in groups,have no pants on,and someone who keeps coming to close to me.Those are my main kos rules.

Sniping is quite hard actually, with the lag, bullet range... Shaking of the gun.... Specially at more than 400 m where there will be about a 1-1.5 sec delay to your bullet... There are good snipers who will fire once and relocate, or fire five quick successions then relocate... Then there are the sniper wanna be who will sit under a tree at elektro and shoot at people all day...

And a fresh spawn running to elektro or a mil base without care in the world needs to be shot... Why? Coz most likely, he is rushing to his dead body...lets be honest, a fresh spawn who wants to survive wont run to elektro on a full 40 man server... Ive had a fresh spawn hit me with a fire extinguisher then shout friendly after we open up on him...

My ROE i guess is if you dont talk, or respond, you get shot, if i catch you sneaking up on my position you get shot, if you stay after ive told you to go, you get shot... If i tell you to stop and you dont, i shoot... Why? Coz if i see a guy running away from the direction im going, i would like to know why he is running..you can tell alot about a guy from their gear, if he has used up bandages or odd number of rags, half empty mags or un even bullets or If he goes down quick from my fire despite being geared... Then he was in a firefight running away...reason enough to change directions

My ROE?

Avoid other players if at all possible.

If that's not possible. Kill them.

• Like 1

lol OPs squad must of been wiped by one of these "no skill" snipers shortly before this post.

In terms of my friends and myself our R.O.E are simple, we dont kill new spawns unless they dont listen to commands(90% of new spawns go for the yoloknockoutswag attitude) we KoS at airfields/high loot yielding places. Tried the whole lets be friend thing and got bored of being killed over and over.

One of my fondest firefights to date has been on in the first few weeks of playing while in stary sober, house to house firefight with some mixed into the streets was so much fun.

no we have not but we get so many new spawns telling us about how they just got killed next to a hill watch out!

If I hear the word "Friendly" I shoot you in the face without a word.

Other than that I always try to say something or do something to people before I kill them.

A lot of the time I try to make people laugh before I kill them like for example my #1 kill method since the mod is to break people's legs, bandage them, and then kite zombies onto their crippled body and tell them sorry but they are selected for Zombie Advancement Program Feeding.

Sometimes I just mess with them like make them drop pants and run away or one time on Epoch Taviana I dropped a random newspawn in the stadium and told him I was going to see how long it took him to starve for government research.

Sometimes I help people and play with them till one of us dies.

If you're restricting yourself to 1 play style all the time you're missing out on 3/4 of the game.

• Like 1

Looks like you got shot by a sniper and just wanted to rant lol

no we have not but it's a point we had to make on this post cause its a part of engagement we don't approve of that is all

Sniping actually takes quite a bit of skill mind you. If you stay in one place for too long people can find you, have to know what zeroing to put as, actually hit the target, etc.

Sniping actually takes quite a bit of skill mind you. If you stay in one place for too long people can find you, have to know what zeroing to put as, actually hit the target, etc.

Jason sniper vs snipers you might have a valid point. but in Day-Z i must say it is not a fair deal.

I will kill all who play music,use strange voices,run in groups,have no pants on,and someone who keeps coming to close to me.Those are my main kos rules.

So, basically anyone having a good time?

Anyway, my ROE:

• Never shoot a Newspawn. Unless he gets hostile or starts acting sketchy. "Uh, yeah can you bandage me? *puts up dukes* "
  • Watch armed players. 9 times out of 10 it's a KoSer. Sometimes it's a kid trying to survive with an empty M4.
  • If they're wearing TTsKO shit or those payday masks. Engage ASAP.
  • If anyone, Newspawn or no, cooperates when being held up, don't kill them and give them some gear. Sometimes going with the flow will keep your ass alive.
  • If I'm a newspawn, never fuck with geared guys unless fucked with first. When they hold me up, I follow instructions.
  • Anyone playing Country Music over their mic gets a free brewski.
Edited by BiGoDeViN
  • Like 1

dealing with new spawn - I don't kill unarmed people ever, even as a bandit that's the golden rule. 

as bandit - i'll probably take pants & battery, shit might get sadistic for the lulz

as hero - find out why they are on the beach, if bragging tales of banditry are told, probably break their legs and bandage them up and leave them, my hero brings justice, if a victim of banditry offer to posse up & go and find who killed them, if not interested offer them a little food and water.

• Like 1

Kill or be killed. Just that simple.

battlefield & COD are on the phone.. they're looking you Chris, they fear you've stumbled into a world too imaginative for you to process, they say you won't be happy, you should go back to them..

post2.jpg

Edited by Calibre
  • Like 3

Kill or be killed. Just that simple.

DayZ is not a run and gun game friend.. 

You shooting at me?  Time to return that favor...

See someone else - monitor and observe - avoid conflict as much as possible

Approached by someone else - talk first, confirm intent, stay wary and alert - engage only when engaged/threatened