Sign in to follow this  
ReaperRaptor

Is this considered KOS?

I'm having trouble with this situation, because I think they're bandits, but they claim they did this "for survival"

So I'm with two people in DayZ named Tommy and John, and Tommy decides that the next fresh spawns we find are KOS. Now obviously that's KOS. But now, they find two fresh spawns and I approach them as a hero, asking if they need anything, but Tommy comes down and attempts to handcuff one of them. The fresh spawn runs away, as I run to make up excuses so I couldn't shoot them. Anyway, I found one of them and said "Hey I'm a friendly I'm not out to kill you, they are" so then I decide to log out (IRL it was dinner time) and I log back on and hear what happened: Tommy and John (after 10 minutes) found the two fresh spawns, asked them to stop, and then shot them. I just have one question: Is that KOS?

Edited by ReaperRaptor

I would say yes, but I'm sure other will say different. Everyone will have their own opinion, although, holding up new spawns is pretty lame.

Also IRL stands for "in real life" no need to put in in front of it.

I would say yes, but I'm sure other will say different. Everyone will have their own opinion, although, holding up new spawns is pretty lame.

Also IRL stands for "in real life" no need to put in in front of it.

Yeah I didn't really agree with what they're doing, also I fixed that IRL thing, thanks for pointing that out.

Edited by ReaperRaptor

Well, they waited before shooting.

It wouldn't be KOS as they didn't immediately open fire on sight.

"my friends decide they're gonna KoS the next people they see"

"They then KoS 2 people"

"Is this KoS?"

lolwut?

Also you're not a hero if you're running up to people and pretending to be friendly so your friends can come kill them.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 3

I'm having trouble with this situation, because I think they're bandits, but they claim they did this "for survival"

So I'm with two people in DayZ named Tommy and John, and Tommy decides that the next fresh spawns we find are KOS. Now obviously that's KOS. But now, they find two fresh spawns and I approach them as a hero, asking if they need anything, but Tommy comes down and attempts to handcuff one of them. The fresh spawn runs away, as I run to make up excuses so I couldn't shoot them. Anyway, I found one of them and said "Hey I'm a friendly I'm not out to kill you, they are" so then I decide to log out (IRL it was dinner time) and I log back on and hear what happened: Tommy and John (after 10 minutes) found the two fresh spawns, asked them to stop, and then shot them. I just have one question: Is that KOS?

From the first sentence in the main paragraph...You clearly wrote their intentions "Tommy decides that the next fresh spawns we find are KOS." So id say yea, it is. Even if they foiled his initial plan by running away, his intention was to KOS.

Lol, KOS means "Kill on Sight" just because you can't aim or are trying to catch up doesn't make you a good guy. Your still running around trying to KOS.

Fail or not it's all the same.

Next time roll up on those two guys and tell them whats going down and turn the tables on your homies. Hell, I've KO'd a few friends for this type of stuff. Granted I get all bandit about it and have no idea who or what happened other than the beach noob is now 300m further away and not a priority anymore.

The other day I was straight up KOS'd while I was helping a group of 6 fresh spawns. No one knew each other. I was basically herding cats on fire. Any-who when I died all 6 guys got all up in arms about it and started cursing the guy out for KOS'sing and before I pushed "Respawn" I heard a final rally cry to gang beat the guy followed by about 20 shots and screaming. Totally didn't see that coming.

If you have seen a geared guy die next to fresh spawns it's like tossing two nuggets of grain into a barn full of chickens. Reminds me of X-mas when the new gaming consoles come out..

Edited by RyBo
  • Like 1

If you were acting like such a pansy in my group of real life friends who play DayZ together, we'd KOS you this weekend at the bar.

"my friends decide they're gonna KoS the next people they see"

"They then KoS 2 people"

"Is this KoS?"

lolwut?

Also you're not a hero if you're running up to people and pretending to be friendly so your friends can come kill them.

Yeah lol I thought it was a KOS to begin with the reason I asked was because they didn't analyze it as a KOS they claimed it was for survival.

Hell, I've KO'd a few friends for this type of stuff. Granted I get all bandit about it and have no idea who or what happened other than the beach noob is now 300m further away and not a priority anymore.

I love doing that to my friends.

They'll be like "I'm in Kamyshovo killing bambies"

Then I'll run over and start shooting at them and they go "oh shit someones shooting me come help"

Then I'll kill them and be like "I can't I'm way up at NE airfield"

Then I tell them 15 minutes later

(And I'm not a dick there is a reason we do stuff like this but would take forever to explain long story short it's because of many many many many accidental TKs over the years we've been playing games together)

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

If that ever happens to me, i will backstab them. 2 freshspawns saved, 2 wannabe bandits dead. I probably would die myself, because i would give the freshspawns that guys gear, but it probably would be worth the try.