kihz

What is "Fully Geared" to you?

I consider myself pretty much fully geared when I have an axe, a gun and a backpack half full of food and ammo, it also helps if I have found a well and am healthy. Anything extra is just fluff and gearing up fully is just a waste of time brought on by OCD.

Kind of disagree. I've survived a long time now. Playing with a squad helps alot when gearing up. Not to mention the extra shots i'll be able to sustain without dying when & if i get shot at next time. So far ive died more to Fall damage,Friendlyfire & Glitchers.

We play the game differently i suppose. I rarely go "YOLO" and run inside military buildings on full pop servers. Mostly because i dont see the point in gear if im gonna die. Id rather keep my gear and use it to kill others. Also staying alive for a while and you'll pretty quickly hit the mark where no more gear is useful for you.

Perhaps you just need to become a better player. Maybe then you'll notice gear is not just extra fluff brought on by OCD. 

To me it means having items for almost any situation. On my toons I have canteens(2), can openers, sewing ktis, matches, compasses, lamps, stoves, pots, the axe, a weapon with sufficient ammo (no pvp-ready unreasonable amount), food cans, rice, powder milk, bandages, morphine, a splint. So yes, basicly survival-cooking and hunting ready.

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone

I don't have a pic, but I hope a description will suffice.

Apparel:

(all pristine)

Black motorcycle helmet with tinted glass

Designer shades

Black hoodie

Black UK assault vest

Hunter backpack

Black working gloves

Black cargo pants

Black jungle boots

Weapons:

(all pristine)

Mosin + LRS + Compensator + Bipod + full ammo box of 7.62

1911 + Flashlight (no battery :D, just for style) + 2 additional clips + one pile of 45 ammo

Equipment:

(all pristine)

Canteen x3

Morphine x2

Bandage x1 (100%)

Rags x6

Can opener

Sewing kit x1

Yellow box x1 (with 3 canteens)

The rest is just packed with random food.

I also tend to carry a ballistic helmet in my hoodie. I remember that in previous builds items that you carry absorbed most of the damage from bullets when you got hit. Some other guy told me that carrying a ballistic helmet practically works as additional armour, and I've been stuffing it in my hoodies ever since. :)

Edited by retro19

We play the game differently i suppose. I rarely go "YOLO" and run inside military buildings on full pop servers...

Perhaps you just need to become a better player. Maybe then you'll notice gear is not just extra fluff brought on by OCD. 

I HATE comments like this and they are rife on the forum. Why do you think you're better? I could easily say I'm better because I don't need as much gear as you but I wouldn't, you know, because I'm not mean like that.

I don't go "YOLO" and run into military buildings, I'm actually more of a survivalist and try to avoid confrontation. You should try to be less presumptuous. I just find that at present in the game survival, as in things other than feeding, is just not important yet and needs to be fully implemented. 

I got this far using a box of hacked ammo I picked up, then lost it to hive issues. Not that mad.

ibnLmI7EoPHQrs.png

Again, I'm in Electro on a full pop. I don't think eating is my best choice right now. Maybe I'll jump in a low pop and eat up real quick like a flaming homosexual.

Chicken.

You don't actually need that much food, just visit a tavern/supermarket.. You're bound to find food of some sort

Fully kitted = 

One weapon of your choice w/scope (mine M4 w/ acog and red dot in backpack)

Full camo

Improvised Bag - Large

Healthy, energised, hydrated status

3 x yellow storage boxes

1 x ammo box

1 x med kit w/ morphine, epi, 2 bandages and I saline

2-3 bags of rice

1 x canteen

1 x can opener

1 x boonie

Optional 

7 x hats in various sizes and colours (I have a weird hat fetish)

everything pristine

everything rare+valuable+essential

maximum total inventory space

Riders Jacket, Black Military boots and either Double Barrel Shotty or Double barrel rifle.

If I have a primary and secondary, both with ammo, a compass and can opener, and an axe...I am comfortable. Fully geared means a half dozen protector cases, 2 ammo cans and at least 3 pistols.

Aint got time for fully geared, man.

finding a cowboy hat, any cowboy hat

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/181808-dayz-and-what-it-should-have-been/

LOL u should check that out if you like the cowboy hat, i ribbed some guy in there for saying basically cowboy hats are pointless and would NEVER be found in a "REAL RUSSIAN" state or something stupid like that lol

Having pants

For those who say you need a canteen:

canteens are useless.

Edited by over9000nukez

canteens are useless.

lol your useless, and i presume one of the "people" who kills people in ur sig :P

having one item that can be refilled trumps having many items that cant and that also (eventually) will be able to be used to track you (if they do implement the tracking fingerprinting system) with dogs and so on once consumed.

By fingerprinting i dont mean your prints are left on the can, it was how dean termed the method the engine would say add your scent onto trash you created when drinking and eating things that then a trained dog could be used to track your movements from that point and thus be used to hunt yo ass down bwoy

lol your useless, and i presume one of the "people" who kills people in ur sig :P

having one item that can be refilled trumps having many items that cant and that also (eventually) will be able to be used to track you (if they do implement the tracking fingerprinting system) with dogs and so on once consumed.

By fingerprinting i dont mean your prints are left on the can, it was how dean termed the method the engine would say add your scent onto trash you created when drinking and eating things that then a trained dog could be used to track your movements from that point and thus be used to hunt yo ass down bwoy

I don't carry around drinks, you just stop at a fountain at every town and stop when it says my stomach is stuffed, +2 inventory slots

I don't know what you mean by I kill peple in my signatur, I play hero style.

if it was a joke on the other hand I did laugh.

I don't carry around drinks, you just stop at a fountain at every town and stop when it says my stomach is stuffed, +2 inventory slots

I don't know what you mean by I kill peple in my signatur, I play hero style.

if it was a joke on the other hand I did laugh.

yeah it was a joke, kinda... lol i was being facetious. but point remains, water wells = stuck in the ground = have to go back to them = cannot (when tents are implemented) survive without going near a place with one. for me point of being geared up is 1)not having to go to deep in to a place that may contain other survivors looking for gear to survive 2) being able to help other people i do decide to make my self known to who seem to need help (i like to observer bandits trying to bash out noobs, and then anyone who bests said bandit has me run over gun trained on them shouting in direct "get down on the ground now dude and this will all end nicely for you") where by i offer them maybe some berries or meat (all foods that i can restock without going near a town or player) and offering water (as opposed to giving cans which i may need if i didnt have a canteen) im no hero, if i think ur  a pillock i will shoot you or trick you or whatever, but im no bandit either ( i will observe you for a time before i approach you if i see you first, so as to see what playstyle you have) dayz is a great game for finding like minded people to play games with, as well as a great place to really piss of dick heads (usually bandits) and things like survival gear ie canteens greatly help me to avoid unnessacary confrontations and survive how i would do myself if this shit ever really happened

Clothing that doesn't stand out in treelines.

A long weapon, preferably with some kind of optics.

A sidearm.

Enough AMMO to engage targets without danger of running low in a moderate engagement.

Some food and water.

canteens are useless.

Put alchohol tincture in canteen.  Give canteen to player.  Useless?

Or you could just give a thirsty person some clean water.  I don't know maybe help others.  I know...useless.

Also, you don't have to stop combat to go run to a water fountain to take a drink.  But that's still kinda useless.

Edited by DayZ_Friendly
  • Like 1

These are the muthafuckas that keep asking if anyone has a canteen because they are all of a sudden thirsty and we can't leave the combat zone because people wanna kill us.  Then I have to give this muthafucka a canteen and he don't give it back.  He probably just throws it away again to free up two slots for some ammo for a gun he doesn't have.  Then the next time we hold up a place, I gotta give him another canteen.

Don't be that bro, bro.

• Like 2

wow, we should hook up, u seem like the kind of dude who also gets sucked into the trying to do every one a favour hole only to find you just helped a complete dick, or even worse fell victim to a really simple bandit trick. The best example for me was when i had first started playing a lot, one guy on a server was all like, erghmahgherd mah leeerrrgggggs are brooooked. me being all naive and looking for literally ANYONE to play with (50 hours of jogging sim on your own is shit, specially when you get all the good gear you have ever discovered existed only to get bummed for not having a wingman at least) so im all like hey buddy i just found three morphines in berezino hosp, where u at, "just at the middle between prig and cherno" its fairly low pop server so im guessing this guys legit... WROOOOONG 12 year old fag kid with sense of humor of a penis in a bum that doesnt much like having penis put in it.. so anyways i jog all the way to where he is supposedly lying broken, and hes all like i cant see you where are you, im all like im right on the train tr... BLAM head gone 20 hours of collecting mainly stuff that cant be used for shit all for nothing lol.... i mean seriously. all i had of use to him was the morphine i was actually coming to give him anyway, and maybe a winchester... he raped me with a sniper, i learned to make friencds out of game before trusting anyone in game... so, care to be a dayz SA neutral with me?? (neutral cos sometimes i like to KoS people who turn up at the wrong time but also i like to help people who manage to evade getting banditfied and stuff. i am no allegiance to karma, but karma itself embodied

These are the muthafuckas that keep asking if anyone has a canteen because they are all of a sudden thirsty and we can't leave the combat zone because people wanna kill us.  Then I have to give this muthafucka a canteen and he don't give it back.  He probably just throws it away again to free up two slots for some ammo for a gun he doesn't have.  Then the next time we hold up a place, I gotta give him another canteen.

Don't be that bro, bro