kihz

What is "Fully Geared" to you?

Did you have fun duping those tents or we going to assume you "found" the first one :P Just kidding

Did you have fun duping those tents or we going to assume you "found" the first one :P Just kidding

:( They are so easy to find now that you don't have to run to the feed shacks.

FroBad will be making a video showing how to easily find them.

Edited by KrackProphet

Oh i know how easy they are to find, just unusual to see someone carry so many, Especially if you were to die, you'd lose all 3, can;t imagine your teammate wouldent hold any for you

looks like there's one is his hands as well so likey 2 more in his bag, So you farmed 6 tents, its possible i suppose :P

Edited by RyanH

Fully geared us the point where I can tell civilization to fuck off and live innawoods.

Where's your compass?  Not fully geared until compass, can opener, and canteen.

after like 20 hours of play, one no longer needs a compass lol.  Unless you're a coast dweller finally expanding outward, maybe then.

Vest, assault rifle with optics, black cargo pants and tac shirt, ballistic helmet, and 3 buddies.

NO BACKPACK!

after like 20 hours of play, one no longer needs a compass lol.  Unless you're a coast dweller finally expanding outward, maybe then.

I am closing on 600 hours played, and I still pick up and use a compass.

I don't know every section of the map like the back of my hand, but I will.

I am closing on 600 hours played, and I still pick up and use a compass.

I don't know every section of the map like the back of my hand, but I will.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not 100% familiar either.  But after a while, if you explore enough, you get a pretty good indication of where you're going even if you don't know exactly where you're going.

Mosin w/ Comp & LRS

Black Fire Axe

Black Ballistic Helmet, Mask, Sunglasses, Tactical Shirt, Cargo Pants, Combat Boots (w/ Knife) and Hi Cap Vest (holding Gorka Jacket/Pants or Rain Jacket and extra ammo, PU Scope)

Improvised Leather Pack w/:

First Aid Kit (Bandages/Rags, Morphine/Splint, Saline or Your Blood)

Ammo Box w/ Ammo for your Guns

Protective Cases holding: Canteen, Can Opener, Compass, Matches, Gas Lamp, Sewing Kit, Complete Fire Kit)

Sawed off Shotgun

Note to your killer

Maybe a Blue UN Helmet if I find a Press Vest, or a different rifle/sidearm.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not 100% familiar either.  But after a while, if you explore enough, you get a pretty good indication of where you're going even if you don't know exactly where you're going.

That is simple enough, but what do you do when you are in the woods and you need to redirect to a new location, halfway through your journey?  You could travel to the nearest town, wherever that might be, or, if you know the area well enough, you can just head straight there, because you already knew exactly where you were, even though you had been running through the wilderness for 15 minutes.

I'm getting there.  Slowly.

That is simple enough, but what do you do when you are in the woods and you need to redirect to a new location, halfway through your journey?  You could travel to the nearest town, wherever that might be, or, if you know the area well enough, you can just head straight there, because you already knew exactly where you were, even though you had been running through the wilderness for 15 minutes.

I'm getting there.  Slowly.

That's why I take specific routes to places that far, so I know where I'm at at all times.  The most obvious examples are the train tracks and main road, but there are many routes.  A compass is always good to have if you have room, but it's just not totally necessary after a while.  Like maps, I don't pick those up at all anymore. NEVER  Don't need em.

Reason an experianced player picks up a compass, So you can still relay directional information. like, shots from the north east.

I have 900 hours in game, pretty much know the map (especially the west), but always make a point of picking up a compass. Many's the time you can find yourself in the woods, lose your sense of direction and wander around for far too long.

If I have space I'll pick up a spare and find a bambi to give it to, along with bandages, water bottle, etc, etc.

Full military gear in pristine condition. 2 maxed out ammo cans for your primary and secondary weps. 3/4 of empty space is for primary wep. 25% for handgun. Fireaxe I've used both sks and mosin. I have mosin now. Full attachments. Full attachments for FN my secondary. 2 double tied mags For m4 Or 4 stripper clips for sks. Only one spare pistol mag cuz honestly when are you going to need 4 backups? That's wasting ton of space IMO. 2 canteens, right now I have 3 bags of rice. Rice is best food ATM so I only eat oranges and bananas when running around usually. If I get hungry I munch some rice. Can opener and handcuffs and keys. All of the above in pristine is fully geared to me. If not then you still have some lootin to do. Ooh med kid with Iv start and 1 saline bag for blood if needed. 1 epi pen an 1 morphine for broken leg. Sticks and rags take up more inv than morph. Epi is also better than defib right now.

Really?

I am fully geared once I feel safe. Meaning my bodily needs are satisfied and I have a mosin or better weapon on me.

Everything else is just a bonus.

Everything else is just a bonus.

Hence the problem with this thread. 'Fully' is ambivalent as between 'acceptably' or 'ideally'...

axe

knife or machete

rope(s)

rags

fishing hook

shovel

i can now live solely off the land

But, what is the "best loot"? Rather subjective, no?

No. Not at all.

Fireaxe>baseball bat

M1911>makerov

Cargo pants>jeans

Don't try to argue this one.

When i have enough to survive without going into towns, and a gun if i have to kill any players.

Knife, fire, gun & ammo, rainproof clothing. Once i have ask of that, I'm satisfied.

I'd like to interact with strangers more, but since most will kos or fake being nice and then kill you after you help them, I'm very hesitant.

Main weapon with 1 stack ammo, 30+slot BP, Water Can, Healthy Status, and at least a 25-30min run inland.

Edited by archone88

splitting axe, matches, rags, canteen and whatever gun I find ammo for... the rest is bells and whistles

I consider myself 'fully geared' when i have clothing that i wanted, and my preference is still a tan tactical shirt, and beige cargo pants. I find that this combination provides a good level of cover when in the wild or in cities. 

Do binoculars still exist?

My essentials for being 'fully geared':

Hunting backpack

A decent primary weapon (M4, Moisin or SKS)

A decent scope

Tan Tactical shirt (or decent camo)

Beige cargo trousers (or decent camo)

At least 50-60 rounds for my weapon (more if an M4)

A decent side weapon with at least 3 clips (preferably an FNX)

A morphine pen

Some painkillers

A few bandages

A canteen (preferably two)

Some tinned food and some rice

• Like 1

jQlCIEX.jpg

Fully geared.

Mosin fully kitted.

Magnum.

You can see my clothes.

And 3 tents.