SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

Log in on a fresh toon to instantly aggro a zombie i cant even see, eventually the tiny dot on the horizon turns out to be the attracted zombie...Just as it gets closer a zombie spawns in it's path and immediatly joins in the chase. I evade through fresh spawning zombies who instantly start to sprint after me, i'm panning my camera around to plot a route to escape ...north is clear....no wait it was .  The range on zombies spotting me is a bother the spawning within spitting distance is a worry. Aware game is Alpha - this is just my opinion.

• Like 2

I personally wanted to test out the whole "ZEDS ARE SPAWNIN ON MEH WAAAH" theory so i shot a full clip of my assault rifle into the air in the middle of an airbase. And while i saw several zombies come at me from multiple angles none spawned ON me. Actually they were quite far from me.... i had time to stand still and pull out my fire axe of death and then proceeded to own the undead muthaf****as. So yeah no spawning on top of me at least.

I have had one spwan on me (after killing one) so far...no biggie. Just because it has not happened to you (yet) does not mean it is not happening to others, that should always be kept in mind.

Other, than them going coming thgrough walls, the only thing that irks me is....the superman sight and chasing (no matter what you do) forever. And yes, I have broken line of sight (as far as it seems to be) and they still show up seconds later in hot pursuit. That maybe a pathfinding thing and hopefully will be adjusted.

The other players (and damn easily broken legs) are the most dangerous game...have not come across any player who has not taken a shot at me or pitched forked me to death (my fault for trying to look at a map on another monitor, while logged in). that is the danger that i like, trying to  figure out what other people will do in the zombie Apocalypse...lol

Edited by zombie1

^Ok i agree with the fact that it may have happened to others (although in retrospect i didnt show that in my post) but you have to admit that at least SOME of it is people whining that "the zombies spawning suuuuuxxxs!!" instead of admitting they maybe just didnt see it chasing them for a while and stopped for too long.

^Ok i agree with the fact that it may have happened to others (although in retrospect i didnt show that in my post) but you have to admit that at least SOME of it is people whining that "the zombies spawning suuuuuxxxs!!" instead of admitting they maybe just didnt see it chasing them for a while and stopped for too long.

You need to remember we are in the self entitlement era of gaming where the moment you put any money on a product it apparently gives you the right to bitch and moan even when warnings are popping up before you click the purchase button

Edited by Caboose187

? Im confused. I absolutely love this game and have no regrets from purcgasing it. And i am completely aware of the fact it says its in early alpha stage if that what you are referencing. I only mean that i know people do that for a fact and that these stories of zombies spawning unto people is possible. Just the complaints from the phenomenon i would suspect is usually just bitching. I am fully aware my opinion may very well be inaccurate and apologise if i may have offended you in some way. I hope you have a nice day.

I dont think zombies should have been updated so soon. Making them more deadly isn't the smartest choice since they can still run through walls.

• Like 1

I prefer the faster zombies, at least while there are so few of them. Making them dangerous is definitely a step in the right direction since before it wasn't even a zombie game. There needs to be the threat of death from zombies in order for this to be a zombie game.

That said, I would prefer if the threat was in their numbers rather than their speed.

after watching the videos interview with Rocket recently seems most of the things we all want are already planned. stuff like the zombie pathfinding in buildings, and hopefully the stealth system. As for zombie speed I think they should be slightly slower than currently, maybe the speed they were before but a lot more of them. Would like to see hordes of 10-20 zombies (randomly roaming zombies that can spawn anywhere ) and in towns zombies amount should be about 2-3 zombies per every building. This would give each town / area a scaleable and realistic amount of zombies.

As for spawning I think they should spawn at least 300m bubble randomly around the player or possibly have spawn zones in town buildings. More so if gun is fired. But there needs to be some element of cool down, hopefully there will be a lot more zombies in areas with buildings, and if cleared the area and in particular zone for an amount of time, say 10minutes in one area, zombies stop spawning in and you can clear them all out. Then they wont respawn until you leave the area and return a bit like the loot implementation. but the zones would have to be quite small and many zones all over the map scaled accordingly. For example NW airfield could have a few different zones that need clearing or staying in to prevent spawns.

Edited by AgentNe0

wow so much moaning, not enough facts. so i fresh spawned in the experimental servers earlier today, found me a helmet, some food and a cola, awesome, so now im kitted up i decide to hunt out infected for some EXTREEEEEEEME bare knuckle boxing. no lies, within 5 minutes i find one, on his own and not only that, he is wandering around aimlessly (as everybody would like them to be so good reason to check exp branch) so i sprint at it (across grass) and the thing doesnt notice me till i am within a sensible radius from him, but you know what, im ready for this (ERGHMAGHERD SUPER ZOMBIE IS GONNA INSTA RUIN EVERYTHING AND ONE PUNCH TYSON MY ARSE myth).

as he slooooowly turns round to aggro at me, i pre empt his super saiyan thoughts and aiming high i mash his head with two sift hooks, he falls, allowing me to pummel his head on the ground for 2 seconds he gets up i circle him, and go in with the haymaker... he dies... im like WTF IS WITH PEOPLE, maybe its just that i can play games well and other people cant. this hunt continues for another 3-4 zeds NONE of which hit me in all my match ups. then, THEN, i see a player run into a house i took to to find some food or other items, by this point i have a wrench on my back, just in case of a situation like this, as he wanders into the carpeted side of the big red house just before balota main town i run up on that punk and BAM baton his head in a good few times, lucky for him there is a baseball bat he managed to pick up as i go for him, knowing what people are like in the game i pre empt KOS with u guessed it PRE EMPTIVE kos. as im mercilessly bludgenoing the back of his head in, another player runs through the building (half in the floor i might add) aggroing a train of zombies at us. nice plan i thought, so i leave myh victim in search for the smart arse, cos i saw he had a gun. he sprints away knowing full well that i will bust his brains out for that weapon. as i chase him down freelooking to see that sadly the other victim did not attract the other zombies i break LoS of the new found victim and begin to bust the zombies in with the wrench (no time for playing here when a possible gunmen can take me down) as i beat off his pursuers, sure enough as expected, i hear a 22 shot whiz by... fuck the zombies i think, and run str8 at him. if hes that bad a shot to miss the first, likelihood is he will panick and run. and im right. morale of the story is QUIT WHINING AND MAKE THE BEST OF IT. its fixed when its fixed. zombies are great in exp so go go go

• Like 2

I personally wanted to test out the whole "ZEDS ARE SPAWNIN ON MEH WAAAH" theory so i shot a full clip of my assault rifle into the air in the middle of an airbase. And while i saw several zombies come at me from multiple angles none spawned ON me. Actually they were quite far from me.... i had time to stand still and pull out my fire axe of death and then proceeded to own the undead muthaf****as. So yeah no spawning on top of me at least.

start to run from them, and you'll see it happening.

• Like 1

start to run from them, and you'll see it happening.

If i run from them they will spawn on me?

If i run from them they will spawn on me?

on a 20 meters radius from you, above you sometimes.

I will test that the next time i die just to see for myself.

Edited by Murlough

wow really, they spawn on you even if you dont kill them, this is the stupidest thread iv seen now. literally im not even gonna keep email updates on itg anymore. kill the game why dont you

Ya I really dont see zombies as an issue - sure it would be nice if the pathing was right, itll come be patient or take a break already - ya spawning on top of you is funky but again they will fix that - if you cant handle the current zombies or they seem OP, you shouldnt be playing a zombie apoc. game, period, or at least practice with an axe for gods sake and if you still cant kill zombies, not the game for you

Edited by tiadashi

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to do their job or what should be done first. That said I will open with my opinion. The new changelog has made zombies overbearing. I had just killed three zombies with my M4 A-1. Then before my own eyes I saw them instantly re-spawn after I had killed them, making a quick 360 I see four more inbound. Now I was hit.... bleeding profusely I shoot like mad but to avail there is too many of them. I see the endless horde spawn before my very eyes. Too late I'm dead. I know we're going for a “more robust spawning method” but I don't think this should be the answer. The way I see it what we have is same # zombies less re-spawn time. “Normal” amount of zombies per town is maybe 1-2 zombies per block and instant re-spawn. But what I think (keep in mind I don't think my way is best it is just a suggestion) is more #zombies longer re-spawn time so maybe 2-3ish zombies per block and 3-5 minute re-spawn time. That way there will always be zombies in town but not an absolute swarm...this isn’t left 4 dead. I also noticed that these zombies are faster than previously. Even at full sprint they can still hit you. Yes I think they should run a bit faster for a challenge but I think they're a little too fast. It's hard to hit a leapfrog with a fire axe. The thing that got me the most is having a swarm of zombies hungry for your brains chasing you while you're bleeding your guts out and you can't bandage yourself without being piled on. You either run to death, bleed to death, or bandage yourself to death. One last note and I'm sure you've heard it many times before... I'd like to be safe inside a house without a zombie walking through the wall. Note this is highly opinionated and is not upheld a “the right way” this is only a suggestion. I am simply trying to let the developers hear an audience voice.    

May beans be with you

I think that when pathfinding is fixed, and if zombies are made to spawn out of sight, the respawning system is the only way to allow for large numbers of infected. People who ask for large numbers forget that it puts a strain on the server to keep track of large hordes if they all "exist" at the same time. While if they respawn you'd get the feeling of larger numbers, although there would only exist a few at a time.

So I'll repeat what I've said about respawning out of sight again (because since pathfinding is already worked on that doesn't need to be adressed).

Have the game track players' line of sight, and spawn the infected behind bushes, trees, buildings, walls and so on. If the player is in the middle of an open field with tall grass, have the infected spawn with a "standing up from prone" animation, as if they were lying around in the grass (which will allow the player to see the infected while it's standing itself up, and have a chance to put some distance between it and them if needed). Spawning behind a player like some games do should be avoided and might not be the best way to do it, since it can ruin immersion if you're turning fast and one second it's clear behind you and the next there's an infected there.

Now if this is done, I don't care if the infected are fast, aggressive, strong and downright bloody dangerous. I want the game to be damn difficult, rather than a literal walk in the park.

Edited by Strawman

You need to remember we are in the self entitlement era of gaming where the moment you put any money on a product it apparently gives you the right to bitch and moan even when warnings are popping up before you click the purchase button

think you forget this is alpha forum and feedback good, bad, ugly is needed and expected. Rather you or me agree or not with it.

The respawning is pretty awkward with it. Makes camping an area sometimes very difficult

i thought it was gone? 

zombies just stepped up a ladder of threat level

The respawning is pretty awkward with it. Makes camping an area sometimes very difficult

As it should
  • Like 1

Depends on what you're wearing. A lot of clothing provides different protection statistics.

• Like 1

Yeah I've found these since we updated to 0.43 a few weeks back  :huh:

Edited by tatchell