Sign in to follow this  
sabre05

The most intense thing ever.

This is the tale of how I became John Rambo in the most intense 25 minutes of my life.

I had just finished a Gorka run and was going to go due east to Berezino when I came across the house in the picture below:

Intense_zps8dc717ef.png

I saw what I thought was 1 player with a trail of a hand full of zombies so I proceeded carefully hiding behind the cover of bushes. When I got 50meters closer I realized that It was 4 players running together, I wasn't sure if they had fire arms, but they were running in my direction. So I saw no other choice than to kill them all. All I had on me was a Mosin Nagant with 2 rounds chambered and a fire fighters axe. I let 2 of them pass me then shot at the other 2. I hit both of them and they went down in 1 bullet whilst the other 2 ran for cover. After this I started taking Screenshots. 

I waited for about 5 minutes just looking around to see if they would loot their friends bodies. But they didn't. I knew they were still around though so I Ran back up the hill into the tree line for cover and decided to flank around the back to try and spot someone. I did. He was keeping a lookout and all I had was my axe.

2014-03-26_00002_zps12af2721.jpg

Thankfully he decided to eat a tin of beans whole and I sprinted to him and hit him with my axe 3 times. He was dead.

2014-03-26_00003_zps97580d53.jpg

From fear of him alerting his last remaining friend I quickly stole his M4 and proceeded back to my hill in an evergreen in the hopes that his friend would make a mistake and come to check the body.

A further 5 minutes past and I decided to yet again flank, this time down the hill to the left (Of where you see my position in the last screenshot). I ran for 200 yards and then crossed the roads in cover of bushes, peaking left and right for any onlookers. Slowly progressing down the road from bush to bush, training my aim on the trees, when finally my final victim showed signs of his whereabouts. Whilst I was peaking around a bush I saw him walk onto the road looking at his friend whom had the M4, then move back again. 

This was enough for me to move up slowly and wait in a bush for him to try and flank to my last known position for cover. As he ran with his sholder to the bushes I saw him draw ever closer. I waited until he could see me, he drew his SKS and then I shot him with 10 M4 bullets from his amigos stolen weapon.

2014-03-26_00004_zps068de649.jpg

Free to loot myself a hunting pack full off ammo and med supplies and 3 M4 double mags from my axe victim.Unfortunately so much time had past that I couldn't screenshot the first 2 kills and I hadn't thought of screenshotting them.

And this is the story of how I became John Rambo and decimated 4 players with minimal gear.

Edited by sabre05
  • Like 9

This is a gooder! I think every Dayz player gets excited when reading this kinda stuff. This is what makes this game so heart stopping. You are never too geared to be  out played.

Cool story bro (seriously) and very nicely documented.  

"I saw 4 players running towards me and saw no other way to kill them all" and "I let 2 of them pass and shot other 2" contradict themselves.

Anyway, nicely done. Little thinking and situational awareness can get you far in DayZ.

hehe.

lvar.gif

caught ya slippin! enjoy the respawn!

Edited by pacific_coast
  • Like 2

"I saw 4 players running towards me and saw no other way to kill them all" and "I let 2 of them pass and shot other 2" contradict themselves.

Anyway, nicely done. Little thinking and situational awareness can get you far in DayZ.

I was in a bush next to the road, the 4 of them were running down said road, I didn't want to risk shouting friendly or leaving them to walk on in case they (for some reason) doubled back which sometimes happened. I felt my safest course of action was to kill them, or scare them off by killing a few of them. 

I was in a bush next to the road, the 4 of them were running down said road, I didn't want to risk shouting friendly or leaving them to walk on in case they (for some reason) doubled back which sometimes happened. I felt my safest course of action was to kill them, or scare them off by killing a few of them.

Don't be ashamed - just say you killed them. It's the 'only course of action' comment that is the problem. You had others - you elected to shoot them - it's a sandbox, do as you like. People are just highly touchy around the acronym that we must not say, be bold...

• Like 2

Don't be ashamed - just say you killed them. It's the 'only course of action' comment that is the problem. You had others - you elected to shoot them - it's a sandbox, do as you like. People are just highly touchy around the acronym that we must not say, be bold...

There's a lot of grey area here where people try to pretend is black and white. Personally, I give the OP the benefit of the doubt on whether he felt he had no choice. People are getting too hung up on "the right way to play". There is no right way to play. There is playing the game well, which means surviving, which means mitigating risks. There is playing the game to have fun, which may mean surviving or may mean taking risks for amusement.

Here's an example that happened in my own game play.

-You roll up on the NEAF, approaching correctly so that you walk up behind the snipers. On the hill you see feet sticking out of a tree ahead of you from a prone sniper. You are alone, have no handcuffs, but you do have an SKS with plenty of ammo. The sniper obviously doesn't know you are there.

For survival, I only saw two options. Kill him or walk away. I wouldn't bother robbing in that situation as there is nobody to watch the player during my visit and no way to detain him long enough to do my business at the airport. So, a robbery means leaving anyway.

Killing the guy would have let me check out the airport in relative safety, assuming he didn't have a friend down there.

Then the "moral" questions. Was he a sniper just randomly killing people? Was he watching out for his friend in the airport? Well, robbing him would just open the threat from his friend. Killing him if he was watching out for his friend may not be cool, but if he is just sniping people, killing him would be good... No way to find out safely. I can't ask him and trust his answer without putting myself at serious risk.

Basically, the situations aren't clean. They aren't "this is right and this is wrong". That guy sitting on the hill with a sniper rifle may be killing players, he may be killing other snipers, he may be watching out for his friend, or he might have just killed a sniper and was checking the area to see if the sniper had a friend. There is no way to know, you just have to guess and act accordingly.

Nice story! Enjoyed reading that. And  :thumbsup:  for Thom Yorke avatar.

• Like 1