SomeCallMeNomad (DayZ)

What clothing set/weapons would you add if you could?

This!

And for the love of God DON'T MAKE THIS A PEASHOOTER LIKE IT WAS IN ARMA. Same for other armour piercing rounds with small calibre. Now the damage is based off the size of the bullet which is all wrong. Going by this system, a .50 BMG round thrown by hand is more dangerous than a 5.56 shot from an M4, it's ridiculous. It's all about the penetration (well, it's a factor  :D).

Never played ARMA so I don't know what the VSS was like on it, I did however play America's Army and this was my weapon day in and day out on the maps that it was available in.  It's truly a 1 shot 1 kill weapon from 400 yds or less...after 400 yds it starts dropping big time, do to it's sub-sonic ammo.  I rarely flipped it to auto because it's a beast to handle when it's unloading. No matter how hard you attempt to hold the rifle down as you're firing, it's going to climb. On semi setting, you can continue to scope and never have the target out of your scope like you would from other rifles because there's just about zero kick on single shot mode. You could drop a group of 6 players in no time because you didn't have to refocus the scope at the next target. Killed a lot of players in America's Army with it...1 bullet between the eyes...wish I would have kept track of how many head-shots I did in that game..I know it was a lot.

Here's the specs:

The VSS is normally fed from a 10-round magazine and fired semi-automatically. Should the operational need arise, the weapon can be used in fully automatic mode using either its original 10-round magazine or the 20-round magazines from the AS rifle.

It uses a heavy subsonic 9×39 mm SP-5 cartridge. Subsonic ammunition is used to avoid a sonic boom. The bullet is very effective at penetrating body armor. For this purpose it is equipped with a hardened steel or tungsten tip to penetrate a 6 mm (0.2 in) high-density steel plate at 100 m; a 2 mm (0.08 in) steel plate or a standard army helmet can be fully penetrated at 500 m; however, the rifle is typically employed under 400 m.

• Like 1

Too much 'Murica in this thread.

there is no such thing as too much murica!

I'd like to see any kind of roleplay clothing like a priests robe, doctors/nurse clothing, tuxedo, mechanics overall (blue, orange), firefighter uniform, police uniform, scouts clothing, different kind of civillian hunter dresses.

Weapons I'd like to see... all kind of craftable weapons.

Slingshots and bows mostly.

The Nota-Cola-Bola. (Can be thrown around neck or legs of your victim once throwing is in place.)

Rope + Nota Cola + Nota Cola = Nota-Cola-Bola

(works with Kvas and Spite also)

• Like 1

What would I love to see? take your pick from anything in TF2. (throwing jarate at zombies :D )

But realistically?

Clothes:

A WW2 style medic ballistic helmet

A medical vest (can only hold medical items, to discourage KoS'ers from using it to shoot people in the back)

Other holsters

A scabbard for a sawnoff or .22 or something along those lines (small primaries that don't contribute much so you can carry it in addition to that mosin/sks)

dusters, ponchos, trenchcoats (real THICK ones like the germans used in WW1 for protection in trench warfare) etc.

Armbands that show if you are friendly or not (mostly for medics so people don't shoot us on sight thinking we are bandits, also optional, not forced by some arbitrary morality system)

Eyepatches

Krevat military bandage worn as a bandanna solid snake style

Indiana Jones style Broad brimmed fedora

Outback hats (I just like the idea of a bandit clan dressed as  TF2 Characters, it would be so funny)

Weapons:

Swords/dagger/machete's that are actually decent

Remington 700 rifle

Remington 870 (I know it is already planned, yay!)

Thompson SMG

MP5

The B.A.R seems like a good choice, it actually seems plausible some allied WW2 weapons would find their way back to Russia and former soviet states what with all the fighting in those areas

AR-15 weapons platform, civilian model, not the m16.

Glock pistols (don't care what kind, just a glock)

SVD (I think this one is an obvious choice and is inevitable)

AKM and variants (Also planned)

PKM is always one of my favorites because of the chatter from it, not necessary, but would be fun

FN FAL and more modern variants (there is your battle rifles)

HK G3A1

9mm USP (would be nice, I love the USP, but I figure that is a pipe dream, just like the G36 and P90)

Sig sauer pistols

Not MANY more modern american weapons should be there, it makes sense to have the Beretta M92 and the m4/m16 due to the presence of the UN helmets and the US patches on the tactical shirts, indicating the presence of other countries trying to contain the infection before they all got eaten, so I can see having other foreign military weapons, especially China due to their population size and their former relations with the soviets and satellite states. That said there is a SORE lack of shotguns and I would love to see more shotty's and some useful .22 weapons

• Like 1

katana, wakizashi ,.....      just more knifes! and implement a backstab mechanic!

Basically, more civilian-type stuff would be welcome.

Clothes:

t-shirts

business suit

green medic scrubs

hair net

mechanic overalls

policeman uniform

fireman uniform

fireman helmet

tactical forces uniform

reading glasses

Weapons:

.38 revolver

ppsh-41

pickaxe

police baton

scalpel (for stealth kills-slicing necks)

garrote (for stealth kills-crushing necks)

What i would add is Russian spec-ops clothing, but for fuck's sake, make it so rare so this doesn't just turn into a tactical pewpew game. Add some nice western weapons, but make them rare too, very low spawn chances on normal military spawns and normal spawns at chopper crashes (if they're going to added back in). I just want to eventually look like this:

http://i013.radikal.ru/1101/f7/7afae7d4767b.jpg

Also, i would like to look like the people from S.T.A.L.K.E.R, specially the Loners, that have these ragged clothes and masks and all that good stuff. Oh, and give me and SVD too.

http://imagens.kboing.com.br/papeldeparede/12121stalker.jpg

• Like 1

I'd like to see a few things.

Weapons:

Karambit knife

KA-BAR knife

Throwing Knives (I doubt a mechanic could be made to make these useful for actually throwing, but I can dream)

OSV-96

M40 Rifle

Tabuk DMR

SVD Dragunov

M1903 Springfield 

Accuraccy International AWM

Accuracy International Arctic Warfare

Clothing:

DAK Greatcoat

Fingerless gloves.

Tacital uniforms, maybe Spec Ops related.

Rain capes; dark or camo colors, and an option to actually pull up the hood.

Individual balaclava, ranging from plain color to having more unique designs

If you could add your own clothing set, and/or weapon(s) to the game, what they be? Just curious

I'm less interested in specific clothing items. What I do care about is the fact that clothes still don'treally serve any purpose in the game. Raincoats, for example, still don't protect you from rain, and it doesn't really matter whether you walk around butt naked, because the health system isn't in place yet, and there's no way for you to get sick/damage yourself in any way from being too cold or hot. Heat stroke, anyone?

Basically, more civilian-type stuff would be welcome.

Clothes:

t-shirts

business suit

green medic scrubs

hair net

mechanic overalls

policeman uniform

fireman uniform

fireman helmet

tactical forces uniform

reading glasses

Weapons:

.38 revolver

ppsh-41

pickaxe

police baton

scalpel (for stealth kills-slicing necks)

garrote (for stealth kills-crushing necks)

LOL "Hair net"?

I'm less interested in specific clothing items. What I do care about is the fact that clothes still don'treally serve any purpose in the game. Raincoats, for example, still don't protect you from rain, and it doesn't really matter whether you walk around butt naked, because the health system isn't in place yet, and there's no way for you to get sick/damage yourself in any way from being too cold or hot. Heat stroke, anyone?

Raincoats don't protect you from rain that doesn't affect you?

wot??  <_<

Did you see the Rocket dev update video and roadmap?

Raincoats don't protect you from rain that doesn't affect you?

wot??  <_<

Did you see the Rocket dev update video and roadmap?

I did see it, but don't remember the specifics. It's been a few days, maybe a week, since I last fired up the game, and back then people were still posting pictures of soaked raincoats on reddit.

I did see it, but don't remember the specifics. It's been a few days, maybe a week, since I last fired up the game, and back then people were still posting pictures of soaked raincoats on reddit.

Yes but they have no effect on you so it's kind of moot right now. Dean said on the roadmap that weather and clothing is going to affect us (there's going to be snow too but unfortunately none on the ground), so I'm not sure what the issue is - they're not putting it in quickly enough for your taste?

Yes but they have no effect on you so it's kind of moot right now. Dean said on the roadmap that weather and clothing is going to affect us (there's going to be snow too but unfortunately none on the ground), so I'm not sure what the issue is - they're not putting it in quickly enough for your taste?

In my opinion, the game pretty much has all the clothing items it needs. Maybe proper winter clothing is something that should be added if anything. Anyways, as long as things are done properly, the faster, the better, right?