SomeCallMeNomad (DayZ)

What clothing set/weapons would you add if you could?

• shemagh and most of the outfits from the mod really. guns however I would go with the : rifles: Mini 14, FN FAL, DMR, Winchester. pistols: Makarov and g17 and ofcourse throw in a variety of melee weapons as well :)

Clothing:

Biker-Chaps/leather-pants:

uenuogfk4nsn.jpgqbiynpdp851t.jpg

Leg-holster for pistols, sawn-off-shotgun, Blaser 95 and Winchleg

peqdwiiq2652.jpg

Dusters, once the engine is ready/better:

1wayiudnw26.jpg

Poncho:

good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-clint-eastwood

poncho.jpg

Weapons:

Winchester 1895

+

W1895 Mare's Leg (sawn off)

Smith&Wesson Model 460 xvr

fa259zedwse.jpg

(Yeah, 50% serious, 50% bullshit)

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

Shemagh scarves

Improvised ghillie suit made of rags

Chernarusian police uniforms

overcoats

Old school army officer's hats (ww2 German and Russian)

Old army officer's boots (knee high boots)

Ballistic helmet with rails and nvg mounts

Vepr (polish bullpup Kalashnikov)

Ak74u

M249 saw

Remington 870 combat

Israeli Uzi

Dragunov svd

Any .50 cal anti vehicle rifle

Where would you find a Vepr? Or any 12.7mm anti-materiel rifle? (Even the KSVK is unrealistic.)

The SVD and Remington 870 are confirmed, although it's not the "Combat" version, and the Uzi/m249/(*see note)"AK74u" are plausible (M249 would probably be an FN Minimi though). 

*The correct name for the "AK74u" is the "AKS-74U" or sometimes "AKMSU", depending on the variant.

Has nothing to do with want. This game NEEDS balaclava / keffiyeh and at least 1 AK variant ASAP

• Like 1

Clothes

A set of backward-facing baseball caps, or the ability to turn the existing caps backwards.

Red Sox cap.

Some sort of reasonable backpack that's not neon pink.

A helmet with a flashlight fitted, or the ability to combine the current MICH helmet with the current headlamp.

Some sort of OD poncho.

Multicam stuff maybe.

Weapons

DSA FAL0120m.jpg

SR-25/AR-10/M110

CQBSS1sredit.jpg

G3

imagepopupb.jpg

M14 (of some variety)

11768_418605124829513_1763075983_n.jpg

DayZ needs more battle rifles.

Dude, why would a soviet-bloc country have these American weapons? It's a bit anachronistic to propose these. I agree woth more rifles, but having just the m4 is pushing it for realism :/

• Like 1

Dude, why would a soviet-bloc country have these American weapons? It's a bit anachronistic to propose these. I agree woth more rifles, but having just the m4 is pushing it for realism :/

/sigh

Many modern former Soviet and Eastern European countries use NATO weaponry. Including SCARs (Lithuania, Serbia, Croatia, Poland, etc), AR-10 variants (Germany, Latvia, Poland), and AR-15s (Georgia, Czech Republic, Croatia, Poland, Serbia, etc.) G3s and FALs are pretty ubiquitous these days as well. I doubt one would find a DSA FAL or railed G3 in Eastern Europe, but I doubt one would find a FNX, modified Kimber Warrior, or Mk II suppressed there either. To say nothing of vanilla FAL and G3 variants, which are present in Eastern Europe. Estonia ALONE has 40,000 M14's in surplus.

The US/UN was in Chernarus prior to the outbreak. So most US-issue weapons are plausibly to be found as rare items in Chernarus.

Realism doesn't apply explicitly to a fictional medium, see both maxims in my signature.

Czech company (the country upon which the landscape of Chernarus is based), Luvo Prague (http://www.luvo.cz/), manufactures kitted-out AR-10's and distributes Barrett products.

Take your pick. And either way, the title of the thread is "what would you add if you could", those are what I'd add.

And as an aside, anachronistic means "Erroneous in date, containing an anachronism, in a wrong time." Has nothing to do with the place.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Clothing I wanna see:

• Biker boots
  • Cowboy boots
  • Fingerless gloves
  • Confederate themed anything
  • Leather jackets (Not a biker jacket, but a nice dressy one)
  • Suits
  • Rhode's Style Holsters

Weapons I wanna see:

• Golf club
  • Nails + Baseball bat crafting
  • Boxing hand tape
  • Breakdown shotguns, singleshot
  • MP5
  • Glock .45
  • AK-47
  • AKM
  • AK-74u
  • Any hunting rifle
  • BOWS! (can't wait for dem PVC bows)
  • Lever-action rifles

/sigh

Many modern former Soviet and Eastern European countries use NATO weaponry. Including SCARs (Lithuania, Serbia, Croatia, Poland, etc), AR-10 variants (Germany, Latvia, Poland), and AR-15s (Georgia, Czech Republic, Croatia, Poland, Serbia, etc.) G3s and FALs are pretty ubiquitous these days as well. I doubt one would find a DSA FAL or railed G3 in Eastern Europe, but I doubt one would find a FNX, Kimber Warrior, or Mk II suppressed there either. To say nothing of vanilla FAL and G3 variants, which are present in Eastern Europe. Estonia ALONE has 40,000 M14's in surplus.

The US/UN was in Chernarus prior to the outbreak. So most US-issue weapons are plausibly to be found as rare items in Chernarus.

Realism doesn't apply explicitly to a fictional medium, see both maxims in my signature.

Czech company (the country upon which the landscape of Chernarus is based), Luvo Prague, manufactures kitted-out AR-10's and distributes Barrett products.

Take your pick. And either way, the title of the thread is "what would you add if you could", those are what I'd add.

While your logic makes sense.

I doubt the majority of people here would wan't to see some of the weapons listed.

Sr25, and the ebr probably don't have a chance in hell of being added.

More civilian gear and way, way, way less military gear.  I don't want to play an updated ARMA, I want DayZ.

• Like 6

While your logic makes sense.

I doubt the majority of people here would wan't to see some of the weapons listed.

Sr25, and the ebr probably don't have a chance in hell of being added.

I don't care what the majority of folks want, I care what I want. The title of the thread wasn't, "What do you think everyone wants in the game" nor was it "What do you want that's plausible in the game," in which cause I would've posted the same thing regardless.

And seeing as Torchia recently spotted a kitted out Luvo AR-10 in a local weapons shop in Prague, I'd say it's perhaps the most likely of all of them. I'd much rather he put in a 16"-20" AR-10 than fool around with a mid-length AR-15 like he expressed interest in.

People posted pink chainsaws for fuck's sake, and my post wanting battle rifles gets the ire?

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 2

I don't care what the majority of folks want, I care what I want. The title of the thread wasn't, "What do you think everyone wants in the game" nor was it "What do you want that's plausible in the game," in which cause I would've posted the same thing regardless.

And seeing as Torchia recently spotted a kitted out Luvo AR-10 in a local weapons shop in Prague, I'd say it's perhaps the most likely of all of them. I'd much rather he put in a 16"-20" AR-10 than fool around with a mid-length AR-15 like he expressed interest in.

People posted pink chainsaws for fuck's sake, and my post wanting battle rifles gets the ire?

I know I am just giving you an explanation as to why every time you make a gun suggestion there are always half a dozen replies asking wtf immediately.

• Like 1

I know I am just giving you an explanation as to why every time you make a gun suggestion there are always half a dozen replies asking wtf immediately.

Because people have a warped conception of where DayZ is situated (i.e. Chernarus), and a warped perception of modern real-world weapon distribution/usage.

We can discuss likelihood that the developers will include a lot of the stuff I'm suggesting, I doubt they will. But that's not going to stop me from advocating for weapons that I believe to be useful.

But the main default reaction of "this is a post-Soviet/Eastern European/Russian state! These areas are completely bereft of these weapons! WTF?" is completely irrelevant from both a fictional and "realistic" perspective. Moreover, anyone discarding the mere premise of these weapons whilst at the same time embracing the current lineup of weapons (i.e. M4A1 w/ "Western" accessories, M1911, Amphibian S, FN FNX) is a hypocrite.

Either way, I don't WAN'T another pure effing post-Soviet apocalypse. The STALKER franchise exists. The Metro 2033 franchise exists. And even those incorporate NATO or fictional weaponry into their fiction.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 3

I'd love to see the R700 and SVD. Furthermore, I'd like a bright blue UN vest with 4-6 slots and more protection than the press vest and layered clothing. And fingerless gloves and a bandana that doesn't cover the hair for pure bad ass.

Edited by The End.
  • Like 1

dr. scrubs

mechanics overalls

hockey masks

medic vests

Robes

pajamas

police uniforms

inmate uniforms

hazmat suits

non-lethal net shooting gun

spears, throwable

riot shield (2 handed)

flare gun

sword (katana)

Bo-staff

nunchuks

blowdarts+gun

smoke grenade

pepper spray

+ An infinite fucking number, because this post is a great contribution not only to the forums, but also to us, the forum community. :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: :beans: B) Mods! Devs! LOOK AT THIS SHIT! :D

Edited by Николай13

More civilian gear and way, way, way less military gear.  I don't want to play an updated ARMA, I want DayZ.

But DayZ is just an updated ARMA.

• Like 1

/sigh

Many modern former Soviet and Eastern European countries use NATO weaponry. Including SCARs (Lithuania, Serbia, Croatia, Poland, etc), AR-10 variants (Germany, Latvia, Poland), and AR-15s (Georgia, Czech Republic, Croatia, Poland, Serbia, etc.) G3s and FALs are pretty ubiquitous these days as well. I doubt one would find a DSA FAL or railed G3 in Eastern Europe, but I doubt one would find a FNX, modified Kimber Warrior, or Mk II suppressed there either. To say nothing of vanilla FAL and G3 variants, which are present in Eastern Europe. Estonia ALONE has 40,000 M14's in surplus.

Czech company (the country upon which the landscape of Chernarus is based), Luvo Prague (http://www.luvo.cz/), manufactures kitted-out AR-10's and distributes Barrett products.

And as an aside, anachronistic means "Erroneous in date, containing an anachronism, in a wrong time." Has nothing to do with the place.

Okay you have a fair point that it's not ridiculously implausible to find these, but these should be incredibly rare items. It shouldn't become like the mod where everyone is running around with these foreign weapons that just shouldn't be around in that quantity. And as said above, it doesnt match the look and feel of the game so far and I doubt players would want to see these.

But also, I used the term anachronistic as the weapons you are suggesting all appear very very modern whilst a very basic, backward east bloc country would likely be many decades behind technology wise. Just look at how they all use russian vehicles designed in the mid cold war. So I was applying "anachronistic" in this case to emphasise how these weapons just don't look like they match up with the weapon style of the game, with an apparent "error in period" between the two, if you want to go super pedantic on me [sigh].

Edited by tatchell

Either way, I don't WAN'T another pure effing post-Soviet apocalypse. The STALKER franchise exists. The Metro 2033 franchise exists. And even those incorporate NATO or fictional weaponry into their fiction.

1. neither Stalker nor Metro is multiplayer

2. It's fair that you don't want post-Soviet apocalypse, but then you probably play wrong game.

3. Stalker has quite lot of Nato weaponry, Metro not so much, maybe not even a single one. Would not make sense since main calibre of Metro guns is 5,45x39.

All in all, nobody can take away your right to have opinion. 

It's just that as oposed to plain ridiculous ideas of having pink chainsaws etc, your ideas are plausible. This fact can provoke negative response from players, who like the mood of post-Soviet apocalypse.

I think that we already have ton of western gear oriented games, as it is.

DayZ is unique also thanks to it's settings and I would hate to see it flooded with modern and tacticool NATO weaponry.

And yes, I realise you might not give two $hits about what I think  B)

• Like 4

Okay you have a fair point that it's not ridiculously implausible to find these, but these should be incredibly rare items. It shouldn't become like the mod where everyone is running around with these foreign weapons that just shouldn't be around in that quantity. And as said above, it doesnt match the look and feel of the game so far and I doubt players would want to see these.

But also, I used the term anachronistic as the weapons you are suggesting all appear very very modern whilst a very basic, backward east bloc country would likely be many decades behind technology wise. Just look at how they all use russian vehicles designed in the mid cold war. So I was applying "anachronistic" in this case to emphasise how these weapons just don't look like they match up with the weapon style of the game, with an apparent "error in period" between the two, if you want to go super pedantic on me [sigh].

Yeah, I didn't mean to be a grammar Nazi. The proper usage would be incoherent/incongruous, or just "out of place."

Of course, I'm suggesting these weapons should be rare. Not common.

"...it doesnt match the look and feel of the game so far and I doubt players would want to see these", after I've made my case... this is always where people go. It doesn't match the "look and feel" of the game. Did it not match the "look and feel" of the game in ARMA, in DayZ mod? I never had an issue with these weapons in either game. Because they're both fictional, and within said fiction, the presence of these weapons is explained.

"Look and feel" of the game is subjective at best (nothing wrong with that, but you can't suppose something subjective as objective).

I just fail to see how finding a very rare AR-10/SCAR/M14 every now and again somehow breaks immersion. Bear in mind, I'm not saying that we should REMOVE Warsaw Pact weapons. I like them just as much as the next guy. They're in the game and more are on the way (AKM and SVD). They aren't going away.

Edited by Katana67

VSS and I'd throw all my other weapons away. (Mosin, 45, 357...hmm...might keep my axe)  They should also make the VSS come apart so you can pack it in your backpack.  This is 1 all around weapon here....deadly to 400 yds...single or auto select.  Problem with auto select is the gun wants to climb as you're firing, so if you're shooting at someone in a house..you need to aim at their knee caps THEN pull the trigger....it'll run right up their body and about cut them in two!  The scope screen takes some getting use to with the chart built into the lens but she's a perfect weapon.  If Russia would allow exporting them, I'd get a class III license just to own one of these bad boys! 
  VSS_IRL.jpg

Edited by River Lizard
  • Like 3

VSS and I'd throw all my other weapons away. (Mosin, 45, 357...hmm...might keep my axe)  They should also make the VSS come apart so you can pack it in your backpack.  This is 1 all around weapon here....deadly to 400 yds...single or auto select.  Problem with auto select is the gun wants to climb as you're firing, so if you're shooting at someone in a house..you need to aim at their knee caps THEN pull the trigger....it'll run right up their body and about cut them in two!  The scope screen takes some getting use to with the chart built into the lens but she's a perfect weapon.  If Russia would allow exporting them, I'd get a class III license just to own one of these bad boys! 

VSS_IRL.jpg

This!

And for the love of God DON'T MAKE THIS A PEASHOOTER LIKE IT WAS IN ARMA. Same for other armour piercing rounds with small calibre. Now the damage is based off the size of the bullet which is all wrong. Going by this system, a .50 BMG round thrown by hand is more dangerous than a 5.56 shot from an M4, it's ridiculous. It's all about the penetration (well, it's a factor  :D).

• Like 2

Riot Gear

Zombie Makeup (imagine the lulz if you could look like a zombie)

Bikini because why not

Horse head mask

Hunting vests, some dove/duck hunting vests to be exact, the ones I use have a large pouch in the back for the doves, which could also be used to store a pretty good amount of stuff, but to balance it they could be blaze orange. As for weapons I would also say more civilian weapons, like old S&W mp revolvers, an over/under shotgun would be nice, maybe even old Winchester 1897's, if they could make them fit into the lore. A .357 lever action rifle seems like it would fit in nicely, even a flare gun. I clearly love lots of weapons in games, but I also think that new weapons should be some of the last things they focus on, since other stuff is way more important currently.