Enderct

What to do with cheaters?

Every day we found a cheater/glitcher in our server. People with teleport, infinite bullets in their magazines, usen 3º person to see through the walls, or entering in buged parts of the buildings to kill people safely. 

The only thing as server admins we can do is kick EVERYONE from the server, as we don't know the cheaters name. 

Thanks to the last changes in the game, those who are kicked continue for 30 seconds in the server, but completely helpless. With the last patch, we have more zombies, and they are faster, stronger, and they smell people like lions a wounded gazelle in the Serengeti....so some of them die before they definitely leave the server. 

When this poor guys try to reconect to another server, they find themselves in Solnichniy, sunbathing on the beach, so, what they do? They report our server for kicking people, and the hosting company gives us warnings for kicking. 

In our case, one warning more and we will lose the server we have paid for!

So, where is the point of renting Dayz servers? Day Z servers are quite expensive to waste money this way....

So, this is my question,  what can we do as server admins? Because with these rules the only thing you're going to get is that people do not pay to have a game server. And without servers, what is the future of gaming?

• Like 8

I think the only weapon in your arswenal is to kick them

Keep doing that for now.

She has very nice tits btw.

But i suggest you change your profile picture

Because trouble will come for you.

She has very nice tits btw.

But i suggest you change your profile picture

Because trouble will come for you.

Ok, thanks. It was my gravatar 'avatar', I didn't chose it for this forum. 

Ok, thanks. It was my gravatar 'avatar', I didn't chose it for this forum. 

No problem,just a word of advice.

I have a hunch,that your other forums have intreasting content :lol:

• Like 3

No answers? There isn't any solution to this problem? Unfortunately, I didn't see any interest from Bohemia to solve it..... is more important to get the next collection of clothes for the summer time.....

THey have to allow private servers, thats all that can be immediately* done. The bugs causing the problems is on the devs to resolve, as for hacker's, battle eye seems on the ball to kick people for files that have probably downloaded wrong, but had a definite hacker ourselves in one server. They were invincible, shot twice maybe 3 times, 1 with the mosin twice with the M4, hit with a pitch fork twice and still, they  kept running around bleeding for 5mins, hit with a baseball bat and punched a couple of times, they never bandaged still they kept going..... Ended up knocking us both out with there fists and took our gear. Anyways, i say private servers,  it may be against the "rules now, but at the end of the day, this game is alpha, they can revert it back once its finished, making servers open only at this time is not only needless and pointless but also with all the numerous problems of fresh spawn KOS's, bugs hackers and everything else i say for now, private servers should be allowed. Then, you can have a vetting* sorta thing were you can allow people on one at a time, if they are a hacker or a complete tool, kick and gone, also it fits in with the alpha testing that they apparently want us doing. Think il post this in suggestions too. tough if its already been mentioned as well, lol. Before i get, *search bar crying* comments ;). 

Edited by Mr Sinister

Also, for definite, name tags, so if people are hacking you know who the f they are. That would help, just a tiny bit huh, since at the moment you have no way of knowing who they are even. Quite disgruntled myself at the mo with this i have to say. 

You rent a server for 50€/month -> cheaters/hackers/bugers enter and do what they want -> you don't know who the f*** is, so you kick everybody -> you get 30 reports of kicking people -> You lose your server and money

That's how it works Day Z.

The main argument is right on point. The rules are double sided, you can kick people for cheating but you can't prove they're cheating... I've stopped kicking people entirely and I'm still getting flagged. I've come to find out there is no check system, recently we started kicking people from team speak who aren't even playing on the server, the next day the game servers getting flagged... And all I can do is send a nasty email saying I've done nothing and have no way to prove the nothing I've done. Server owners she'll out big bucks and have zero rights, I understand there are better things to be working on but seriously, we're contributing by paying our own money to help out on a monthly basis.

• Like 2

What to do with cheaters?  Yeah I know what you'd like to do. You'd like to find the guy who did it, rip his still beating heart out of his chest and hold it in front of his face so he can see how black it is before he dies.

What to do with cheaters?  Yeah I know what you'd like to do. You'd like to find the guy who did it, rip his still beating heart out of his chest and hold it in front of his face so he can see how black it is before he dies.

More or less ..

Seems you can't do anything. I took down my server as I'm not wasting my money until server owners can deal with hackers, cheaters, so on so forth, it's ridiculous. But, hey.. Playing in other peoples servers is just as easy I guess.

• Like 3

Beans to you.

My server is also coming down when the payment comes due.

I pay, therefore I should have the right to kick any dumbass I want.

• Like 4

Why don't the hosting companies just ignore the reports for now? Surely they know what's going on, it would make sense to me.

• Like 1

This is the flipside of reporting servers that kick people so the owners can loot everything themselves.

The only way I can see something being workable is there being a message in chat when a player dies and who their killer was. That and only that is shown, no location etc, just a kill message.

That would give Admins the opportunity to identify the potential cheater. 

Unfortunately it still won't stop the reports to GSP's who can issue warnings etc

• Like 1

I totally sympathize with you guys. As a player who depends on your kindness - and I thank ALL the server hosts - I agree there should be some way for admins and players to gather evidence for a fair review. I am seeing more and more server hosts violating the ToS; some, no doubt, for the reasons you mention. Perhaps something like a location/player dump file that can be reviewed. For instance, I'm assuming if you believe someone is cheating, you must be in proximinity to them in game to see the suspious activity. With the dump file, you'd have something to support your claim, as you'd have your location and any players around you.

I, too, have experienced a person who took three clips point blank and was finally axed to death (from me and two of my mates). A friend and I were also kicked from a server (3 times) and there was only 1 other person on that server. I have to believe they were the admin who was kicking us. In another situation, yesterday two friends and I were running through the forrest, and I would suddenly freeze for over 30 seconds, then I would 'teleport' a hundred meters away, and we would get separated. An admin might think that fishy, eh? I froze like this several times, and once I unfroze just before a zombie nailed me. So, glitching might not all be malicious.

A dump file, with the server info, player names and locations, time, and a few other bits of info should be an easy programming feat. It would help both server admins and players with evidence of misdeeds or false accusations. It might take a little time to identify cheaters, but even if they moved to other servers, and they were caught there, their names would start to build a rap sheet.

And, it would help protect you guys, as a complaint to the server company would have to be accompanied by the dump file.

And, as a player, if I was kicked for no reason, I could do a dump file to show server abuse. And invincible players would not last long if they were reported several times by multiple people.

I really hate to see an adversarial relationship develop between server hosts and pubbies because of a few bad apples. A dump file would be in all our best interests.

It's just that simple as it already was mentioned: a short info of who killed whom so that admins can identify and kick them and giving admins the option to decide who's allowed to play on their servers (with a ban, at least for the own server).

My opinion you pay for a private server out of your own cash its your own server to do what you want with it. Private servers are easy to spot and avoid. if you want to pay whatever a month to be able to loot best gear solo then so be it, Im suprised a company is biting the hands that feed it and punishing private server hosts at all

My opinion you pay for a private server out of your own cash its your own server to do what you want with it. Private servers are easy to spot and avoid. if you want to pay whatever a month to be able to loot best gear solo then so be it, Im suprised a company is biting the hands that feed it and punishing private server hosts at all

If people could rent a Private server then that's fine, however all servers at the moment are Public and connect to the Public Hive.

Private Server + Private Hive - Have your own rules & loot as much as you like.

Public Server + Public Hive - Follow the BI terms of service <<< This is what we have at the moment.

You rent the server hardware/game software, you never own it.

• Like 2

hello there

TBH for many casual system admins you shouldn't be renting a server.

Many of you are arguing as if the game has been fully released. It hasnt.

This is a TEST phase, luckily for you the game is in a playable enough state that you can get on and enjoy yourself.

if you rent a server you MUST abide by the rules given.

If you cannot abide those rules DO NOT rent a server.

Its very simple.

The rules will relax and change as we get closer to release.

I KNOW this situation causes issues, we are all aware of them but this is the situation and one has to adapt to it.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 3

What to do with cheaters....Killt hem on sight if you have proof of them cheating, try and get photos/video footage and post it to the right people to get them banned. No one likes a cheater in a game epically if its soley a multiplayer game

• Like 1

...Im suprised a company is biting the hands that feed it and punishing private server hosts at all

I suspect keeping people to their promises, and keeping the game fair for the far larger group who purchased the game is in their better interests. Likely after the game is released, private servers on private networks won't be an issue.

As an example, a friend and I were on a server one day, and there were only three of us on the server. Suddenly, the server started resetting about every 15 min or so. We headed to the NE airfield for some fresh loot, but found the third person there. We watched as he moved from one end of the base to the other, and when he reached the end... Server restart. After a few more of these cycles, we decided we were going to try and take him out, but just as we set the trap, he left the airfield. Apparently he got what he was looking for. When we got to the hangar, we saw all the loot he dumped to finish up a sniping kit.

You could say he paid for the server, he has a right to do that. But what would take 99% of the rest of the players weeks to gather, risking Zombies, Bandits and glitches, this guy did in an hour or so.

So, the take-away, for me, is Bohemia doesn't want their public servers to be used as purchased 'hacks'.

• Like 1

Why don't the hosting companies just ignore the reports for now? Surely they know what's going on, it would make sense to me.

Because a lot of people who rent servers want "private servers" connected to the main hive, and just start kicking everyone.

hello there

TBH for many casual system admins you shouldn't be renting a server.

Many of you are arguing as if the game has been fully released. It hasnt.

This is a TEST phase, luckily for you the game is in a playable enough state that you can get on and enjoy yourself.

if you rent a server you MUST abide by the rules given.

If you cannot abide those rules DO NOT rent a server.

Its very simple.

The rules will relax and change as we get closer to release.

I KNOW this situation causes issues, we are all aware of them but this is the situation and one has to adapt to it.

Rdgs

LoK

It's not hard to add nametags admins can view, I know this is not the priority at all right now, very understandable.. resources need to be on developing the game.

But.. and this is a big BUT.. servers should not be sold to customers if they are >NOT< functioning properly, sounds like milking them out.

Hey, I'm a DayZ fanboy tbf.. I'll be the first one to defend why zombies are still clipping throught walls since the mod but I'm not agreeing to this server thing.. people pay a lot of money for those and a functioning "kick" option shouldn't be too hard to ask for, else.. don't sell your servers. Just my 2 cents on this.

Edited by mrlaxx