Enderct

What to do with cheaters?

Beans to you.

My server is also coming down when the payment comes due.

I pay, therefore I should have the right to kick any dumbass I want.

When I come across you in game. I won't shoot you.

Make it rain!! (Beans)

one day a hacker have see my name and have ask me "are you german?" i have say "yes". he have trust me and let me live just because of that Oo.what a fucking fasho

after that he have ask the next freshspawn. that was my chance to punch the hacker in the face XD. but he have break our legs.

we need anti hacker hackers. or moderatorslots for the servers with spectatormode. i dont know

I'm just really pissed about them not releasing the server software yet. I don't know what's holding them up either. Can't get a straight answer directly from them on the matter.

But as a server admin, something needs to be done to identify users. Nametags, or some form of persistant ID tag of some kind.

Normally I agree with the concept, "If you want it private and do what you want, put it on a private hive" ... But not in this case, as we as admins, don't have the godamn tools we need to manage these.

It would be different if these were 10-20$ a month rentals. Who cares! But the server rental prices are downright stupid!

I promise this much, the second the server software is out (They've at least confirmed to me that it IS coming) I'll host these things at a much better price (I sysadmin an ISP, resources aren't an issue)

Sorry for the rant, but I know what it's like to admin a system, get your balls crushed from both directions, and not have a single damn tool at your disposal to deal with the situation... Meanwhile decent money is being pissed away.

And yes I know... Alpha alpha....

But this is real money being pissed away. Release the software so people can come up with their own solutions at the very least. Convincing hosting companies to drop prices because "Alpha!" ain't going to happen.

You signed up to the DayZ server rules.  If you no longer agree with them, stop renting it...

• Like 1

Problem with private servers is they can be reset over and over to gear up and/or hackers and cheaters get their own and gear up...then go to public servers. Pandora's Box is what that becomes, unless you can not go to public servers with a toon geared on a private one.

Oh I agree... I signed up for the rules...

What I didn't sign up for was bullshit cheaters on the server, that I am powerless to deal with. They should nicely put that in the print "Sorry but as a renter, you have no power over cheaters, so if they ransack your server, too bad. You can't stop them or your hosting company will stomp you"

I too have to agree, I've seen BE kicking a shit-ton of legit users for stupid reasons, but I've never seen it nail a single hacker thus far, and the numbers are growing, not shrinking.

Yes it's all Alpha stupidities, I know. But have a consistant public server release, just as you do with a client release. Or give admins the means to properly target a problem individual. They abuse the power, THEN the hosting company can stomp them legitimately.

Sorry for the whining, I know this will eventually get fixed, but it's a pretty damn basic request. I'd like to use my mouse and keyboard with the game, oh look they got that implemented...

I've seen 3 hackers get global banned via our server, although non recently, but it's the usual cat and mouse affair with all anti-cheat systems.

The game is so in it's infancy that the tools just aren't ready or there yet but they will appear eventually.

If you feel you're pissing money down the drain then you need to stop renting a server and wait. If you can't wait and you're aware of the conditions that Administrating a server currently brings, then you can't complain as you knew before signing up.

We all want what you want, but you have to be patient as we're all very aware development isn't the speediest with this game.

• Like 1

This is the major drawback with DayZ not telling you the names of other players, really the only solution is to give a "you where killed by NAME" message upon death.

I don't want to see Player killed player  spamming on my screen all the time whenever someone kills someone. Also what is the point of "check pulse" option if you see that msg and able to know if the person "Death" or "Unconscious" from miles away.

There are reasons Why "Player Kills" not showing up. This ain't BF or COD at the end of the day, you should not know Who killed you or Who you killed unless you check their body via pulse or by interacting them.

From Server Admin point of view, there are already server logs that you can see "who killed who" if you check  Server logs , you can also see player names and GUIDS with IPs. Only missing feature for admins atm is "detailed server logs "  (Loot creation/Player's Loot Action and Scripts) If they have some sort of different invalid ones.

Also as far as i can see, not any one here complaining about "Server Rules" but they are complaining about lack of admin features and detailed logs.

Eventhough you can never stop cheaters,  you have to trust BE's ban waves and hopefully VAC will be implemented as well along with BE on release or on Beta.

For now just bear with BE and report any  obvious cheater activity on Clan Forums.  (If you give your in-game name to an admin, he can see who killed you, only if you're sure that was obvious cheater).

DayZ is a different kind a game and imo should have its own servers and servers should not be rentable and server files should be kept locked. It should follow the way of MMO's. But don't think BIS has enough manpower and system in place to do that . So there starts the problem for Admins and Players.  

Servers are not cheap, clans have members/donators wants reserved slot as they donate, but all of these can't work with DayZ as the rules and the game itself.

Edited by =1PARA=Prime=C.O=

Honestly you cannot do anything until they either start allowing 3rd party programs to run on the servers so you may obtain GUID's and forward them to BE and other server hosts to ban from their server or implement tools into the ACP's which allow you to obtain and ban GUID's.

Or we should be able to download the server files for free since we've already payed 24€ for the game I dont see why we should be able to just get the server files aswell and host private servers of our own some of us/most of us have powerfull dedi's and VPS' which would be able to come in handy for once...

Edited by Hybris

Or we should be able to download the server files for free since we've already payed 24€ for the game I dont see why we should be able to just get the server files aswell and host private servers of our own some of us/most of us have powerfull dedi's and VPS' which would be able to come in handy for once...

Paying 24€ does not mean you have the right to host your own server. There are reasons you can't currently host your own servers and it has been discussed lengthy.

I'm not sure, seeing as you're new here, but did you miss all the Tweets and Posts from the Devs in various social media, interviews and blogs that outline why there's no private server files yet?

You could have a Cray super computer for all the good it'll do you when the server files are not ready for public release

They are worried about Admin abusing the power.. Yet these servers will rapidly become no fun to play on and die.. The quality servers we are all trying to set up and play on need to have admin powers.  At the very least I would like the ability to log in and ghost over top of random players and watch for those teleporting cheats and know who I am following.. My communities server is currently off as of tonight due to a clan of 5 with teleportation hacks dropped our server population from 40 to 19 in a matter of 15 minutes.  This is becoming a huge problem.. Not sure what the future will bring but as long as its going to be allowed to happen ODG will no longer play :(  It loses the grab the game has.. hours of travel, hours and days of collecting to have someone pop in front of your face out in the middle of nowhere and kill you?  Sorry.. It would be an easy fix for Bohem.. It would be very easy to video all cheaters before they are kicked so we have justification of the kick/ban.. that would be our responsibility to do as admin..

By the time they allow the quality communities the power to handle this garbage there will be little to no community left.. sad to say.. and the game is far from release..

Take care all,

Skez

• Like 1

I can understand both sides, either the Dayz Staff and either the Admins that rent the servers

But i want to side with the Admins for a few reasons.

First of all I've been a beta tester on closed beta on BF3, a game completely different but I hope my words will have much weight.

"Rules are rules, if you aren't ok with it, don't accept anything" ok...i've readed and accept! But now go ahead to my considerations...

But here we are talking about "Renting a Server", that even if the leaseholder  has to respect the rules, it's a source of benefit and profit for the Dayz Staff.

-"Profit" because it's a 50 $ extra per month, equal to much more to a copy of the pre-alpha game and for sure close to the final price of the game will be

-"Benefit" because Dayz staff might receive FEEDBACKS from ingame players, in particual those belongs to clans, and they can give serious reports about bugs, glitches or cheating abuse. Yes! because through people that are working on team, it is possibly to identify more easily the problems of the game, and through admin and working on group to identify if someone is cheating and "Refresh everything" through a general kick.

...General Kick because it's a problem of the game, there's no way to kick the right player

So more than a not respecting rule, it's much more a defect on the form rule:

Because if i pay a copy of the game and also a server rent, that is much more expensive than a copy of the game...You would like to be self protected from glitch abusers and cheaters. And as DEVs didn't improve enough checking system to verify who is cheating and not, leaseholders "SHALL" as most important source of in game testing, be able to at least kick everyone for a suspected cheater, because there's a defect on the form rules.

An example? Tomorrow i'm gonna cheat on game, nobody will know who I am because if in the worse case I'll die, i'm gonna quit and being Unknow Entity....

But beside that... I get kicked with everyone on the servers and all people will FLAG the server.

A man on wrongoing flag a server? What the?! Probably the other players can do the flag because they have been kicked without a reason. But the game is incomplete and full of defect. So that as DAYZ staff is no responsable for the losing of your char because of the status of the game, I don't understand why this thing should be justifyed, for abuse power admins? There's no responsabilty for losing a char but there is for who is leasholder of the server?

If i want to make my server private "NOW" and kicking everyone to make an event on my server, with my clanmates, i'm free to do it"!

These rules given by the staff shall be adopted once the game reaches a more advanced status.

ADMINS, CLANS and RENT servers are the main source of benefit and profit....devs get money from them and also probably serious topics about suggestion and technical problems of the game, as things can be tested on many....Not like those hundreds of repitetive topics with ideas like "ADD A LVL SYSTEM PLS"

"The single player of this game won't make the difference, but is the community and a self made group that makes a great game. If you don't give them a way to self protect themselves and instead they gonna be pouched, Dayz Staff will lost an important part of the community"

Example? on these 2 pages i've read 2 groups won't rent anymore a server:

-Profit lost: 600$ ( 50 $ x 12 months) ....2 groups: 1200$

-Benefit lost: People humor goes down, they will go play other servers without care how develpment will go on and how they can improve it, as they don't fell gratify of their efforts and not protected

Sorry for my bad english, peace!

Edited by GunnyITA

-"Profit" because it's a 50 $ extra per month, equal to much more to a copy of the pre-alpha game and for sure close to the final price of the game will be

Please check your facts before posting. Neither DayZ Staff nor BIS is making any money from serverhosting. You're renting the servers from Gameserverproviders, not from BIS.

Please check your facts before posting. Neither DayZ Staff nor BIS is making any money from serverhosting. You're renting the servers from Gameserverproviders, not from BIS.

Sorry i tought the contrary, my bad.

Anyway i still think that defect on the rule still exist.

These poor guys does not have anymore the server because they can't protect themselves from cheaters. Why shall i have a my own server then?

Community and rented servers with lot of clans inside are the main source to have better in game feedbacks!

Edited by GunnyITA

Anyway i still think that defect on the rule still exist.

These poor guys does not have anymore the server because they can't protect themselves from cheaters. Why shall i have a my own server then?

Community and rented servers with lot of clans inside are the main source to have better in game feedbacks!

All this will come and eventually change. It's all kept a secret because of Alpha / Early Access at the moment. Can't expect anyone to release all their serverfiles at this stage.

This seems like a rather large issue to me... As somebody who DOESN'T host a server It is easily seen even by me that both parties (players and hosters) are losing out by this... Is this on high priority for the Devs or something that isn't as "gamebreaking" as some other things that are yet to be worked on?

There is exploiters and then there is just plane hackers. 

Exploiters are people who really know the game mechanics or learned from some one else and are able to find loop holes or things to make the game easier for them selves. Like using player bandwith to determine if someone is close to you, server hoping, seeing through walls in 3rd person, using artificial barriers for cover ect ect. In every pvp game I have ever player in my life there are people who do this much more often then not. Many people do this and will never admit to it. They will come to the forums and complain about it,  then do it them selves. Online gamers are some of the biggest hypocrites I have ever seen anywhere, there's a real false since there real IDs are not known so they can get away with and say anything the feel like saying.   It is not really considered cheating maybe border line, its hard to prove, it is exploiting broken or weak game mechanics to your advantage. Not much anyone can do about it, its really up to the devs to fix these weak spots in the game. But it will always go on.

Hackers are different. These people are changing or making tweaks to the game engine it self, changing scripts, and running 3rd party soft ware. It kind of worry's me sometimes. What if the can do more then that, like snag player IPs. This is a real concern and I hope that the devs are looking into this. Look what happened to SONY online a few years ago, millions of player got there personal info taken including card info...Which resulted in legal action.....serously bad for sony. In game hacking is just the begining of how this sort of thing starts.    

It's mainly the developers job to protect players form hackers and fix weak spots in the game which create game exploits. Its on them. Don't just not create a weak program then wonder why people are exploiting and hackers cracking into the game. Fix those weak links. Because no matter what we do, there is and ALWAYS will be a ton of ass holes in this world and people who always look for the easy way out. If you don't have much for road blocks, they will consider it open season. 

Edited by CJFlint

Agreed!

This is a bug, that for all intensive purposes, should be considered GAMEBREAKING level.

The servers cannot be properly admined, thus chaos and hacking is rampant. That's GAMEBREAKING.

I would much rather see development of new items/tools/etc completely STOPPED until something as basic as this is fixed. The forward momentum is great, but there is a massive threat that can easily be solved by spending some resources on a part of the system that is terribly neglected.

I used to consider "hackers" and "cheaters" more of a myth than anything else. But in the past week or two I've come across so many that I can't even count them. It's so blatantly obvious as well. It's not de-sync or some small glitch. When I see a guy go from one end of Elektro to the other, in under 5 seconds, then suddenly appear NEXT TO ME on a rooftop and headshot me... All within 10-15 seconds... BULLSHIT.

When we have 2 guys pinned down inside a building, with 5 of us on the outside with WALLS between us and the building (I'm not talking the building walls, but brick walls in the streets) and within under 3 seconds, the two of them take everyone out, without a single missed shot, without going to a window, and without exposing themselves... BULLSHIT.

This game is nice, but it's getting very old very fast. The admins need the tools to do their jobs properly!

This is the flipside of reporting servers that kick people so the owners can loot everything themselves.

Admin's who do this are so dim witted. I don't own a server, but that doesn't stop me from joining a low pop server, loading up, then rejoining my favorite high pops to do some damage. I usually last a while so I really only have to that once a day. Why would you kick people from your active server when there are a TON of inactive servers you can loot? Silliness.