-Gews-

Battlefield 3 vs DayZ dispersion

Ok, I agree that it should be an easy fix. Why do you reckon they aren't doing it then? Honest question.

They don't want to. It "prevents KoS" or something. They won't tell us the reason though, so it's all up to speculation.

It "prevents KoS" or something.

I doubt that's the reason. If it is, it's not "working". :)

I doubt that's the reason. If it is, it's not "working". :)

There's the incompetence angle if you want to go that way.

There's the incompetence angle if you want to go that way.

If it is indeed as intended, I'd like to hear the thinking behind it before deciding on whether I think it's a good thing or not. If there is a very good reason for it I mean.

Edited by Strawman

If it is indeed as intended, I'd like to hear the thinking behind it before deciding on whether I think it's a good thing or not. If there is a very good reason for it I mean.

Tell that to the Good Lord Rocket Dean Hall, sent from high to bring salvation to the masses.

Tell that to the Good Lord Rocket Dean Hall, sent from high to bring salvation to the masses.

Heh, yeah I didn't mean you should provide me with it. :)

I was just saying.

The thousand threads of people bitching about KoS seems to trump the inaccuracy of weapons.   

I do not know why people are comparing the guns of a game that was made for shooting and a game that is a survival sim. Well, tries to be at this state.

Edited by AntonioAJC

I do not know why people are comparing the guns of a game that was made for shooting and a game that is a survival sim. Well, tries to be at this state.

Because it shouldn't make a difference?

No difference? There's always going to be a difference in some way because these are two separate development studios.

No difference? There's always going to be a difference in some way because these are two separate development studios.

So? What you said is like saying "the guns don't matter in a hunting game, only the animals do!"

So, DayZ should play like an unrealistic arcade game where you can 360noscope all day long?  A game where all you have to do is point and click and rack up kills?  Shit, why don't they make the guns feel like we are playing Quake and be done with it

So? What you said is like saying "the guns don't matter in a hunting game, only the animals do!"

Each company will have its way of making gameplay function. On Battlefield you have health bars, accurate guns and focuses entirely on PvP. On DayZ you have the opposite of those things and tries to be something else.

Edited by AntonioAJC

So, DayZ should play like an unrealistic arcade game where you can 360noscope all day long?  A game where all you have to do is point and click and rack up kills?  Shit, why don't they make the guns feel like we are playing Quake and be done with it

Aside from the floaty controls, that's exactly what it does right now. Apparently, BF3 does guns better than DayZ.

Edited by Publik

Aside from the floaty controls, that's exactly what it does right now.

You're kidding, right?  <_<

Edited by Caboose187

You're kidding, right?  <_<

Have you fired the M4? Does it really feel right to you?

It shoots in a cone.

Edited by Publik

This game actually makes me think before I shoot.  I need to make my shots count.  In battlefield you can run around all day without breaking a sweat all the while spraying and praying.

And yes, the gun feels fine to me.  What a lot of people are expecting is to go full auto with the m4 and magically hit with every bullet

And yes, the gun feels fine to me.  What a lot of people are expecting is to go full auto with the m4 and magically hit with every bullet

I expect that firing a single round prone at 100m.

• Like 2

And yes, the gun feels fine to me.  What a lot of people are expecting is to go full auto with the m4 and magically hit with every bullet.

1. Does the M4 still "feel right" when it has Magpul parts on it?

2. Did ARMA's M4 feel wrong?

3. Does the SKS feel right?

4. Does a Mosin with a compensator feel right?

I got 2-3 inch groupings with a 5 shot group at 100 yards with a bonestock Yugo 59/66 sks without optics from a bench rest. Clearly the mechanical accuracy of the rifle should be this. I am not a soldier, was just some 17 year old kid when I did this. Contrary to popular belief, shooting guns is not magic. In fact, they're often made to do exactly as you'd imagine them to do: put bullets in a particular area, that's what makes them guns. Am I talking in circles? Only to get people to stop thinking in circles. My point is, look up the MOA of real guns. Implement this into the game. Put in sway for standing, not this retarded dispersion/cone of fire.

If every bullet fired at a man-sized target at 100 yards with an m4 is not hitting the target, take off your beer goggles. and open your eyes from the reefer or otherwise you're a blind-man.

Side note: this is a joke, even heavily inebriated I can still hit my targets.

At 100 yards guns really do shoot themselves.

Edit: sometimes I do miss the clay pidgeon laying on the ground, but not by so much that if it were a man's chest I'd miss it.

Edited by agouti
  • Like 4

and open your eyes from the reefer 

NEVER! Also being high makes me focus better and I become more accurate in real life and in games.

And yes cone spread is RETARDED. I don't mean this in the insulting way I mean this in the whoever thought to put this in is actually mentally handicapped way.

Negating someone's years of video game shooter experience to give scrubs who can't aim an advantage not only is ridiculous (especially in a game like DayZ), it also keeps the scrubs being scrubs because, unlike people who are actually good at games, they will never have a chance of increasing their skill by learning from the mistakes they make facing a better opponent and becomes a game of "who get's lucky and has their bullet actually go where they are aiming first". This is the exact reason why I, who had probably close to 10,000 hours in the BF franchise before 3, have about 75 hours played in BF3 and haven't logged in since a few months after it came out and also I never even bought BF 4.

This would be like giving a delta operator a gun with a bent barrel so the terrorists have a better experience with the war on terror.

Edited by Weedz

I got 2-3 inch groupings with a 5 shot group at 100 yards with a bonestock Yugo 59/66 sks without optics from a bench rest. Clearly the mechanical accuracy of the rifle should be this. I am not a soldier, was just some 17 year old kid when I did this. Contrary to popular belief, shooting guns is not magic. In fact, they're often made to do exactly as you'd imagine them to do: put bullets in a particular area, that's what makes them guns. Am I talking in circles? Only to get people to stop thinking in circles. My point is, look up the MOA of real guns. Implement this into the game. Put in sway for standing, not this retarded dispersion/cone of fire.

If every bullet fired at a man-sized target at 100 yards with an m4 is not hitting the target, take off your beer goggles. and open your eyes from the reefer or otherwise you're a blind-man.

Side note: this is a joke, even heavily inebriated I can still hit my targets.

At 100 yards guns really do shoot themselves.

Edit: sometimes I do miss the clay pidgeon laying on the ground, but not by so much that if it were a man's chest I'd miss it.

They did weapons like this cause it's easier than implementing a decent sway.

Just look at the bullshit that was the sway in arma 2. The sights would stay aligned all the way, just the way you're pointing that would change randomically.

In arma 3 i think they made better sway into weapons, but cant be sure.

Edited by lipemr

It shoots in a cone.

To be completely honest

A real m4 fires in a cone too but this cone is substancially smaller so small that if you put a rifle in a vice and ensure that it does not move and is aiming at the same target for every shot

When you a group of 5 rounds the cone of fire will be no larger than 2 inches at 100 yards.

This cone of course increases with distance which is the real reason why precision rifles are used as sniper rifles.

At 1000 yards this group turns into a 20 inches.

in game however its incredibly inaccurate to the point you are truly rolling the dice when you fire.

When you a group of 5 rounds the cone of fire will be no larger than 2 inches at 100 yards.

0/9 shots hit a zombie at 100m or less just now. Pristine stock M4, no bipod, prone, not tired. Aimed center mass.

Just curious, but how do you rule out the human factor when doing your measurements? I'm assuming you don't put your mouse in a vice, but how do you make sure it doesn't move? Like for example removing the mouse and mapping the fire button to the keyboard? I'm sure some people feel like their mouse isn't moving but with modern day gaming mouses and their resolution and gamers usually playing on fairly high mouse sensivity that factor really needs to be ruled out.