-Gews-

Battlefield 3 vs DayZ dispersion

Chris Torchia said he wanted the guns "to perform as close to their real-world counterparts as possible".

This part makes me sad...  I really hope that what's in game atm is not considered "as close to their real-world counterparts as possible".  If what's in game is considered "realistic" in the eyes of the devs, we are all in for some rather significant disappointments.

This part makes me sad...  I really hope that what's in game atm is not considered "as close to their real-world counterparts as possible".  If what's in game is considered "realistic" in the eyes of the devs, we are all in for some rather significant disappointments.

yea no kidding.

The spread in standalone is pretty bad..it should be geared more towards arma. Currently pistols are atrocious. 

Edited by Borges

I am just hoping that they give the guns their respective real life accuracy values, drop all of the crappy game mechanics and embrace realism.

This does not mean I want laser accurate weapons I merely want them to simulate real life human error and aiming by using time proven techniques such as sway, recoil and screen graphical effects ( blurry vision or slight blurryness right after you fire a gun ).

Different stances should have different sway, and recoil values , Standing should be high sway, high recoil.

Crouch medium sway, medium recoil control

Prone lowish recoil and sway.

hoping the end game when shooting at 230 yards and standing it looks like so.

ImpossibleDapperAfricanwilddog.gif

BlondLeanBluebottlejellyfish.gif

PoliticalWaryAnnashummingbird.gif

Inaccuracy due to player error and sway not because of a random dispersion game mechanic that sucks.

So, this:

"Many players have outlined how much the mouse acceleration/controls need to be modified. Players head (view) will move instantly with raw 1:1 mouse feedback. Weapons may “lag behind” depending on how heavy and cumbersome the weapon is. For example, players with a pistol will be able to turn around and fire much faster than a player with a M4, or a chainsaw."

and this:

"and sweep through and tweek some of the firearm cfg values."

found here:

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/81688020510/a-very-busy-couple-of-weeks-for-the-whole-team-has

Thoughts?

Inaccuracy due to player error and sway not because of a random dispersion game mechanic that sucks.

Currently dispersion is an attempt to mimic what you say here.

I would be happy to have sway and environmental factors, as well as how they are planning on removing the crosshair from the screen, in exchange for dispersion. However until that time I would rather everyone not have laser accurate weapons as the only thing preventing this currently is the negligible amount of sway and dispersion that we currently have.

I believe this solution would make almost everyone happy.

I would find it hard to believe anybody posting about how bad dispersion is would also object to having external factors have more of an effect on accuracy than the current random dispersion.

Currently dispersion is an attempt to mimic what you say here.

I would be happy to have sway and environmental factors, as well as how they are planning on removing the crosshair from the screen, in exchange for dispersion. However until that time I would rather everyone not have laser accurate weapons as the only thing preventing this currently is the negligible amount of sway and dispersion that we currently have.

I believe this solution would make almost everyone happy.

I would find it hard to believe anybody posting about how bad dispersion is would also object to having external factors have more of an effect on accuracy than the current random dispersion.

Yea I would be delighted with

- Increased sway that is realistic

- Ability to deploy bipods or emplace a weapon on a surface to negate sway.

- Real life accuracy values added for all the weapons.

- Wind to further add to the realism

- MOA/MRAD elevation adjustments to make sniping actually require practice and skill.

Give that and I am sure most people will be satisfied.

- Wind to further add to the realism

However much I'd love for wind to be a factor when shooting in-game, I can't see how it can be implemented in a good way.

When I shoot certain weapon systems irl, I nab a pinch of dust or grass from the ground and toss it up to see where the wind is roughly blowing. How would you suggest something like that to be implemented into the game? You need to be able to tell where the wind blows if it's an affecting factor.

However much I'd love for wind to be a factor when shooting in-game, I can't see how it can be implemented in a good way.

When I shoot certain weapon systems irl, I nab a pinch of dust or grass from the ground and toss it up to see where the wind is roughly blowing. How would you suggest something like that to be implemented into the game? You need to be able to tell where the wind blows if it's an affecting factor.

Exactly like this .

Shift k

Arrow shows up temporarily with the direction of the wind , color of arrow indicates a rough wind speed.

Perhaps longer you live the more accurate the wind speed reads.

Then you adjust the mils or moa on your scope according to what you think the wind is.

ACe method works really well.

Come to think of it..

How about actually having a key that you press and your toon takes a pinch of dust or grass from the ground and tosses it up and you have to actually figure out what direction the wind is blowing by looking at it? That would make it a great deal more hard core than arrows showing up on the screen (no offense meant), and more immersive as well.

Come to think of it..

How about actually having a key that you press and your toon takes a pinch of dust or grass from the ground and tosses it up and you have to actually figure out what direction the wind is blowing by looking at it? That would make it a great deal more hard core than arrows showing up on the screen (no offense meant), and more immersive as well.

That would work as well.

But I like the arrow idea better because it is simple and works.

This is like the compass in stand alone, the compass in standalone is overcomplicated and nearly useless meanwhile the compass in the mod was useful.

The arrow I would imagine is what I would imagine is the result in licking your finger and pointing up you can instinctively feel where the wind is and what direction its going and the relative speed.

So, this:

"Many players have outlined how much the mouse acceleration/controls need to be modified. Players head (view) will move instantly with raw 1:1 mouse feedback. Weapons may “lag behind” depending on how heavy and cumbersome the weapon is. For example, players with a pistol will be able to turn around and fire much faster than a player with a M4, or a chainsaw."

and this:

"and sweep through and tweek some of the firearm cfg values."

found here:

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/81688020510/a-very-busy-couple-of-weeks-for-the-whole-team-has

Thoughts?

Well that first one doesn't have anything to do with dispersion. Good that they're going to tweak those values.

This is like the compass in stand alone, the compass in standalone is overcomplicated and nearly useless meanwhile the compass in the mod was useful.

48200944.jpg

Well that first one doesn't have anything to do with dispersion. Good that they're going to tweak those values.

True. But it has something to do with what has been suggested here about how to simulate factoring in aspects of aiming into the game.