Sign in to follow this  
Rick1633

Any word on a hot fix?

Yesterday, I didn't think they would really be able to release a hot fix today for the widespread disconnects.

But did anyone try to play today and what can you report?  

I played on experimental today for quite some time, they've definitely release a working hotfix on there. (Atleast for me).

They said that if the experimental is working without any issues they'll release the hotfix to the stable branch tomorrow.

• Like 1

The hot fix is on experimental now for testing and should be released tomorrow...

Hope that helps you...

All the best

Villain

Thanks for that info. These disconnects are ruining the game for me. It effects other less it seems (some of my friends have been fine), but I cannot maintain connection for more than 10min and often time it I just d/c with aggro get killed by zombie and I'm dead.

Thanks guys.

That would be impressive if they release a fix tomorrow.  I knew they couldn't today..

But why not roll back out the old patch, and we can play that.... while they work on the new patch?

Thanks for that info. These disconnects are ruining the game for me. It effects other less it seems (some of my friends have been fine), but I cannot maintain connection for more than 10min and often time it I just d/c with aggro get killed by zombie and I'm dead.

Yeah my friend was killed tonight by Zombies after he got D/C...

Happened to me yesterday as well....

Bloody Zombies are a nightmare now lolz..

Thanks guys.

That would be impressive if they release a fix tomorrow.  I knew they couldn't today..

But why not roll back out the old patch, and we can play that.... while they work on the new patch?

It sounds like the hot fix is working, so if that's the case no need for a roll back...

And I believe a roll back might cause more problems than it solves...

Villain

Thanks guys.

I think for all the needless rage they take on these boards for taking too long. Can you imagine the crap people would flood this forum with if this project starting moving backwards (literally). It's best to live with the bad for the sake of progress.

I haven't had any D/C issues just my in game lighting is f'd now.

Right click DayZ within the Steam library.

Go to: Properties

Go to: 'Betas' tab

Select the beta you would like to opt into dropdown list

Change to 'experimental - Preview testing version'

Tell your homies to do the same

Play without lag/desync until the hotfix is released to stable

???

Profit.

I think for all the needless rage they take on these boards for taking too long. Can you imagine the crap people would flood this forum with if this project starting moving backwards (literally). It's best to live with the bad for the sake of progress.

Do you really think that returning to the patch that didnt have fake zombie spawns that appear before your eyes and destroys the immersion of the game while exponentially multiplying the broken ass collision problems that 31 million dollars in revenue has failed to rectify..............  " is moving backwards" ?    Seriously?

The last patch could not have gone worse.  How would deleting that abortion be going backwards?

Right click DayZ within the Steam library.

Go to: Properties

Go to: 'Betas' tab

Select the beta you would like to opt into dropdown list

Change to 'experimental - Preview testing version'

Tell your homies to do the same

Play without lag/desync until the hotfix is released to stable

???

Profit.

Thanks for idea.   Stupid question though, would we have to reset our controls or does the game port it over?

• Like 1

Thanks for idea.   Stupid question though, would we have to reset our controls or does the game port it over?

Everything is saved. Your characters will also be saved on all branches. You can essentially have four separate characters. Two for each branch.

I've been switching back and forth regularly without problems. Just don't change branches with your game open. Make sure it's shutdown first.

EDIT: They regularly encourage people to test the experimentals. So it's really nothing.

Edited by Esolu
  • Like 1

Everything is saved. Your characters will also be saved on all branches. You can essentially have four separate characters. Two for each branch.

I've been switching back and forth regularly without problems. Just don't change branches with your game open. Make sure it's shutdown first.

EDIT: They regularly encourage people to test the experimentals. So it's really nothing.

Ok.  Thanks dude.  So essentially, you are not really installing a different game version which resets controls, you are just choosing to run the game on a different set of servers?  But will have different characters just like on hardcore?   Sorry for newbie questions.

• Like 1

I played on experimental today for quite some time, they've definitely release a working hotfix on there. (Atleast for me).

They said that if the experimental is working without any issues they'll release the hotfix to the stable branch tomorrow.

Same here.. exp works great now. 

Ok.  Thanks dude.  So essentially, you are not really installing a different game version which resets controls, you are just choosing to run the game on a different set of servers?  But will have different characters just like on hardcore?   Sorry for newbie questions.

Basically, yes. Let me break it down a bit more.

When you switch to Experimental, or back to Stable, you are essentially just updating the patch version of your game that allows you to play on servers with the same patch version. So, If you try to join a stable version server while you are updated to the experimental version, you will get a 'wrong version' error. Like in any game, you have to be updated to the proper version in order to play.

Also, Experimental has a separate hive from the Stable. So you can have two characters on the Stable servers, and two characters on the Experimental servers. 

Edited by Esolu

Basically, yes. Let me break it down a bit more.

When you switch to Experimental, or back to Stable, you are essentially just updating the patch version of your game that allows you to play on servers with the same patch version. So, If you try to join a stable version server while you are updated to the experimental version, you will get a 'wrong version' error. Like in any game, you have to be updated to the proper version in order to play.

Also, Experimental has a separate hive from the Stable. So you can have two characters on the Stable servers, and two characters on the Experimental servers. 

Thanks man.   Appreciate it.

• Like 1

Do you really think that returning to the patch that didnt have fake zombie spawns that appear before your eyes and destroys the immersion of the game while exponentially multiplying the broken ass collision problems that 31 million dollars in revenue has failed to rectify..............  " is moving backwards" ?    Seriously?

The last patch could not have gone worse.  How would deleting that abortion be going backwards?

Yes I do. I'd rather them work hard to fix the patch like they did today. Experimental works great right now and it might get loaded onto stable tomorrow making the whole point moot.

It doesn't matter how bad a patch is, you never roll back, you fix.

Exactly - we forge forward!!

• Like 1