supermarco

Atoc issue with AMD card

Hi guys,

I have a bug since the mod, but it seems to happen only with AMD card. When the ATOC is activated with some AA, the textures looks like super bad, like white dot every where on grass and trees.

A small screen to show you how it looks like : http://i.imgur.com/03zzorU.jpg ( you need to zoom to see up the hills and in the trees).

Its super disturbing, and when I was playing on the mod I also had this issue with my 5850.. Since I bought a r9 280x and I still have the same problem but its more visible on this card ?!? I really don't understand... 

I found a "fix" if I can call this a fix... is to put the atoc=0 in the cfg file of dayz.

But the game is not very pretty to play, and specially when you have a card that can run it with AA.. 

I was wondering if, someone has found a solution to get the ATOC enable with some AA without having those ugly texture.

Btw, I already tried this : http://i.imgur.com/utZJBWW.png but its getting worse (like SUPER worse).

UP UP, i have the same graphic bug with my 7950, when atoc is enabled i see like a semi-blurry squares, playing without atoc its super hugly in arma 2 engine :S

• Like 1

Me 2!

Never posted it because I thought it was just me. In a way its good to know it isn't.

If anyone fixed this please help.....I cant remember but im sure it happens on A2 aswell. I do remember noticing it when I upgraded my rig and it had an AMD card :(

• Like 1

Hello there

AMD cards do have an issue with ATOC sometimes. Have you checked the bugtracker?

Ive not noticed any issues with my older ATi card.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 1

I get this with the SA and also with Arma 3.   I affectionately coined the phrase "grid grass".

I turn whatever makes it go away off, probably to the detriment of the graphics quality.

Edit:  HD6950

Edited by klesh
  • Like 1

I use crossfire 7950s with the Arma2OA profile - same issue. However, when you go from FXAA to SMAA I find it removes the issue and looks purdier, so depending on your card you may get an FPS loss. It doesn't bother me all too much though to be honest. 

• Like 1

i play arma 3 and DayZ epoch in arma 2 and i only have this graphic bug in DayZ standalone... so fix it and dont blame hardware users.... 

Probably just Bohemia's poor textures or crap something on their part.

Or crap ati cards. Intel/nvidia is much more reliable from what I've experienced with both brands.

is the VR 2 shit Engine , is no the card or AMD, i ahve the same issue only in VR 2 engine, in amra 3 looks fine

Or crap ati cards. Intel/nvidia is much more reliable from what I've experienced with both brands.

personal experience does compensate for saying something is shitty. I for one, have never had any trouble with neither of the cards, but i find my beloved r9 280x perfect for my use.

Why is the ATI cards shit compared to nvidia? Elaborate.

also, i dont have the bug in arma 3, just the SA. May this be a game-side issue? Have anyone tested the latest drivers and still had the issue?

Turn Alpha to Coverage off in game and this annoying effect goes away. It impacts overall graphics a bit but it's far less distracting. I'm still tweaking my graphic settings but I least I don't have to look at that ugliness.

• Like 2

I experimented with a range of settings and it had no effect - still get the issue when using alpha to coverage in all situations.

but dayz looks horrible without atoc, the trees looks like a shit and you cant see the people on the floor with these edges on the grass

• Like 1

AMD cards do have an issue with ATOC sometimes. Have you checked the bugtracker?

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=4367

and http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=6716

But still nothing...

Can someone try this : http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/240zu8/graphic_bug_white_dots_on_trees/ch2juj0 ?

Edited by SuperMarco
  • Like 1

i tried forcing AA and AF in CCC but didnt work... 

Tried many settings, nothing seems to work other than disabling alpha to coverage (which looks terrible)

Tried turning off surface format optimization in catalyst control centre also, did not do anything.

OTUYQs4.jpg

• Like 2

DayZ staff when you going to fix this issue? playing with hugly pixelated grass with a high end gpu cause you wont fix it

DayZ staff when you going to fix this issue? playing with hugly pixelated grass with a high end gpu cause you wont fix it

I reported this along with the white dots to AMD (could be driver problems since it works without pixelation on nVidia), they are now looking into it so remember to update your drivers when the fix comes.

• Like 2

I reported this along with the white dots to AMD (could be driver problems since it works without pixelation on nVidia), they are now looking into it so remember to update your drivers when the fix comes.

I always have the latest beta drivers

AMD has known about it since at least 2009 with ARMA2.  I gave up on that fix lol

Turn Alpha to Coverage off in game and this annoying effect goes away. It impacts overall graphics a bit but it's far less distracting. I'm still tweaking my graphic settings but I least I don't have to look at that ugliness.

Just install new drivers over your old ones, dude.

Edit:  Don't actually do this, I'm just fucking around with my buddy SausageFace-a-fist.

Edited by klesh
  • Like 2