Hey everyone more or less just looking for everones thoughts and views on rain. so it seems i was giving everyone the wrong impression at first i am more so looking for different ideas of how to improve the rain/weather and different ways around the weather(such as ponchos). as if you play little hours of the game and you spend half of that boarded up in a house or some kind of cover because you dont want to risk your gear/charecter to the elements it can take away from the rest of the experiences of the game. sorry guys kinda dyslexic and what i was trying to say and what i said were to completely different things

Edited by Bakerd

Or maybe equip yourself with a Raincoat? -_-

i have got a raincoat on doesnt help but yeah you would think that would be the end of it

Or maybe equip yourself with a Raincoat? -_-

iirc raincoats currently don't work, for the rest of it don't worry about the rain right now it does nothing other then get you wet, it's constantly raining because it's a new feature and like most new features they use it a lot to ensure that it's working properly. Think of it as the first step of a new system and not the entire system. In the future you will very much want a raincoat to wear if it starts raining as getting soaked will begin to make you sick, however you also have the option of lighting a fire to dry off after, so cook your boar steak, dry off and chillax for a while.

Edited by Window Licker
  • Like 3

iirc raincoats currently don't work, for the rest of it don't worry about the rain right now it does nothing other then get you wet, it's constantly raining because it's a new feature and like most new features they use it a lot to ensure that it's working properly. Think of it as the first step of a new system and not the entire system. In the future you will very much want a raincoat to wear if it starts raining as getting soaked will begin to make you sick, however you also have the option of lighting a fire to dry off after, so cook your boar steak, dry off and chillax for a while.

yeah all good points and yeah i know it has no real disadvantage just yet but i think as soon as it does its going to ruin alot of peoples experience and i for one will probably stop playing when it eventually does but yeah each to their own glad some are still seeing a positive

don't worry bakerd with the addition of "accelerated time" rain showers won't last that long, probably just long enough to make those not properly prepared enough to get cold / wet / sick if they cannot at least even make a fire to dry out, don't sweat it & tie yourself up in knots over it yet, stress kills..

its just the early stage of weather beeing implemented. I am pretty sure they will do some fixes on that in the Future.

wait how everything will chage if you get cold because of the rain and you will Need to find cover to not get sick.

This game will be hard as f**** and i am exited to Play it.

Edited by Ozar
  • Like 2

yeah all good points and yeah i know it has no real disadvantage just yet but i think as soon as it does its going to ruin alot of peoples experience and i for one will probably stop playing when it eventually does but yeah each to their own glad some are still seeing a positive

Yeah that's a big thing about buying a game that's in alpha, not everything is there and you don't clearly know what to expect from the finished product.  While personally I'm extremely happy about the plans for the games others like yourself are a little less enthused.  I'm very sure that once released there will be a number of excellent mods and you will be able to find one that caters to your personal tastes.

So  OP complains about rain making you wet?

• Like 1

don't worry bakerd with the addition of "accelerated time" rain showers won't last that long, probably just long enough to make those not properly prepared enough to get cold / wet / sick if they cannot at least even make a fire to dry out, don't sweat it & tie yourself up in knots over it yet, stress kills..

not stressing yet just think its another thing trying to make a game not so much a game

its just the early stage of weather beeing implemented. I am pretty sure they will do some fixes on that in the Future.

wait how everything will chage if you get cold because of the rain and you will Need to find cover to not get sick.

This game will be hard as f**** and i am exited to Play it.

yeah i know its still early dayz but more or less not liking how its going exactly what im saying you need to bunker down and if it rains for any longer then a couple of minutes you will just end up logging out, out of boredom or atleast i would

• Like 1

Yes I completely agree, being forced into cover for an extended period of time would be pretty shitty and once I'd eaten I'd be fairly much bored waiting for it to stop.  I very much doubt this would be the case in however and while I've not read anything specific about it, I'm sure they will add more wet weather gear and get the raincoats working properly before they start making the cold kill you.

The other thing to take into consideration is how much space does your backpack have? the addition of multiple items that are all useful in their own way make the decision about what to keep a very tough one, even now with the reduction of backpacks, I've found myself debating between medical supplies, food or the burlap sack and sticks to make a bag.  By forcing us to make decisions based on our opinion of what we need, they add a critical element to the game, it feels to me that this is designed to encourage team play while allowing for a resourceful survivor to still walk alone.

Edited by Window Licker
  • Like 1

not stressing yet just think its another thing trying to make a game not so much a game

not much point them adding different types of clothing, weapon cleaning kits, the abilty to make fires etc etc if you're not going to need them? jesus, wait until you have to deal with aggro Z's coming at you in thick fog if you're going to cry like a child over getting a bit wet!

It didn't cross your mind they'll make rain ruin gear or make you sick along with raincoats working?

Once they implement proper protective measures (clothes like wellies, jungle boots, raincoats, ponchos, etc.) that function realistically, it shouldn't be that hard.  Also, I think they should mix it up and make different intensities of rain.  A light sprinkle is nothing to worry about.  Rag off your gun so it doesn't rust, and you're good.  A constant downpour should drench you within seconds.  With visibly different rates, it would add a little bit of choice on "do I go now that it is lighter, or wait for it to lessen a little more" versus "nope, it's raining and all rain is the same."

• Like 5

I have a feeling that this boredom problem will go when they bring in other features such as cooking or crafting or whatever else that requires you to stay stationary for a while. When it rains you just go inside and do that.

I do think it rains a little bit too much though. Maybe if they just made then little showers rather than 20 minute downpours it would make them more manageable.

• Like 1

alright everyone im not crying and i understand everything you all say and i agree with most of it i was simply asking for other peoples opinions on the rain and how it is going to effect game play not saying they should take it out ect. maybe i should have clarified myself alttle more im just saying the whole rain ruin gear(when it is eventually implimented) will force people to sit in cover and as i dont like that as i find it boring will be a massive negative to some people including myself

i Kind of like the idea that i Need to choose between taking the risk and go outside while it is cold and rainy or stay inside. save and warm. i think it is very realistic and those Kind of choices "what Kind of equip do i take with me" and "is it save to go outside" are importand for the Feeling of dayz.

• Like 1

thanks for all the comments tho guys good to see all the different opinions and such

I'd actually like to see a short summer thunder storm that makes you find shelter. I never feel safe in the game, ever, it would be nice to have a couple of minutes knowing that no one can see you in that weather, and no one runs around.

As long as I can wear my raincoat OVER my clothes without having to take them off then i'm fine with that.

I havnt been able to play since the update, away with work, does the rain actually wreck your gear yet ? I was under the impression it just told you that you were wet.

If so, when you dry out does your gear go back to normal ?

Thanks

alright everyone im not crying and i understand everything you all say and i agree with most of it i was simply asking for other peoples opinions on the rain and how it is going to effect game play not saying they should take it out ect. maybe i should have clarified myself alttle more im just saying the whole rain ruin gear(when it is eventually implimented) will force people to sit in cover and as i dont like that as i find it boring will be a massive negative to some people including myself

My opinion in the current state is that you get wet too fast. I don't think that we would be soaked after one or two minutes or at least not where I live. And second I hope that there will be things like umbrellas. And I hope it will rain in a some kind of predictable way so I can try to "run and hide" without sitting there for hours. But probably my attitude would change if there was something to do in this free time, like cooking, reading, writing, planning, crafting and the like.

Edited by jayleann

As long as I can wear my raincoat OVER my clothes without having to take them off then i'm fine with that.

ahh now thats thinking or you could get like a poncho to chuck over the whole lot and you cant access gear without taking it off or somthing

I havnt been able to play since the update, away with work, does the rain actually wreck your gear yet ? I was under the impression it just told you that you were wet.

If so, when you dry out does your gear go back to normal ?

Thanks

umm no not yet that i know of and not sure

• Like 1

ahh now thats thinking or you could get like a poncho to chuck over the whole lot and you cant access gear without taking it off or somthing

umm no not yet that i know of and not sure

I was thinking poncho too (which should double into a basha, or tent, that would be brilliant) :)

Army-Basha.jpg

Edited by Jexter
  • Like 2