Sign in to follow this  
BaseLine^

Mouse Movement

Hey DayZ Community, I hope a same Thread doesen't exsist.

Well, thats my question, does anyone else noticed that the Mousemovement in that 0.42xx Version is extremly strange? 

Hopefuly yes, otherwise I have to buy a new Mouse -.-

Dean tweeted about something to do with mouses earlier

found it

@TheMuncha Some small fixes made it into the latest build. but we have decided to redo mouse control from scratch as a high priority

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

For me it is strange from the first day (negative acceleration)

It has changed somehow in the latest build but not better or worse, simply a little different and still very bothersome.

• Like 1

I have a Logitech G500s mouse and had some jerky movement, then I lowered the dpi setting on the mouse and I now have fine mouse control. So if your mouse has dpi settings see if you can experiment with them.

• Like 1

I have a Logitech G500s mouse and had some jerky movement, then I lowered the dpi setting on the mouse and I now have fine mouse control. So if your mouse has dpi settings see if you can experiment with them.

Can you give me more details of your settings, also ingame. I have a G602 and use it at 500dpi in Dayz. Still too much?

I also have a G400, G700 and they behave the same. Latest Logi Gaming Software...................

Can you give me more details of your settings, also ingame. I have a G602 and use it at 500dpi in Dayz. Still too much?

I also have a G400, G700 and they behave the same. Latest Logi Gaming Software...................

I have dpi at 800 and a 500 polling rate.

These are my in game settings:

107ot9y.jpg

Yeah very strange for me too, like its kinda delayed, when i stop moving my mouse, the view still moves a tiny bit every time, very confusing on HC. I'll try that low dpi fix thx for the tip

I've noticed that since the update whenever I open the inventory the mouse is never centred on the window, but moved all way to the sides. Very confusing, as I have to move the mouse around to see where the arrow is. Maybe it has to do with me playing in windowed mode?

Yeah very strange for me too, like its kinda delayed, when i stop moving my mouse, the view still moves a tiny bit every time, very confusing on HC. I'll try that low dpi fix thx for the tip

hmmmm strange. i find it to be less delayed now, and i like it more now how it behaves indoors. still glad to hear they are reworking it from scratch

I read a lot of times that People have Problems with mouse movement.

I never changed any Settings about this and for me it works just fine.

( 900 dpi )

Have turned smoothing completely off? At least that's what smoothing does.

I have no issues with my mouse either. I move my mouse and my aim moves with it. I have a logitech MX something...

Dean tweeted about something to do with mouses earlier

found it

@TheMuncha Some small fixes made it into the latest build. but we have decided to redo mouse control from scratch as a high priority

Good. DayZ really should have been called Retard Simulator because the real challenge of the game is navigating a doorway or turning your head to the direction you want to look. Surgeon Simulator got nothing on this bitch.

Why a native PC game like DayZ ignored this for so long is beyond me. Despite all the bugs of the mod it at least accommodated common PC control usage norms. I keep trying to get into the standalone but after 30 minutes the repeated immersion breaking chore of controlling my character becomes annoying.