Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

Go for 0.44 to stable tomorrow. Hell yeah! Went great on experimental

The lack of professionalism in the forum team and admins plus a distinct lack of actual communication with their own players has really turned me off to this game. I see more from devs fighting with other players in public forums and social media then I do actual information about what is going on with the game. Regardless of what is actually going on, to me the image being presented by this company is not very good.

• Like 6

The fact that I have to sift through a 100+ page thread to get updates or a dev tracker full of useless twitter feeds for any kind of information is pretty horrendous in my opinion and shows a fairly large disregard for the players.

• Like 4

The lack of professionalism in the forum team and admins plus a distinct lack of actual communication with their own players has really turned me off to this game. I see more from devs fighting with other players in public forums and social media then I do actual information about what is going on with the game. Regardless of what is actually going on, to me the image being presented by this company is not very good.

...Weird time to write that given we were just told a changelog is coming and there will be an update tomorrow.

• Like 1

This engine is a train wreck... they can't fix one thing without breaking something major. 

Edited by Andromeda
  • Like 1

I hope they fix the crashes for tomorrows patch, I had a lot on experimental, died many times and had many character resets because of it, also session lost, join server 400 + seconds penalty.

Edited by Wili

...Weird time to write that given we were just told a changelog is coming and there will be an update tomorrow.

In my opinion the fact that we have an update doesn't really excuse the lack of any real attempt to coordinate information about the experimental server or information about the development process.

This engine is a train wreck... they can't fix one thing without breaking something major. 

Experimental is not the place for strong user experiences, it's for testing new systems. The primary purpose of this exp update is based around loot spawning - just testing out some changes to the system. This is the first piece, issues are to be expected. They are logging a new respawning technique. The processing causes significant CPU drain, causing delayed processing of position data. The rubberbanding on 0.45 experimental is related to experiments with respawning loot. Will not be in the stable update of 0.44 

• Like 1

But how you can test new changes when you cant play and die by RB ? ;) 

But how you can test new changes when you cant play and die by RB ? ;)

Congratulations! You tested and this is your result.

Edited by erocker
  • Like 1

In my opinion the fact that we have an update doesn't really excuse the lack of any real attempt to coordinate information about the experimental server or information about the development process.

Nobody here feels sorry for you. The info is not that hard to find.

• Like 3

Nobody here feels sorry for you. The info is not that hard to find.

Congrats on your fanboy status. Your t-shirt is in the mail.

• Like 4

Perhaps we can make some changes to the forum for places specifically to discuss experimental branch or something but a changelog from the devs for experimental is not going to happen, they usually talk about upcoming stuff in the devblogs which will give you a general idea of what to expect.

I'd say go ahead and do this. Maybe make an Experimental Discussion Forum and just have the stable updates come through here? It would certainly cut down on how congested these threads become and still maintain some order to them. Or at least have a place for many of the experimental testers to spew all of the information they get without having to return to this thread.

Edited by Gekkonidae

People saying the game is wrecked or broken, well of course it is, it's in fucking alpha.

• Like 1

Dean said he was writing up a changelog, so i'd expect to see that soon for what has successfully been moved to stable. They are testing respawning loot with their basic loot respawning system. Basically, fight through rubberbanding to loot and possibly help them with their logging? I'm sure that after they log it for a while and get what they need, they can go in and fix the repositioning data from being sloth slow. I wouldn't expect them to fix this tonight.

I saw your point that experimental version changing too often to realise patch notes , but anyway I would like to see a bit more information about changes. Cause today I noticed, that steam updated exp DayZ.. I launch DayZ, join server and everything looks the same as logout in previous version. What should I test if I dont know what exactly have been changed? I'm confused.

They are testing out mechanics for respawning loot. Which I think means lowering and raising the number of players to see which works best.  And I've read that some people have found the new pistol added.

Congrats on your fanboy status. Your t-shirt is in the mail.

Oh boy that's great! What color is it? To be honest I'd rather be called fanboy than be seen as a pouty malcontent that can't even operate a web search.

• Like 1

sooooo, are we getting a changelog today or tomorrow?

They said new changelog when .44 goes to stable at maintenance.

Yea I still haven't found a way to get any bolts off dead zeds.

As for the bolts and quiver, I've been able to stick single bolts in the quiver. I just detach the quiver from the crossbow and drag them over it and I've been able to add single ones

I can only add bolts that came from a quiver to the quivers......if I found a lone bolt, I can't get it to add to a quiver.

The lack of professionalism in the forum team and admins

That's because they are volunteers......... :huh:

They are testing out mechanics for respawning loot. Which I think means lowering and raising the number of players to see which works best.  And I've read that some people have found the new pistol added.

Oh boy that's great! What color is it? To be honest I'd rather be called fanboy than be seen as a pouty malcontent that can't even operate a web search.

Alright show me how it's done. Find me the current changes on the experimental server without posting more than five links.

That's because they are volunteers......... :huh:

So because they are volunteers they don't have to behave? Can just say what they want? Why does a company have volunteers who don't have to be professional to act as their PR group? Thanks for making my point for me by the way about lack of professionalism.