Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

I always used to just yoink my network cable out for a second whilst running at the wall I wanted to escape from then pop it back in...

- Does this not work anymore?

Also, it's fricking annoying waiting for 5 mins+ when you initially log onto one server but cannot actually get into it so try another... :(

- There should be some sort of delay where you don't have the wait mechanism accruing time until you have actually started in the game...

i.e. 3..2..1..Ready  and you can actually move!! - Annoying

Ha, realise the above post may not make much sense initially...  Long day!

No your way works but what it is essentially doing is the same thing but the opposite way. The game stops registering your players position until you have actually logged out but with mine the game does not register your players position until your fully logged in, either way the result is the same and that is that you ignore anything that is in front of you and just keep going forwards.

i can confirm this: i attached the pu scope to the sks and it shows normally in the inventory screen and i can see the scope when holding the weapon in my hands as well. But when im aiming down the sight, instead of looking through the scope, i look through the normal sight (without the scope).

You can clearly see on the image what im talking about:

2Dd3I06.jpg

ps: same with the mosin

Played this afternoon for a short time, the m4 was still looking like in post 1474 with the agog on. Now it is visible and useable (zoom). I don't think it has to do with an update because I don't think steam downloaded anything, might have missed it though.

What happened is that I accidently resetted my video settings. I wanted to see how blurred my vision is with postprocessing on after a fight to see, how bad it was with my health. I thought I put everything back to how it was though. And I don't remember changing anything in the last weeks.

@kawa_ - what settings do you have? I'm would like to test, if changing them to yours brings the problem back.

Edited by bautschi

BUG?

BUG?

Bloody third-person players, you have magic cameras to assist in every fire-fight...try that in first person ;)

My sks and pu scope works fine

Its a weird bug that only happens sometimes.

One server I will have a glitched sight just like kawa was saying, and then if I re-log or switch to another server it works fine, or doesn't.

It seems to be random.

I noticed when it is glitched and you cant see the scope/sight, adjust your FOV lower and it will magically appear, but the texture will be blurry.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

Its a weird bug that only happens sometimes.

One server I will have a glitched sight just like kawa was saying, and then if I re-log or switch to another server it works fine, or doesn't.

It seems to be random.

I noticed when it is glitched and you cant see the scope/sight, adjust your FOV lower and it will magically appear, but the texture will be blurry.

at the moment the FOV sometimes adjusts when you are first person aimed. really this shouldn't occur unless your eyes move back and forward in your head lol. I found that adjusting FOV to certain distances caused this to happen

Ok, went back to server, the Agog was gone again. Same with the hand piece of the m4.The error occured now sometimes, the things vanished and came back when turning sideways. Two pics are from me standing around in the open while helping an even noobier noob than I am. I obviously have a death wish, but that's a different story. In the scene I was recording and the two pictures are 40ms appart. And no, I do not stream or put stuff on youtube, that's only for recording funny situations, bugs and cheaters.

dZ8NMXX.jpg

IhvFYa3.jpg

I really don't know what the difference was. It was also gone when outside and became visible when entering a house for example, but it stayed visible when exiting...

EDIT: FOV ingame change did not change anything. Well beyond resulting in a funny looking screen.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 1

Ok, went back to server, the Agog was gone again. Same with the hand piece of the m4.The error occured now sometimes, the things vanished and came back when turning sideways. Two pics are from me standing around in the open while helping an even noobier noob than I am. I obviously have a death wish, but that's a different story. In the scene I was recording and the two pictures are 40ms appart. And no, I do not stream or put stuff on youtube, that's only for recording funny situations, bugs and cheaters.

dZ8NMXX.jpg

IhvFYa3.jpg

I really don't know what the difference was. It was also gone when outside and became visible when entering a house for example, but it stayed visible when exiting...

can you do the same with your FOV settings visible?

Ive got this really annoying bug that in svetlojarsk all the building go invisible when i eneter them

Ive got this really annoying bug that in svetlojarsk all the building go invisible when i eneter them

This happened to me last night but in a piano house above Cherno.

also if you aim at your friends left eye then and shoot, they won't die :P ;) :D

also if you aim at your friends left eye then and shoot, they won't die :P ;) :D

Tried this, can confirm its true

• Like 1

I let the FOV setting default and I never have problems. On 16:9 aspect ratio, the horizontal field of view is 76 degrees and I think it's enough. It creates a natural perspective. Anyway I prefer hardcore and I usually see other players first in the wildness.

Down for maintenance, like every wednesday.

How can all you guys miss the message about this which I see regularly in the servers while playing?

Down for maintenance, like every wednesday.

How can all you guys miss the message about this which I see regularly in the servers while playing?

Oh riiiiiight, finally time to cinfigure the island thingy then lol

We are waiting new #0.43.116290 and we have a lot of bullets for all  :D

Edited by Indigitally
  • Like 1

Anyone tried the Amphibia S with magazines? When I use a magazine to reload by pressing the R-key it loads the gun and then puts an empty magazine in my inventory, and also it doesnt show a mag or bullets in the gun, but I can still fire 10 shots. Besides not showing any bullets in the gun, that's how a clip for the SKS should work right? Maybe they are testing a new mechanic for clips there? Would be strange though to test it on a magazine instead of actual clips.