swingbr

What I have been relegated to...

if you make decide to go loot on low pop server  is your choice > :(

don't blame kOS guys for you having balls like a mouse and survive instinct of suicidal depression guy after wife leaving same day he losing job :huh:

where is self respect and dignity?

why you QQ here and say to world 'I AM COWARD' :blush:

you make me feel embarrass for you and I hope I see you in the game soon :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

Um... what? 

The complaints of KoS are of people who don't say anything and proceed to fight me, or take a shot at me and miss. Occasionally I win, occasionally I lose. In addition, the reason why I complain is not because of KoS, but rather because of how people act. It makes the game dumb, just like your comment, and personally, where is your self respect, dignity, and humanity? 

It makes me ashamed to call myself a human sometimes, especially when I'm talking to someone named KoS. 

Aren't you being hypocritical by making a comment like this problembarn? The topic is meant to stir up debate. 

I am sorry if this seem rude to you, but havn't this kind of post been made a few too many times?

Edited by swingbr

This Game will become so damn hard. Just wait.

I stopped caring when you're crying about KoS and started your story with "I was in Cherno"

This describes every single person who has ever cried about KoS. If you're running around in the open or up to fully armed groups of people yelling "Ima friendly HURRR!" than you aren't a hero; you are an idiot who deserves to be shot.

Look. You don't have to care. I don't cry about the act of KoS, I cry about the act of not saying anything back to me. It's been quite a while since I ran into someone who actually TALKED to me after I said something. The story was only meant to say, there should be a reason to KoS. I had a reason to KoS those guys, whereas they didn't really have cause to KoS the guy that willingly put his hands up. 

To make another point, you shouldn't have to KoS to get what you want. 

Edited by swingbr

Man, you make me feel so guilty.

Unarmed guy was running down the street, bleeding, fleeing from a zombie. I have a 22 rifle, no mag.

He stopped to bandage, and I pondered my choice.

I chose to shoot the player...

Why? He was the bigger threat.

I really wanted to help him, and I may have if I had a mag for the rifle (so I could put him down if he rushed me. It has happened before).

If fists were not OHK, then I would have other options.

Although I do strongly believe they need to introduce more "Less-Lethal" weapons into the game. E.g. Tazers, beanbag shells, etc. Because right now the only safe player is one on the ground dead.

So many people saying that when they ask someone to put up there hands if the person doesn't they shoot them, you know what I've realized (and I don't have 1000 hours on the game but I have close to 200 hours on it)?  I don't get robbed on Hardcore servers, Me and my friends have only had people say that on servers that you can 3pp.  The reason is simply, the bandits are mostly cowards..  They use 3pp to look around walls at you or around corners. Most don't have a shot on you if you run because they are out of position and are looking over a wall to keep themselves safe.  They only come out after you give up.  This is why so many are willing to run, yes the occasional bandit that actually is looking down the sights at you happens, but it's a chance many will take. 

As to the OP, any game with PvP (especially open world PvP) is just asking for people to KoS.  People that think this is going to change are crazy, PvP games draw a specific crowd part of which just loves to make your day suck for no other reason then to make your day suck.  If you don't like dealing with a large percentage of people like that then give up because every game that I've played that has PvP is like that.  Make it worse by having it a game where you lose everything when you die and it add to the people that aren't even going to attempt player interaction and just kill you when they see you.  It's the nature of the beast.

I think the problem is that it is way to easy to get geared and thats why there is so little communication now. If youre a fresh spawn or someone that has no gear, you just book it to one of the places that basically have a guaranteed gun and your set, since you dont have any gear theres no worrying of dying. If your already geared then you dont need to rob people because youve got everything you need.  I could say maybe a geared person would rob someone for food/water, but common when was the last time someone actually died from starvation/dehydration on here? it takes way to long.  The only real robbing that is plausible now is a fresh spawn robbing a geared person, and good luck with that.

I got a lot of sympathy with this thread, just because the player interaction doesn't seem at all realistic. IRL factors like guilt and loneliness come into play and I would argue pretty strongly that in a real life apocalypse people would on the whole be far more willing to communicate than in this game. As the problem is with the player base the only solution I can see is playing on private RP servers with other likeminded people, for now just join in the brawl and hone your PvP skills.

There are definitely still friendly people in this game. This was proven to me last night immediately after I was treated poorly. I logged into a server with my buddy near Berezino with about 10 other people currently in the server. We had the really unfortunate luck of spawning practically right in the sights of another two players who were a few levels up in a construction building. They pretended to be friendly but almost immediately mowed us down. When the two of us respawned near the coast, we both simultaneously ran into separate groups of friendly players near Svetlo and Solnichniy numbering four people and two people respectively. They both identified themselves as part of "The Coast Patrol" or "Border Patrol" and had thick Southern US accents. Both groups chatted with us, gave us a few items, and sent us on our way. It was incredibly out of the ordinary but restored a little bit of my faith in the community to not be entirely KoS.

There's nothing wrong with KoS if it's how you play, but it is definitely nice to have positive interactions with other players once in a while without ending in bloodshed. In both cases, my friend and I could have easily been killed walking up to groups of other players, but they chose to be nice and give us items instead, the same as we have done for others in the past.

Edited by Tatanko

The problem isn't just with the geared players. If I'm on the coast, as I do frequently wander, I see heavily armed folk like me, or fresh/fairly new players.

8/10 times I'll observe and bypass heavily armed players, The other 2/10 are unavoidable confrontation or if I see them taking out/pantsing fresh spawns who aren't being hostile.

The main problem I have on the coast are fresh spawns going for the 1 hit KO, or partially geared players that want to try their luck.

Today for example, I saw two guys with construction helmets and melee weapons being hounded by zombies, I killed their zombies for them, ejected the rounds out of the mosin I was holding and went to drop it on the ground for one of them. His response was to rip a sawn off out of his bag and have a crack. He missed and wasn't ready for me to pull out my SKS and turn him into zombie food and his mate grabbed the mosin I had dropped and tried to have a crack as well, not knowing it was empty. Needless to say they came off second best in this encounter. At this point a fresh as fuck player stepped out from behind a bush, said "Don't shoot" and put his hands up, making no attempt to approach me or the bodies. I told him anything on them was free for him to take, gave him a wave and went on my merry way.

Thats the thing running up on another player gets ya killed not responding gets ya killed. I personally will kill anyone,  running up on me  even if they are yelling friendly.

stand back and chat were fine. I may even tell ya where some loot  is that i didn't need.

• Like 2

Thats the thing running up on another player gets ya killed not responding gets ya killed. I personally will kill anyone,  running up on me  even if they are yelling friendly.

stand back and chat were fine. I may even tell ya where some loot  is that i didn't need.

Had someone running at me today screaming friendly in direct, I tell him to back the fuck up or I'll shoot him, he keeps coming and telling me it is fine he is friendly. Needless to say he found out how friendly my SKS was. Normally I'll let them live but people need to learn not to run at an armed man when he tells you to back off.

My point is, I miss the game where people talked with each other - where bandits rob people and the "heroes" come to the rescue. Heck, the only communication that I ever get now are douchebags who yell obscenities and laugh about how I'm dead and they're not. Pretty fair when you're an unarmed fresh spawn and they're guys with military weapons. I miss the player interaction and the whole "human" aspect of the game. Most of all, I miss gearing up on more populated servers.

The only way that I'm able to gear up now is to log onto an unpopulated server and loot. It's been about a month since I've been able to get military weapons without getting killed on a populated server, and it's ticking me off. Am I being pretty stupid by playing on populated servers and expecting different results? Maybe. But forgive me if I want to have a game that's more than a mindless shooter, and much more like a simulation. Forgive me if I want to have an environment where people at least engage one another in an intelligent manner instead of the dull alternative.

For all of you who act in a shoot first, communicate later mentality, thanks. You've wasted a ton of my time and you've relegated me to gearing up on low pops now. Thanks for making it impossible to have an interesting gameplay experience by one's self.

Only the most douchebag gameplay styles are encouraged in the Standalone.

Welcome to the Permadeath Deathmatch KOS Standalone.

If they had an Effective Humanity System, there would be other valid gameplay styles.  Until then, just KOS everyone you see.  You'll enjoy the game more.

It WOULD be nice if the developers would focus on CORE FEATURES of the game like bases, vehicles, humanity, etc.  Instead they do 1 million small trinket upgrades so I can paint a helmet, or certain eating animations function properly.  WHO CARES??????  This isn't a FASHION SHOW.  I don't care if I can paint my stuff different colors.

So far I'm not impressed by the DayZ developers.  All hype, no delivery.  The only positive thing I can say is..........they aren't crooked money grubbing assholes like the WarZ developers.

If DayZ was a Pizza Delivery Service...........what you would get is a nice looking reciept, with "fancy" fonts, and neat logos.  Unfortunately the freaking PIZZA is missing.

To your first question - They are cowards because they shoot first and ask questions later. They aren't even brave enough to say hello first before they shoot, they just shoot. 

Theres a line between brave and stupid. You seem to be confusing one for another.

To your second question - There is something called robbing people. It's a lot more interesting than say... shooting them on sight

How so? I've done both and can say without a doubt for me,  that KOS is alot more fun than robbing someone. Or are you speaking for us all on whats fun and whats not?

Robbery are predictable and boring. They always go one of two ways... The person either gives up and lets you hold them up or they run and you shoot them. Either way not the most inetersting interactions.

KOS on the other hand is never predictable becuase I could miss, there could be unseen back up of the player which results in a firefight or someone else hears and comes over looking for some action.

Either way its never boring...

. And, you can call me an idiot or a hypocrite, or whatever, but some of my best experiences in DayZ (Mod, and Standalone) have happened because I took a chance - a leap of faith if you will, and didn't kill on sight.

Thats whats so great about this game. Different people have great experiences doing different things. For me I have the best experiences playing KOS, for you its playing as you do....

I dont see why you feel the need to judge one persons experiences or playstyle as less than anothers?

My point is, if you talk - if you INTERACT with people instead of killing them on sight, I guarantee that it would be a much more interesting game. I'm not saying that EVERY single person has to be that way, but I'm saying that I wish more people would just take a chance.

1. I do interact with people. I just use a gun to do it. How I interact and how you interact may be different, but the results the same..

we both get a level of enjoyment from how we play...

2. I have played friendly before and I found it completely boring. Thats why i switched to KOS.

Your point is invalid because you beleive just because you enjoy your playstyle soo much everyone else should.

Your guarantee didnt work. Do I get money back or something?

I got killed as a new spawn in Electro firehall by two geared dudes who said they were going to let me go. I laughed when they shot me in the back; I should have attacked them with my pitchfork and hoped for the best. Last night I encountered a guy as I was moving west and him east on the coast. We both had decent early gear, axes, shotguns, hunter camo, backpacks... anyways we exchanged respectful greetings and continued on our seperate ways, so not everyone is KOS.

1. I do interact with people. I just use a gun to do it. How I interact and how you interact may be different, but the results the same..

we both get a level of enjoyment from how we play...

2. I have played friendly before and I found it completely boring. Thats why i switched to KOS.

Point Proven......lol

This is why clans like mine do lockdowns, to provide a safezone for looters/new-spawns!

To deal with a groups of players is quite simple. Constantly change position, talk to them at a distance, find out their motive, never stop moving...Stealth, and keeping your enemy confused.

• Like 1

Point Proven......lol

Your copy and paste responses disgust me.....

• Like 1

Agree with this. We usually run around (fully geared with military gear and all) and collect food, then (very carefully) go to other servers and 'reverse rob' new spawns. Hold them up at gunpoint to be safe, give them food and stuff, and then leave the area very quickly and head far away before doing it again in another location. Typically it's gone pretty well, at least for the most part. But yeah, it's a shame. When We first started playing, We were in the first City near the shore (don't know what it's called) and there was a guy on the third floor of a building. We turned the corner, he shot us dead for literally no reason at all; We didn't actually have anything.

Same thing happened a few hours later when We were talking to someone in-game and they waited until We turned our back on them, then murdered us with an ax. Our friend found them and told them "What the Hell? Why did you murder her? She did nothing and had nothing.," his only response was "She didn't have anything I needed, you can loot her if you want.," followed by him running away as our friend chased his butt clean from the area.

Something wonderful happened to me last night. After getting killed outside berezino (i first thought it was a one hit zombie glitch as i was full health and died just as zombie pounced on me) but its most likely a sniper in berezino. At first i was pissed off as i lost a lot gear and a sks with scope. Spawning on coast where the big ship is i decided to give it a visit, my first visit to the ship. There i met two players since i had nothing to loose i ran to them. They were armed and didnt shoot at me, didnt want to give me any food either. They ran off, after inspecting the ship and finding absolutely nothing useful except helmet and gloves, i ran inland. Being weaponless and only 1 bandage, it was impossible to get any food due to increased number of zombies. Two hours of scrapping an odd orange or a can, finally brought my hunger down (loving it, true survival). Stumbled back to berezino and decided to check my dead body, maybe loot something back. I should mention i was able to find an m4, sks, and two handguns, and i decided to throw them away, best thing i could have done. I didnt want to go back to fear of loosing them. I found my body in the field and although all of my gear was there i wasnt able to loot it. It was an open field and i was battling about 5 zombies with a fire extinguisher. Although i had no problem of not getting hit, it was taking a long time to kill them. Next thing i heard bullets flying all around me, zombies dropping like flies, clearly someone was helping me. I saw him at outskirts of berezino, ran to him said my thanks. As i turned a corner there were about 5-6 players heavily armed, clearly friends of my saviour. I waved my hand they were HEROES. Asked if i needed anything, and even though i could have used couple of cans of food , i was just so happy to come across heroes, i said no, and went on my way. Its just so good to know there are large groups of players like this. But if i didnt throw all those weapons away, i would have most likely ended up being dead or bored in woods.

Two hours of scrapping an odd orange or a can, finally brought my hunger down (loving it, true survival). Stumbled back to berezino and decided to check my dead body, maybe loot something back. I should mention i was able to find an m4, sks, and two handguns, and i decided to throw them away, best thing i could have done. I didnt want to go back to fear of loosing them. I found my body in the field and although all of my gear was there i wasnt able to loot it.

You are telling me you found your body two hours after you were killed?  Me thinks you stumbled on another non-survivor, or something smells a bit can of tuna...

You are telling me you found your body two hours after you were killed? Me thinks you stumbled on another non-survivor, or something smells a bit can of tuna...

Well the body had my green helmet, green backpack, green sks, fire axe, so unless some poor bastard got killed as he looted me and dropped dead in my exact spot, then you are right. I did mention the body i found couldnt be looted even though weapons and backpack were clearly visible

You are telling me you found your body two hours after you were killed?  Me thinks you stumbled on another non-survivor, or something smells a bit can of tuna...

It was his body,you can see your own body but cant loot it after 10mins i think..so it was his body

Agree with this. We usually run around (fully geared with military gear and all) and collect food, then (very carefully) go to other servers and 'reverse rob' new spawns. Hold them up at gunpoint to be safe, give them food and stuff, and then leave the area very quickly and head far away before doing it again in another location. Typically it's gone pretty well, at least for the most part. 

Holy shit people who want to play as hero's and actually know how to do it and know that running up to random people with your gun down Screamin "IMA FRIENDLY" is being a retard not being a hero? I thought you were just a myth!

Edited by Weedz

Holy shit people who want to play as hero's and actually know how to do it and know that running up to random people with your gun down Screamin "IMA FRIENDLY" is being a retard not being a hero? I thought you were just a myth!

Uhm, thank you? We think?

We just figure holding them at gunpoint and letting them know 'If you run, We'll shoot you.' was a better tactic than telling them We were friendly. We can show them We're friendly after We've got control of the situation.