theswedishcathead

AKM Sneak peak close to being implemented

Take your silly plastic M4 and GTFO!

I can't wait for my beloved AKM! Hope it's not to inaccurate as I don't want to have too stick polymer on it to make it useable past 25ms!

And when they kill you with that silly plastic weapon its not going to be a matter of "its made in Russia therefore i win" bullshit mentality.

I hope its very inaccurate and needs ALLOT of good attachments to be even worth it period.

And when they kill you with that silly plastic weapon its not going to be a matter of "its made in Russia therefore i win" bullshit mentality.

I hope its very inaccurate and needs ALLOT of good attachments to be even worth it period.

Wtf do people actually like the bullshit unrealistic attachment system?

• Like 4

Obviously they do.

It's fucked up, right? Makes zero sense but people eat that shit up...sad.

• Like 1

Because there is no such thing as aftermarket gun parts and attachments, right?

Than tell that to the thousands of optional parts manufacturers for AK designs.

Not to mention many ppl love to mode out the guns rather than keep them in vanilla shape.

In a zombie apocalypse AK is win, simply because it is so reliable, and keep your "precision" bullshit to yourself, up to a few hundred meters it is completely fine. Edited by So Sexy

I think the issue is that switching out a buttstock for a rifle doesn't change it from a 6 MOA to a 1/2 MOA.

• Like 2

I think the issue is that switching out a buttstock for a rifle doesn't change it from a 6 MOA to a 1/2 MOA.

I think the issue is people forgetting that DayZ is a video game.

• Like 1

Or in this case 40 MOA to 7 MOA.

I think the issue is people forgetting that DayZ is a video game.

I think the issue is people forgetting ARMA.

• Like 4

In a zombie apocalypse AK is win, simply because it is so reliable, and keep your "precision" bullshit to youself, up to a few hundred meters it is completely fine.

You know what will win against you every single time thats better than an AK? A ladder, Dayz's natural predator of the wild.

• Like 4

I think the issue is people forgetting that DayZ isn't Arma.  

You're not employed by Magpul, are ya? :huh:

• Like 2

You're not employed by Magpul, are ya? :huh:

Maybe.  Maybe not.   ;)

You know what will win against you every single time thats better than an AK? A ladder, Dayz's natural predator of the wild.

Huh? My english must be really bad.

Huh? My english must be really bad.

So bad its sexy good.

• Like 1

Than tell that to the thousands of optional parts manufacturers for AK designs.

Not to mention many ppl love to mode out the guns rather than keep them in vanilla shape.

Changing cosmetic parts on a firearm does not increase/decrease it's accuracy. If you buy into that asinine shit I've got a fuckin' bridge I'm looking to sell, you interested?

Lmao at people saying DayZ is a game so that justifies horrible weapon mechanics. DayZ was popular BECAUSE of the milsim heritage it had. The SA is on the same engine as the mod. Nothing you guys can say will justify the fact they fucked up weapon characteristics something fucking fierce. A 100 year old weapon in this game shoots more accurately than a new modern assault rifle design.\

Make's fuckin' sense. Oh, and the attachment system is a dumb design decision too, they should only affect handling.  

• Like 1

Changing cosmetic parts on a firearm does not increase/decrease it's accuracy. If you buy into that asinine shit I've got a fuckin' bridge I'm looking to sell, you interested?

Sure just send the parts to Detroit and find the meanest guys you can possibly think of.

Lmao at people saying DayZ is a game so that justifies horrible weapon mechanics. DayZ was popular BECAUSE of the milsim heritage it had. The SA is on the same engine as the mod. Nothing you guys can say will justify the fact they fucked up weapon characteristics something fucking fierce. A 100 year old weapon in this game shoots more accurately than a new modern assault rifle design.\

Make's fuckin' sense. Oh, and the attachment system is a dumb design decision too, they should only affect handling.

Did you know that many older rifles, are more accurate than modern ones?

Probably the new players do the ones who never played Arma or the mod.

The random dispersion and the accessory mechanics are terrible. They make no sense for any game that has any resemblance of realism especially one with a mil sim heritage.

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 3

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe 100 year old snipers (undamaged of course) are more accurate than an M4. The Mosin remains a sniper and the M4 remains a CQ weapon, period. 

• Like 2

LMAO at people who think DayZ became popular because of it's milsim heritage.  It became popular because it was a sandbox world filled with zombies.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe 100 year old snipers (undamaged of course) are more accurate than an M4. The Mosin remains a sniper and the M4 remains a CQ weapon, period.

Dude do some research. The mosin Nagant surplus rifles you can find today are pieces of shit. They are not sniper rifles nor are they able to any sort of precision work .

In order to make a mosin serviceable past 600m you will need to do a lot of gun smithing.

LMAO at people who think DayZ became popular because of it's milsim heritage. It became popular because it was a sandbox world filled with zombies.

Of course it's mil sim gunplay made it popular. You think the shitty janky zombies did?

You think the buggy ass loot system or the hacking did?

No dayz was popular because of the mil sim pvp gameplay the realism and the huge map.