Rasped (DayZ)

Walking like a zombie

Exept the zombies will still run after you, so you cant use it to hide yourself
And you will still not look like a zombie, players will recognize you fast.
AND this is a suggestion, not a general discussion :)

• Like 1

And we should be able to clip through buildings like a zombie, and hit people with melee weapons when they are on the floor above us. For camoflage.

• Like 1

Sure they will, but the players might not.

Sure they can, doesn't mean they will.

yeah, sorry.

Sure they will, but the players might not.

Sure they can, doesn't mean they will.

yeah, sorry.

The amount of times I've mistaken a military zombie for a player in the distance... I don't see why it wouldn't work the other way around.

This been suggested a lot, personally I think it would help loads. Just make the zombie agro distance much smaller if you are imitating there stance. Id say it would be very adventagous to someone who has a sniper watching the town. When I snipe the thing that gives away survivors over distance is the way they move....and the train they pull. If I was doing a quick scout (say im desperate for food so needs be done quick) I could see myself missing a survivor if they were walking like a zed in reasonable proximity to other zeds. Sort of like blending into the crowd (when we get "crowds" of zeds lol).

Id like to see zombies clad in different cloths that are in the loot tables aswell. That way a survivor blending could be great because the zombies have he same cloths items as us :)

EDIT - Add this to a thread I just read about the zeds attacking eachother and a blended survivor could be a lot harder to spot if some random zeds are having fights with eachother in the street :)

Edited by Karmaterror

Quislings

Well that word took me on a merry trip on Wikipedia.  Wikipedia; come to find something specific, stay for hours looking at other random crap.

• Like 4

If that was added I'd love to see the player being able to 'play dead' too.

Of course if someone comes up to you they can still see your breath and if they checked pulse it'll be good and strong!

We should be able to walk and run like a zombie, as camouflage.

It would be cool, and very useful.

With KoS all around i wonder how you will survive the moment a players sees you...zombie or not.

Edited by Enforcer

With KoS all around i wonder how you will survive the moment a players sees you...zombie or not.

Well, as far as i can see, people tend to let the zombies alive and just kill other survivors :rolleyes: Mad...............

Feign death is a cool idea. Can remember Unreal Tournament (99), sometimes that trick really worked :D

Edited by lauda

Im hoping when enough zeds are added we get that whole "don't fire that gun here u nab!".....itl get us killed!!" mentality comes back a lil. Then even if you spot a survivor imitating a zed....it would be a judgement call wether you take the shot or not. With enough zeds taking the shot could mean the end of you aswell :)

Quislings

Thanks for expanding my dictionary, what a great word! Also im in favour of the OP suggestion, but as it is a suggestion, this should really be in the suggestion section...

Im hoping when enough zeds are added we get that whole "don't fire that gun here u nab!".....itl get us killed!!" mentality comes back a lil. Then even if you spot a survivor imitating a zed....it would be a judgement call wether you take the shot or not. With enough zeds taking the shot could mean the end of you aswell :)

I had enough encounters where one of my group was shot at and it didn't end well for the attacker because of the zeds. I was looting in a town with a buddy and suddenly got shot at by a player with a makarov - i had a winchester. So i decided to duck and turn my head to acquire the target while zeds were closing in. I pinned him down by shooting at his cover multiple times to scare the shit out of him until i circled around his cover exposing him and somehow he decided to bolt over the street and i shot his leg, i heard a crack and i ran away...soon after he was swarmed by zeds end met his end the second time in 5 mins and countless times in an hour like the PVPer he was...

Edited by Enforcer

There is a reason the infected attack players but tend not to attack each other. Assuming the virus isn't intelligent, it means that there must be some sense-based trigger. Since they aren't screaming all that often, my guess is either sight or smell. If it is sight, shambling should ward them off. If it is smell, there should be some way to mask or imitate as necessary to some extent.

We need the ability to. Raft zombie pets - machete, rope, and zed... Hordes are a must once they fix the path issues - that's when this game will change for a pure PvP.

I'd just rather have going prone and slow actually make a difference to zombie aggro.

They aggro me regardless of how fast/slow, or visible I am. Zombie aggros themselves need revamping before I'd consider putting in "imitation" camouflage, which I'd assume would be more to fool players than zombies.

Used to do this in RDR a lot with mixed results, throw a low profile shotgun over my shoulder and a common "townie" skin, walk around like the AI would and fool PvPers riding into town unawares. But, in RDR, once targeted your name shows up... hence the mixed results.

Edited by Katana67

The amount of times I've mistaken a military zombie for a player in the distance... I don't see why it wouldn't work the other way around.

exactly, but you would get the bullet to your face nevertheless :D

Edited by RedAscendant

exactly, but you would get the bullet to your face nevertheless :D

When we get respawning, numerous zombies....people wont be wasting valuable ammo on them ;)

When we get respawning, numerous zombies....people wont be wasting valuable ammo on them ;)

I suppose yes

Anyway, it would be a very interesting feature as I see it can fit in a lot of situations.

And like OP says, its just cool too :P

not with this glorious addon

Zombies_in_Atlanta.jpg

Edited by duke0095

I tried this before, but the only problem with posting it in suggestions, that I feel the Suggestions thread is only read by nay-sayers. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/164216-become-a-zombiewalk-like-a-zombie/#entry1658776

If you want to post it here, just leave it open ended in the Topic Title

"Is it a good idea to try to Behave like a Zombie?"

"Should it be suggested to be able to walk like a drunkard/Zombie?"

"Would it be prudent to query the devs to have the option to look like a Zombie at distance?  Despite the handles of axes and the butt of the gun or backpack giving us away?"