Sign in to follow this  
Captain Cornhole

Can you zoom in further when looking through iron sights?

Hey I was just wondering if its possible to aim down the sights and get more zoom then you already get when doing so?  I was watching some of Frankie's video's of him playing and in the Morgan freeman video he does it at the end.  I'm wondering if this was post production editing or if its possible to do it in game.  At least that way I know if other players can do that to me and have a HUGE advantage over anyone who hasn't figured out how to do that yet lolz.  Let me know plz :D

You can in Arma, not in DayZ though.

• Like 1

Well you can change the FOV slider to zoom in(guessing you don't play with default settings).

*not ever

Never say never, the only reason it's not in is because three very short lines of code are missing.

Hopefully it is a mistake - if not, then screw vanilla, time for modding.

• Like 2

can you zoom extra in real life while aiming through iron sights? the answer is no, no you cannot.

can you zoom extra in real life while aiming through iron sights? the answer is no, no you cannot.

Can you click something in real life and you can see yourself in 3rd-person?

Can you click something in real life and you can see yourself in 3rd-person?

I prefer hardcore because you can't 3rd person :) I click all the time irl like a little clicker I click and clack!  Thanks for all the replies on this, I was thinking it was post production.  I just really wanted to know if I was at any disadvantage because other people might know something I don't when defending vs bandits.

when you right click, it puts you at max zoom already. test it yourself if you'd like.

when you right click, it puts you at max zoom already. test it yourself if you'd like.

No, it puts you right in between the two: too much zoom for inside/close range, too little zoom for outside/long range. It's less versatile and is a downgrade from ARMA-style controls.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I agree with you here. In the mod the goal of zooming in is to further investigate something in the distance you are interested in, correct? In real life there is something you can do to help you achieve this retrieve this extra information. Think about it, you're walking outside and see something far away, not sure what it is, what do you do? You squeeze your eyes, to block out peripheral light/vision. Also, your brains try to actually process all the 'data' that comes in, instead of making assumptions. Your brain makes a lot of assumptions, to minimize the 'workload' of useless information, you don't see the leaves on a tree, your brain makes them up, it sees this shape that is probably a tree with leaves, so you think you see the leaves, while actually your brain just filled in the blank spot. Until you focus on said leaves, that is. 

My (real life) experience is that one can get better information of looking at something in the distance. Another experience is that when looking through gun sights this effect gets greater. Finally, I notice that I'm more capable to looking at targets up to 500m away (iron sights) when well rested, fit, energized etc as opposed to being awake for a few days with very little rest, deprived of food, physically heavily loaded and having moved significant distances in shit weather conditions. 

change your field of view put it to the end of left side and you got more zoom when you zoom :D

yes you can hold the gun normally, just raised, about 20cm from your eye,or you can pull the sight right up close to your eye for more accuracy