icetneo

Waiting for host / Session Lost / Lag and Desync since last patch

Solution!

Same thing was happening to me, find out where you last were, (where your character will login at) and have your friend go on a server to that location, as soon as your character appears have you friend spam bullets at your body.  You will die and the server will crash, you can login to a different server and be fine, besides losing your loot. But you'll be able to play!

i am having some kind of desync/lag whatever since a few months now, stopped playing and read about some hotfixes. so i couldnt interact with items, or doors, pull weapon etc. but appearently i could run around because i logged on where i logged off. and i get this connection issue again.

most of the time this happend/ still happens at server start, but today i was running around with a friend and we played together like 2 hours, with a server restart, and everything was fine. as we were about to enter grishina mil base i got this problem out of nowhere again.

there seemed to be another player close to us. i also desync/lag everytime when i carry boxes(ammo, medipack, yellow box) and occasionaly without them

wish that admins or someone that has something to do with the game could answer and acctually say that this is something that is a priority or at least been worked on.. cant find anything when googleing it .. starting to get really annoying! 

any new info on this desync issue?

I've come to the conclusion that no server is better than others at the moment when it comes to desync. Some days on a particular server, regardless of player count, I have very little issue with desync aside from weapons returning to inventory after trying to pull them out. Other days however, I can't change between weapons at all which is very odd since the game allows me to move around, tracking my movements and taking damage from zombies but, switching weapons and updating what I see is not functioning properly. I mean talk about walking into town unaware of desync and then possibly getting a shotgun blast to the face because my visuals aren't updating. Just as bad as getting chased by zombies I can't see because my friend is telling me that I got some on me, chasing them with a fire axe as I hope I don't get axed as well.

• Like 1

I have the same issue. Since the latest update to 43 version I cannot play anymore. I tried already to reinstall, update drivers, fixed the BE problem. Nothing works. Whenever I connect to a server I can play for a few seconds, but than I get the red chain and 30 seconds later I get disconnected. Finally I cannot return to main menu and have to kill dayz.This is reproducible.

I would appreciate any statement if someone is looking into this issue, as it looks like that I'm not the only person with this issue.

Same problem as described here:

Other days however, I can't change between weapons at all which is very odd since the game allows me to move around, tracking my movements and taking damage from zombies but, switching weapons and updating what I see is not functioning properly. I mean talk about walking into town unaware of desync and then possibly getting a shotgun blast to the face because my visuals aren't updating. Just as bad as getting chased by zombies I can't see because my friend is telling me that I got some on me, chasing them with a fire axe as I hope I don't get axed as well.

Also posted here because I missed this thread (facepalm).
Original report: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/184853-is-this-a-desync-problem-what-can-i-do-to-avoid-it-next-time/

Yeah I got this issue as well

Its not clear whether or not the hotfix has actually gone out today but if it did, it didnt do anything for me :(

still got the problemo, anyone can really? tell us what is happening?

supposedly there is a fix coming by the end of the month.

I have these issues along with one of my buddies.  All our other friends don't get the joy of experiencing it.  I find that rather odd.

Losing connection after maybe 10 seconds and kicked by about 70 seconds on every server.

I've seen servers with 40 players suddenly drop to zero over the weekend too. 

Tried updating Battle eye and restarting my router but didn't help. 

Has anything official been posted on here or steam about server issues? 

read the first paragraph of the dev blog. Keeping my fingers crossed it actually solves it.

That doesn't sound like the same thing.

But my friend seems to get huge ping and desync issues and we're having trouble identifying if it's a DayZ problem or internet problem. Do you guys get massive ping as well or just the desync? Or do high ping and desync always happen together?

Everytime I try to connect to a server it gets stuck on "Wait for host". I tried updating everything, etc. etc. Is this what you all are talking about? If so, then I have to wait for them to fix it within the next couple of weeks?

Just started getting this on every server last night.  First off I get initial login lag that I never had before, takes about 3 min to be able to pull out a weapon.  Then about a minute or two later I get session lost.  Anyone got a fix for this (hopefully besides reinstalling the game)?  I seriously doubt this has anything to do with my connection.  It started last night, I was with my clan.  At first we organized and went to our destination on our home server.  Everything worked fine for over 2 hours on this server.  Then we went to a populated server only to find that it filled up before all our peeps could get on (was on that server for about 10+ min with no problems).  Then we find a 3rd server and after 5 min the game crashes on me and I now have this problem on every server I join.

Just started getting this on every server last night.  First off I get initial login lag that I never had before, takes about 3 min to be able to pull out a weapon.  Then about a minute or two later I get session lost.  Anyone got a fix for this (hopefully besides reinstalling the game)?  I seriously doubt this has anything to do with my connection.  It started last night, I was with my clan.  At first we organized and went to our destination on our home server.  Everything worked fine for over 2 hours on this server.  Then we went to a populated server only to find that it filled up before all our peeps could get on (was on that server for about 10+ min with no problems).  Then we find a 3rd server and after 5 min the game crashes on me and I now have this problem on every server I join.

Merging

So was the hotfix for this supposed to have already come out?  It's a month after the initial report that they were going to hotfix this issue.  Really sucks that I just joined a new clan a week and a half ago and I'm already having to take a LOA until this issue is fixed.  Only gotten to play standalone about a month and a half combined since new years : /

Similar issue - ping in the 90-120 range and inability to access servers due to being stuck on the "Waiting for host" message. Joining the crowd waiting for a fix.

Still having this problem, can anyone give us a date on when there will be a patch for this fix? I would like to play dayZ again... 

.....still getting session lost after update.  Clan suggested turning off AA and Vsync, no dice.  Tried resetting modem, no dice.  Going to contact my ISP tomorrow to have them reset my connection on their end and hopefully this solves it.