icetneo

Waiting for host / Session Lost / Lag and Desync since last patch

does anybody have the experience that they bring the hotfix directly to stable after they finished it? or will it first go on experimental and then wensday on stable?

because i organized a lanparty with some friends to play dayz tomorrow. would be nice to know.

thanks

Bing Bong! Your new Update!

Bing Bong! Another update for lag/desync problems!

Edited by w00kie

There is another thread for this guys! Which has been giving out updates and has been pinned!.

See here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/181074-join-sever-delay-waiting-for-host-since-latest-patch/?p=1869340

indeed but there has also been several threads in GD for this apparently the search function is broken and has been for some time.

Oh bums :( More work for the forum mods lol! Thanks for letting me know Window Licker. I shall let you get back to window licking lol

does anybody have the experience that they bring the hotfix directly to stable after they finished it? or will it first go on experimental and then wensday on stable?

because i organized a lanparty with some friends to play dayz tomorrow. would be nice to know.

thanks

This is a big deal and is game-breaking for a big part of the community so for something like this they will likely roll directly to Stable.  It is possible, if the devs are concerned their hotfix won't work or might make things worse, that they'd test on Experimental first, but they've already been doing that.  (That's why Experimental was pretty much offline over the weekend and then heavily monitored earlier this week.)

Recent dev posts on this issue are very definitive about having ID'd the problem & being close to a fix.  I don't think they'd be talking this way unless their confidence level was very high that they clearly understand the root cause and can fix, as the only thing that would make the current situation worse would be to act like they've got the issue understood and are very close to a fix when in fact they are not.  

• Like 1

There is another thread for this guys! Which has been giving out updates and has been pinned!.

See here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/181074-join-sever-delay-waiting-for-host-since-latest-patch/?p=1869340

This thread was at least an hour behind mine in posting the update in the OP and as WindowLicker pointed out the search function is pretty wonky at the moment.  

• Like 1

This is a big deal and is game-breaking for a big part of the community so for something like this they will likely roll directly to Stable.  It is possible, if the devs are concerned their hotfix won't work or might make things worse, that they'd test on Experimental first, but they've already been doing that.  (That's why Experimental was pretty much offline over the weekend and then heavily monitored earlier this week.)

Recent dev posts on this issue are very definitive about having ID'd the problem & being close to a fix.  I don't think they'd be talking this way unless their confidence level was very high that they clearly understand the root cause and can fix, as the only thing that would make the current situation worse would be to act like they've got the issue understood and are very close to a fix when in fact they are not.

Thank you for your answer :)

Thank you for your answer :)

Just remember I have no actual insider info...This is just reasonable speculation...yes, it's reasonable, but it's still just speculation.  :D

You are linking to a profile, not a post.

Click Posts in his profile.  

Anyway here is a link to a forum post from devtracker by rocket, confirming that they may very well have found the problem and are preparing a hotfix for it.

I linked this post 3 hours ago.  

I've started seeing a pattern where recently restarted servers don't have these issues. This is the third freshly restarted server I play on that's currently (at time of writing) free of these issues

someone wrote this in the bug report, anybody made the same experience?

Click Posts in his profile.  Any specific reason for that esoteric way of linking instead of just providing a direct url?

I linked this post 3 hours ago.  No, you typed a post, containing the text. I posted the actual link.

Click Posts in his profile.  Any specific reason for that esoteric way of linking instead of just providing a direct url? Just to annoy try-hard bronies like yourself

I linked this post 3 hours ago.  No, you typed a post, containing the text. I posted the actual link. And no, I posted the actual tweet from rocket.  It was the OP of a thread that was merged with this one.  It's the 11th post in this thread.

Edited by iBane

im getting an issue where I can play for a few minoutes then all of a sudden I can't swap or use any items or interract with the world bar running about (though my ping is listed as 17 to 20 on most servers).  Then it pops up the session lost and kicks me off.  No yellow or red chain up until that point, just a big boot up the arse and off the server.....

K.

• Like 1

im getting an issue where I can play for a few minoutes then all of a sudden I can't swap or use any items or interract with the world bar running about (though my ping is listed as 17 to 20 on most servers).  Then it pops up the session lost and kicks me off.  No yellow or red chain up until that point, just a big boot up the arse and off the server.....

K.

Check out this thread http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/181074-waiting-for-host-session-lost-lag-and-desync-since-last-patch/

There will be an update later today which will fix this issue.

How fucking long it will take to fix this problem? It's pretty frustrating trying to find a decent server for 20 minutes, and then spawn in front of someone who fucking shoots you... Especially when I haven't seen anyone for ages. This game is pretty much a single-player game now, where eventually something is scripted to kill you. The best thing about this game, interaction with other players, doesn't seem to exist anymore.