cywehner1234

Will DayZ SA die out to Mods just like the Mod did?

Do you believe DayZ SA Vanilla will die out to mods?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe DayZ SA Vanilla will die out to mods?

• Yes, I think it will die out due to mods
    • No, I believe it will not die out due to mods

I don't understand why most people are crying that DayZ is reaching it's end. Do we not know what alpha means? There will be good things and bad things. Would suggest anyone who hates the game to uninstall?

I don't understand why most people are crying that DayZ is reaching it's end. Do we not know what alpha means? There will be good things and bad things. Would suggest anyone who hates the game to uninstall?

What I really dont understand is why you're typing in white. And who are you to know? You have 2 posts. You would have no clue if anyone was even crying about DayZ reaching its end. Bye.

• Like 1

My first post on here I usually don't do the forum thing. But I know the biggest reason me and a big group of my friends stopped playing the mod was mainly how many hackers/script kiddies we had to ban constantly when we had our server public. We would get a couple a day unlocking vehicles on the epoch mod and hacking the admin features, also running infinite ammo that is the worst. Eventually had to make it private and that just kind of ruined the fun of the game for us. No real challenge at that point. Took it down after a couple of months. It just isn't worth playing if they can't keep their numbers down. Hopefully VAC will be able to help with this. But I have seen a lot of funny business posted and seen some weird stuff on standard in SA, not as much in hardcore probably due to the lower server/ player count in those. Hope they get around to fixing the desync and wall exploiting soon. Could massively help the experience of playing the game even in alpha.

• Like 2

Most likely SA will end up like the mod and a new dayz game will be created.

Isn't the hole point of making this game stand alone to eliminate the ability to mod? Have the devs actually said it will be modable after release, or do you all just presume this based on its history? The only reason I can fathom to make it stand alone with the ability to mod is for the cash grab they are getting now. Otherwise, why not just enhance the existing mod?

Gamers like things easy and everything handed to them on a sliver platter.  Of course there is going to be a hell of a lot more who would want a modded server.  Thousands of cars everywhere, start with whatever gun you want, less about survival more about just being a shooter.  

Well, that's a good thing actually, because the rest of us can play the game like it's intented to be played then.

I'm on a semi-break from the game at the moment and rarely log in anymore because I'm kind sick of having to deal with all those server-hopping and/ or dupping kids that shoot me in the face the moment they see me and only use their mic afterwards to call me "n*igger" or "f*ag" or whatever creative insult they might come up with.

No please no. I remember 2 years ago when you spawned just with your pants on the coast. Now when I  spawned in DayZ mod I could choose where to spawn, and I even spawned with shotgun and silence pistol so WTF is this? Why doesn´t it spawn us directly to the base, where the server give us AS50, tents with full loot and 3-4 vehicles? It is radiculous. Modders are destroying this game. It was good as it was made.

Edited by TeaPack

I have no problem with mods at all, and I think they can add a lot to a game. At the same time, should this game ever be finished, it will likely have most features people want. So as a compromise why not allow approved mods only? You can submit it yo Bohemia or wherever is most appropriate and if they think it is ok, they will allow it to be a mod of the game.

• Like 1

I have no problem with mods at all, and I think they can add a lot to a game. At the same time, should this game ever be finished, it will likely have most features people want. So as a compromise why not allow approved mods only? You can submit it yo Bohemia or wherever is most appropriate and if they think it is ok, they will allow it to be a mod of the game.

This would be a great idea. However I don't see that happening because then it would take a lot of time to go through each mod.

• Like 1

I find it astonishing how people manage to clock up 100+ hours on Standalone in its current state. There's literally nothing to do but PRETEND to survive by PRETENDING the zombies are an actual threat. And how anybody who wants something to do is a 'casual'. 

Once this game is done and they open it up for modding, I believe it will gain a second wind, I get the distinct feeling that a large portion of people who purchased the SA did so without any research and got quite a jarring shock when the game they bought didn't match what they expected.  However for all of those who do enjoy the bang bang spawning loaded with items and might as well leave your shoes on the coast cos your driving and flying everywhere.  They will have to wait until someone comes out with a mod.  The only thing that would kill this is if a different game comes along that can handle the same concept better.

not completely, but most players will move to playing one of the mods, since dayzdeathmatch gets boring pretty quick.

Hello there

Dont forget that without modding DAYZ would never have existed.

I dont think the SA will "die" but it will evolve into something very "other" and there will be very many diluted "easy" servers. We saw it in the mod and theres no reason to imagine that the playerbase will vastly change. (except in scale)

People do not like delayed gratification and want all the things.

But on the flip side, tanks to the games popularity, hopefully there will be a quite a few Vanilla or tweaked servers for us to join that still keep the DAYZ ethos.

Im not concerned about modding,just as long as I have a decent server browser to exclude the servers I dislike.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

I preferred Vanilla mod, but a lot of my buddies started playing Origins / Epoch so I joined them.  Could barely find a Vanilla server towards the end of the mod when SA hit.   Now they are all expecting SA to feature all the stuff from the mods, and they act like it isn't Dayz without safes full of weapons, castles, and infinite vehicles.  Its kind of sad.   I hope mods don't take over.

What I really dont understand is why you're typing in white. And who are you to know? You have 2 posts. You would have no clue if anyone was even crying about DayZ reaching its end. Bye.

I know because I've been viewing these forums for quite awhile now. From what I seen, nearly everyone is bitching and crying. Regardless whether I have 2 post or 1000 post, I'm not the only who has this thought. I can post in white because I can. Your welcome to leave the forum if you don't like that.

Really I believe we have to wait until the it is fully released to tell if it will die to mods. Based on what I know they want to do with the build I voted that it will not die. Many of the things that the mod's mods did will be encorporated into the build. Also Rocket actually has a team now to fufill all of wild desires.

It all comes down to simplicity.  The majority of players don't want to have to think when they play games.  This have been prevalent through out the gaming industry when you see posts such as "I don't have the time to do this" or "I have a job, games shouldn't be a second job".  So players will flock to the most simplistic games or mods of games to get their enjoyment.

It all comes down to simplicity. The majority of players don't want to have to think when they play games. This have been prevalent through out the gaming industry when you see posts such as "I don't have the time to do this" or "I have a job, games shouldn't be a second job". So players will flock to the most simplistic games or mods of games to get their enjoyment.

If that were true nobody would even bother playing dayz at all.

• Like 1

the reason I don't think it will die out to mods is because I don't think its going to get that far along for it to die out to mods for it. Its been how long and not very much has changed. I don't know if there will be a finished game to die out

• Like 1

the reason I don't think it will die out to mods is because I don't think its going to get that far along for it to die out to mods for it. Its been how long and not very much has changed. I don't know if there will be a finished game to die out

exactly.

Modding will come with the beta, considering the actual developing status, beta will take 2 years to be released, at least. The game will certainly die out before it.

Edited by lipemr

i Hope they make it to where there is a limited spawn on vehicles in mods that will be around 100, and helis? less than 4 with rare ass parts

Um, no. 

No choppers, ty.

Unrealistic.  Was only in the mod because it was Arma.

Um, no. 

No choppers, ty.

Unrealistic.  Was only in the mod because it was Arma.

Chernarus has 3 airfields, it would be unrealistic if there were no helicopters, civilian, military, police or otherwise.

Chernarus has 3 airfields, it would be unrealistic if there were no helicopters, civilian, military, police or otherwise.

The Army bailed taking all aircraft with them leaving the local population and a few soldiers to fend for themselves. :D

That's my story and I'm sticking to it

• Like 2

I think that's a very negative view on the game's development, and speaks volumes for your lack of video game development knowledgement. It takes years to develop and release a game, upwards of 2, sometimes 3 for a game with a very barebones base. It's not like development for games like Counter Strike: Global Offensive which had a fantastic pre-established game base and engine to go off of. My only fear is that players and members of the community like you will drag the developers and development down with your negative attitude. If you don't like the game or where you "think" it's headed, you can go ahead and leave.