gregnator

Reason why Bandits rise and heroes die.

I'm vocally against private hives because they break up large communities into fractured small communities.

Look at the state of Rust. It's all private servers. It's such a pain in the dick building up your character only to have the server go down and lose everything.

You then switch to a new server and after a few days you lose everything again because a badmin gets angry for whatever BS reason and bans half the server for killing his friend.

You guys rolling as a 12 man murder squad is actually fun for a lot of us DayZ players. It keeps things tense and on our toes. Makes life exciting.

Private hives will exist, but I dread those days. I fear all the carebears will go to their servers while all the clans will slump off to theirs and boot anyone who DARES kill them or challenges their supremacy.

This will leaves public hives a wasteland of solo KOSers and hackers.

It will in no way break up little community dayz has now. Private hives will create bigger and better communities, and the people who love the public server community stuff, will still be there. Only change will be that people have a choice with community instead of being forced.

own private loot farm without the fear of death...

Thank you for proving my point. You are either a troll, or the most retarded person alive.

I am sorry your undeveloped brain can only think about "Loot farm"

Edited by orlok
do not insult other members, please

Hmm, seems the OP wants to play in "Teams vs Teams"

When did this become COD or Battlefield.  It's a survival game.

• Like 2

Thank you for proving my point. You are either a troll, or the most retarded person alive.

Insults...

The last line of defense against a winning arguement

• Like 3

i·ro·ny1
ˈīrənē,ˈiərnē/
noun

1. 1.
    the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
    "“Don't go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony"
    synonyms: sarcasm, causticity, cynicismmockerysatire, sardonicism More

Seriously, calling him a troll when your post has made people, like myself, face palm. 

Also, use appropriate terminology, you are not supporting your argument by calling people the "R" word.  <_<

@Greg, you did a very good thing in response to my prior post. dont let these people get to you and pull you back down.

@ everyone else who has posted since my last post, and has continued with the arguing.... STOP. GO BACK, and read my post. youve either missed it, or ignored it. i made an attempt to keep the peace. i read all the posts and made educated determinations on the subject. by ignoring it, or not reading it, you are spitting in the peace treaty face. its kind of silly that it comes to this, but sometimes we lose track of whats going on and the internet becomes a really stupid free for all type deal.

quick recap was basicly this: the overall "What" he wants is a valid desire. HOW he went about asking for it was overall wrong, and he admited to that. stop beating him up over crap, cause your being the bad guys.

• Like 1

he admited to that. stop beating him up over crap, cause your being the bad guys.

Yeah stop picking on him all you bad people you.....

@Greg, you did a very good thing in response to my prior post. dont let these people get to you and pull you back down.

@ everyone else who has posted since my last post, and has continued with the arguing.... STOP. GO BACK, and read my post. youve either missed it, or ignored it. i made an attempt to keep the peace. i read all the posts and made educated determinations on the subject. by ignoring it, or not reading it, you are spitting in the peace treaty face. its kind of silly that it comes to this, but sometimes we lose track of whats going on and the internet becomes a really stupid free for all type deal.

quick recap was basicly this: the overall "What" he wants is a valid desire. HOW he went about asking for it was overall wrong, and he admited to that. stop beating him up over crap, cause your being the bad guys.

seriously you write like a twelve year old girl would when she was five.

The abused become the abusers and then cry it's other peoples fault, love it! keep up the sterling work op! 10/10 would read again!!

The only other input you have added to this matter. Aside from the sarcasm, you state that the OP, being abused, is becoming an abuser. lets look at that...

"We are sick and tired of server hoppers,hackers,idiots."

who isnt sick of server hoppers and hackers? tell me you wouldnt rather a DayZ that was free of those things. weather or not it can be done, im sure you would rather not play with hackers. lets not worrie about server hoppers so much, because we can get into an entire discussion of weather or not its game breaking. furthermore, on the "Idiots" section of this, i dont know the OP's intent or definition, but to me, i would take it to mean server hoppers, hackers, glitchers and whatnot. so whatever. im sure the OP could care less about some one who just bought the game playing on his server.

"We want private servers and hives, so we can play competitive in teams, so we don't have to deal with idiots."

Breaking this down, we see the OP doesnt want to play with "idiots" which has been established as meaning hackers and such for this discussion. He would like the ability to have private servers. hives too, but weather or not you can get both, i highly doubt, perhaps if you owned two servers you could have them connected, sure why not. he also wants to be able to play in competitive teams. would that make the game more like other games? yes. does his wish mean that it will happen? no. can he wish for it anyway? hell yeah he can. i think it would be a cool SIDE feature. perhaps a mod later down the road. i remember back when FPS's spawned everyone with the same basic weapon and you had to go find the better ones. imagin that kind of game, but starting with NO weapon, and having to find everything before going up against the other team. it could be cool. but lets focus on Day Z first. still, i think its a cool idea Greg.

Private servers? well, i could see how it could be something a player might want. i mean, if you pay for the server, why cant you use the server in the way you want? the game isnt at that stage right now, but is this really a criminal desire? no.

looking at some of the responses, many people are against the private server idea because they dont want a player to be able to gear up in a server where they wouldnt have to deal with other players, before hopping on and killing everyone they see. it wasnt mentioned in the original post, but the OP does later on state that he wouldnt want to be able to do that, and that gear you equip from the private server should be serperate from the gear you have on other servers(its own hive) BAM, problem solved.

now i realize that some of these things may have other factors in play, factors that i know nothing about because ive never made a game. but they are no reason to smash him for them.

FINALLY, as was mentioned in the first post. The OP was WRONG about how he practicly demanded this. Theres no real excuse for this. he is wrong for calling people retarded and any other retaliation he did to the other posters. lets look from his perspective though, he was defending himself. this will ofcourse result in further bashing by others, and then he will defend some more. its a never ending cycle. which is why i decided to make my first post, and call a truce, to which he quoted and said "^this" which i can only assume to mean that he agreed to it, and was in a way appologizing(its not easy to suddenly agree that you had a part to play and say sorry, so i applaud him for that). to have posters continue to attack his earlyer posts, while offensive as they where, is not the right thing to do here people.

Forgive and forget, move on. id like to think that we are all still people here and we can come to gether and communicate. maybe in this way, his group will stop hunting bambies and we can all get along a little better ingame and out.

• Like 2

Hmm, seems the OP wants to play in "Teams vs Teams"

When did this become COD or Battlefield.  It's a survival game.

To all of you who keep thinking I mean fps DEATHMATH ALL VS ALL COD,ARMA,BATTLEFIELD style.

I assume that you are not reading correctly, please carefully read my post and other post explaining what I mean, and/or read the posts lastdogdead made, you keep on saying "It's not cod, it's not arma" you are just making yourself look very silly, because the people who are actually capable of reading and understanding can easily see that I DO not mean Arma,cod or battlefield style. I am not going to repeat what I mean, just look up what I said.

In DayZ you need to learn not to give a fuck.

-Do not give a fuck about dying

-Do not give a fuck about your gear

-Do not give a fuck about bandits

-Do not give a fuck about heroes

-Do not give a fuck about KoS

-Do not give a fuck how others want to play the game

-Do not give a fuck about it being alpha and the associated problems.

Once you let go of the "fucks" DayZ is fun, and nothing about it stresses you out.

Probably the single most intelligent post I have ever read on these forums.

This should be the message that pops up when you log in instead of the alpha notification which nobody is reading anyway.

In DayZ you need to learn not to give a fuck.

-Do not give a fuck about dying

-Do not give a fuck about your gear

-Do not give a fuck about bandits

-Do not give a fuck about heroes

-Do not give a fuck about KoS

-Do not give a fuck how others want to play the game

-Do not give a fuck about it being alpha and the associated problems.

Once you let go of the "fucks" DayZ is fun, and nothing about it stresses you out.

When Rocket said: "I got the idea for DayZ, starving to death in the jungle," this is really what he meant...

Edited by Dallas

It will in no way break up little community dayz has now. Private hives will create bigger and better communities, and the people who love the public server community stuff, will still be there. Only change will be that people have a choice with community instead of being forced.

Everyone who enjoyed the core experience of public hives hated how the private servers basically sucked out everyone.

People (like you) gravitate towards the path of least resistance. You like the game, but when a promise of making things just a tiiiiniest bit easier, you get on it.

Others start doing it, and eventually it becomes a very clich-centric hub of ass kissing players being ruled by admins who kick and ban on a whim. It always happens.

Meanwhile, the only people left on public servers are trolls and hackers and nothing is done about it because no one of value plays there anyway. The public hive scene died because of private hives, and even people denying it in other threads always seem to end up proving it by accident when showing data they think supports otherwise.

I stopped reading his bullshit when he assumed English was my native language. btw, jexter if you have nothing usefull to add to this discussion, i would suggest stop posting

Yeah, I'm sorry I assumed English was your primary language. I must keep reminding myself that shit poop comes in all hues.

I stopped reading his bullshit when he assumed English was my native language. btw, jexter if you have nothing usefull to add to this discussion, i would suggest stop posting

That was useful. Just because your butthurt little head can't understand isn't my fault. Essentially, his post just blew all your arguments out the water in a perfectly reasonable way. It's up to you if you want to be a dumbass about it :)

Everyone who enjoyed the core experience of public hives hated how the private servers basically sucked out everyone.

People (like you) gravitate towards the path of least resistance. You like the game, but when a promise of making things just a tiiiiniest bit easier, you get on it.

Others start doing it, and eventually it becomes a very clich-centric hub of ass kissing players being ruled by admins who kick and ban on a whim. It always happens.

Meanwhile, the only people left on public servers are trolls and hackers and nothing is done about it because no one of value plays there anyway. The public hive scene died because of private hives, and even people denying it in other threads always seem to end up proving it by accident when showing data they think supports otherwise.

Private hives ruined dayz - that is a fucking fact. Want to ruin the SA, let server admins run the game how they like and see how fucked up it gets. If these people want dayz with 500 cars and starting weapons they can go play the mod. It's still there so go fill ur boots.

Private hives ruined dayz - that is a fucking fact. Want to ruin the SA, let server admins run the game how they like and see how fucked up it gets. If these people want dayz with 500 cars and starting weapons they can go play the mod. It's still there so go fill ur boots.

You can rant all you want about private hives ruining the game...it is fact that they did and the same will happen in the SA once they allow it. But don't forget there are also a decent amount of private hive servers who don't buttfeed the players with starting gear and premium loot and want present a more authentic survival experience compared to the daily KoSing. Your opinion is kind of biased.

• Like 1

You can rant all you want about private hives ruining the game...it is fact that they did and the same will happen in the SA once they allow it. But don't forget there are also a decent amount of private hive servers who don't buttfeed the players with starting gear and premium loot and want present a more authentic survival experience compared to the daily KoSing. Your opinion is kind of biased.

My opinion is heavily biased because I've yet to meet an admin in any game who didn't kick and/or ban on a whim.

The reason I love the SA server structure is because admins have to suck it up or else they can have their server shut down?

Are you and your squad cconsistently getting rolled by 1 guy who is clearly a better shot than you and your friends? Tough shit.

Like Rust, my concern with private hives is also that you eventually know everyone on that server. It takes a lot of the suspense of always running into random folks after a while.

What you all need to remember, is simple...

Even in the dark, there is light...

The irony is that they will have to be contained to their own server, in which no one will play because 15 out of 50 people running around in a deathsquad is not going to be healthy for server population!

I dont even get how thats fun, 15 guns running around and roflolstomping groups of 1-5? Give me a break, how pathetic must the guy be in real life? Best part, by his own criteria he wont be able to go to other servers to get gear to go to other servers because they will be on private hives! 

That could be fun...The clan I am in loves servers like that.  In the mod, we were always looking for private servers run by clans.  We would jump on, 5-10 deep, and get some quick crap gear,  Then we would bait the alpha clan in and step on them.  Instant high end gear.  Great hearing them cry.  Most often, they would finally ban us or resort to using admin powers to kill us.  Maybe 1 out of ever 15-20 clans would step up to the challenge.  When they did, oh how much fun it was.

If you do get your private server in the future, look forward to a visit from the JC clan...hahaha

My opinion is heavily biased because I've yet to meet an admin in any game who didn't kick and/or ban on a whim.

The reason I love the SA server structure is because admins have to suck it up or else they can have their server shut down?

Are you and your squad cconsistently getting rolled by 1 guy who is clearly a better shot than you and your friends? Tough shit.

Like Rust, my concern with private hives is also that you eventually know everyone on that server. It takes a lot of the suspense of always running into random folks after a while.

You are clearly playing on the wrong server(s) if that happens to you all the time. Haven't been kicked or banend by an admin yet but then again i don't yap around like a 5yo challenging them to some gangbang every 5 mins. It's also depending a lot on the players behaviour, you kill them be proud and stfu...you can them noobs and what else you deserve the kick/ban. You show them respect they show you respect, you show them respect they don't show you respect leave and look for another server, that simple. I don't mind having a good player or two on a server, it gives you a challenge to become better than him. We were around 20th place in the OFP league back then and weren't really that good when i joined the clan but new players, a lot of training and discipline brought us up to the top 5 with a ( let me lie ) 15+ win streak eventually ended by a draw with the 1st placed clan and even won in 2 other small leagues, others were pissed and didn't like us for that because they were jealous but didn't want to put some effort into in themselves.

But you are right, always having the same players can get boring after a while, but you also have some casuals who show up every now and then. If you keep KoSing and pvp at a controlled level they will happily come back for another asswhooping either for you or for them but you can't deny that even if you had a ton of public servers you only play on a select few and you will get to know every one of them too eventually. The most dangerous thing that can happen on a private server is the admin not updating the server fast enough ( either update or features ) and a stalemate between factions. One side will become bored and quit.