xsyst

2 Steam Accounts

Hello dear Users,

I have a huge problem which annoys me a lot.

I bought 2 DayZ Copies when the game came out, which never brought me trouble until now.

When I log into my another account my char is exactly the same like the other account, same position, same gear and so on. But this is absolute shit, why?

Because I bought the second account for solo playing, the main account is for playing with my rl friends so we dont have to search each other for stupid tons of hours.

What the hell is that, it worked perfectly well before but after the last update I cannot play solo anymore because my main account is overwritten. Before the updates I had my solo char in Zelenegorsk and the main char in the north. Now I got shot with my solo account and have to start over with my main account as well. Thought it would be a bug like reroll or sth like that, but just to test it I played for around 5 hours today and my solo char suddenly has the same equip like the main char and is at the exactly same position.

What the hell is that?

how is that ..i played all of my 5 accounts last night and without problem..?

Your character data is bound to your account, so switching accounts should give you a different character.

Unless you happen to be playing the ARMA 2 mod.

No I played the standalone and I know that this should be beyond possible because these are different accounts which are connected to the database, but its really happening. Its really annoying for me, the last time I played solo I wonderes why my account was so good equiped (I didnt play solo for a long time) and then got shot, didnt care much about that but then I logged into my other account and saw that he was naked on the coast. I thought I smoked crack and didnt care, until now, now I realize that my steam-accounts are ganging up and rape my game fun. Damn.

its connected to your IP Address/Mac Address.

Edited by IG Rage

Then how would you explain the guy above who runs 5 different accounts?   via VPN?  

Edited by twinturbonet

Then how would you explain the guy above who runs 5 different accounts?   via VPN?  

That he's a troll and full of shit.

• Like 3

you can change your ip easily, it takes no longer than 5 minutes.

also this ^ if its connected to mac address.

Edited by IG Rage

Accounts are linked not to IP adresses. Since i'm able to play on different characters on both my laptop and gaming rig. Your character data gets stored on your PC primary. So when you have 2 pc's you only need one account lol. OP is a tad stupid.

But how can you explain that it worked for me like 4 weeks ago? Had no problems then but now. Going to try that with IP change.

But how can you explain that it worked for me like 4 weeks ago? Had no problems then but now. Going to try that with IP change.

Perhaps server related? I don't know. It worked for me fine.

well, steam me on both queit and mssing and we will see ;)

how is that ..i played all of my 5 accounts last night and without problem..?

I don't mean to sound like a douche, but why do you have five accounts? I'm amazed that I even bought one.

well, steam me on both queit and mssing and we will see ;)

Turns out, as we thought, he is a troll. alt, Acct Banned.

L

Your character is bound to your Steam account.

If you have two accounts then you will be able to play with two different characters, as the OP has done in the past.

It is advisable to log out of account A before logging into account B.

Your character is bound to your Steam account.

If you have two accounts then you will be able to play with two different characters, as the OP has done in the past.

It is advisable to log out of account A before logging into account B.

How is it for me possible to play on 2 different PC's with ONE account and still get 2 different characters i can play with? No troll, i'm serious.Something is weird .One of us is wrong. Or we don't know the entire story...

How is it for me possible to play on 2 different PC's with ONE account and still get 2 different characters i can play with? No troll, i'm serious.Something is weird .One of us is wrong. Or we don't know the entire story...

Regular and hardcore are separate characters. One account gets you two characters, two accounts gets you four.

Regular and hardcore are separate characters. One account gets you two characters, two accounts gets you four.

I never play hardcore. So that's not the issue

This thread is chock full of fail.

Your character is bound to your product key (not your IP) which can only be changed in your pc's registry.

I know that, but why is this thread fail, its not my fault. It worked for me 4 weeks ago as I mentioned 2 times now. But at the moment, no matter what, I have the same char on two accounts, so dont blame me for "fail".

PS.

A friend of mine encountered the same bug as well right now. He has 2 accounts like me and both of these accounts are currently online with the same gear and so on. Exactly my problem, even my Charname "XSYST" is taken over on my solo accounts which usually is called hina7a.

Actually its connected to something you set up in windows. It has to do with why everyones real name came up for a while. Im not sure what the fix for this issue was but there is a workaround. The game is associated to your computer and not necessarily your steam.

Actually its connected to something you set up in windows. It has to do with why everyones real name came up for a while. Im not sure what the fix for this issue was but there is a workaround. The game is associated to your computer and not necessarily your steam.

You're half right. That's your windows account name coming up, not your real name. The stuff about IP and MAC the other guy said is provably wrong. The GUID is, I suspect, stored in the windows account application data. Switching accounts should allow you to maintain both.

• Like 1