thelonewarrior

Operation "Sanctuary" safe zone calling all heroes (Event Ended)

I can see this not ending well. Either you will be over run by bandits, Heavy Weight Champion new spawns or bandits pretending to be trustworthy, so on the day they betray you for the "lols". So I suggest people don't attend.

Edited by Lumeria
  • Like 1

Regulators if you need help on security just Let me know.

You can also hold the event on our server during our 3 week event.

Will be watching developments of this with great anticipation. 

I hate the fact that people are trolling on Lone Warrior while he just want to have a limited event with. A certain purpose, but somehow some Feel the need to ruin that.

The Boomstick Authority will be happy to fight of Any threat or bandit clan for the Regulators so they can have their focus on the event.

id like to be a watchman to check the surrounding area, maybe get on a tall building and view around, if that's nor possible I guess ill be a medic.

by the way, I suggest before people enter the city we have a "strip down and we'll check your gear" if you don't we ask you to leave the city. but the check will look for guns and such, you can only enter the city with certain firearms or the weapon's ammo will be taken and held onto by the guard, when you want to leave we'll give you the mag/ammo back.

I can see this not ending well. Either you will be over run by bandits, Heavy Weight Champion new spawns or bandits pretending to be trustworthy, so on the day they betray you for the "lols". So I suggest people don't attend.

I believe you mean "For the lulz."

I think we can all point out things we may not like about the event, but it is NOT our event. They are looking to help new guys, those who probably do not read the forums much. That is noble, and the effectiveness of the event remains to be seen. It may also help serve as clan recruitment. A possible downside is they may announce the server and the queue to logon will be filled by those who want the event to fail. I remember server parties back in WOW, and this seems similar. If it isn't for you, move along. Otherwise, it might be something to help break-up some of the lonewolf boredom we get time to time.

I'd like to apply, I'm not too much into food and water distribution and since it seems you're well covered on the security department then I like to apply as a regular Citizen, to trade and share some stories, but I'm a mosin owner, so if any support is needed by the security forces I'll join the ranks during said time.

Cheers! Great project!!

by the way, I suggest before people enter the city we have a "strip down and we'll check your gear" if you don't we ask you to leave the city. but the check will look for guns and such, you can only enter the city with certain firearms or the weapon's ammo will be taken and held onto by the guard, when you want to leave we'll give you the mag/ammo back.

As much as this would make everyone feel safe, I can't ask people to do what I wouldn't do myself

This would appear more like a robbery to most players and I don't want to give that impression, we will state they need to keep their gun away while they trade Ect but I won't ask them to disarm in that way and I don't really want to search them

They will be watched at all times anyway, especially if we come under attack while they are in the safe zone

Also I'm working my way through my PMs so please don't worry if I haven't replied yet as I've had to clear my inbox due to insane amounts of messages from people who have created an account, messaged me over and over almost demanding to be part of security

I do have some replies to write so please bear with me

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 1

I think this is going to benefit the players you are trying to exclude more than anyone else.

Good luck with it though.

So many people are going to die here.

The one that Boomstick authority is better than this. They actually have the balls to post where they are and challenge the community to kill them while at the same time providing a safe zone for friendlies to trade and provide medical aid.Go there peoples of Chernaurus! It's a three week long event that just started this Sunday.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/179800-operation-nova-diluculo-the-boomstick-authority-server-event-duration-3-weeks-community-survivors-bandits-and-heros-needed/

• Like 1

I hope i can join you, you will know its me by my orange raincoat, my mountain backpack, and my love for feeding fresh spawns.

Player regulated safe zones will be the future i hope, it brings room for player interaction, and a place where i can finally read those books i've found.

scripted safe zones.. i hope they will never introduce those, as it will defeat the purpose for having guys like us.

The one that Boomstick authority is better than this. They actually have the balls to post where they are and challenge the community to kill them while at the same time providing a safe zone for friendlies to trade and provide medical aid.Go there peoples of Chernaurus! It's a three week long event that just started this Sunday.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/179800-operation-nova-diluculo-the-boomstick-authority-server-event-duration-3-weeks-community-survivors-bandits-and-heros-needed/

But they ended up killing 14 bandits and helping 4 people so great for killing bandits but for helping people, well that just tells everyone that all the bandits are heading to that place

Their report just confirms what I've said, that it turned into a firefight without helping that many people

I could argue that the people that want our exact location don't have any balls because they want to know exactly where we are so they can log in from their little SAFE sniper position and use little skill to pick people off without any danger to themselves as there's no way we can spot them approaching because we all know they will log in somewhere with a perfect shot at us

I think they know it's next to impossible to not be seen approaching and want to cheat (or exploit if you will) to kill us easily

But I don't say they have no balls do I?

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 1

Our event is just different and with respect to the Regulators please keep this post for their event.

As i said before we are still open to help you out Lone Warrior.

Edited by Thaurus

I'd really like to be a part of this if it isn't too late to try and get on the roster! I'm carrying a bunch of gas lamps so could help with illumination if you play on a server with night. Bit of an obscure pastime but I already completed my beret collection!

Happy to roam and observe as a citizen.

Our event is just different and with respect to the Regulators please keep this post for their event. As i said before we are still open to help you out Lone Warrior.

Thanks

And don't get me wrong, looks like you guys are doing a good job with your own operation

But your right, yours is focused on both killing bandits and helping people, where as my group has spent a lot of time hunting bandits and decided to try something different by focussing on making a safe (even if temporarily) place for them to trade and seek help if they need it, or just to stock up on supplies they can't find

Ive still got a few replies to send later today so I'll do a head count and see what our numbers are, as I'm aiming for 10-15 people and we are starting to push that number already

I would like to join in this operation as a resource gatherer. I have got some medical equipment and works as a medic in my group of friends.

With my LRS Mosin and sawed-off i roam the land, looking for supplies and give it to whoever i feel deseves it.

Think this is a really good initiative and would like to be a part of it.

Send me a message if you need my help. Otherwise i will just come to visit you and maybe give/trade supplies

I'm carrying a bunch of gas lamps so could help with illumination if you play on a server with night. Bit of an obscure pastime but I already completed my beret collection!

GCA.png

Seems like an interesting idea.  I do personally feel it could get a bit dull without a specific purpose such as a blood drive or something, but by the sounds of it you can keep things going.  I'd also think without any storage system resources would run dry pretty quickly quickly, but that just depends on interest and what people have to offer.

I do also see the possibility of the server being released and all the "bandits" and such just flood the server and sit on the slots.  But at any rate I'm interested to hear how it goes.

Depends if the update is applied by the weekend

This will be going ahead the weekend straight after the update goes to stable, whenever that might be

First off, Great idea guys props to a group out there looking to do more with this game.  Love it.

Second, To all you negative nancy's saying it wont work or it will be boring.... F*CK off .... Pissing on a great idea to bring people together no matter what the outcome is just ignorant.  Skip this thread and move on.

Third, I would love to take part.  Please review my profile feel free to PM questions.

• Like 2