Sign in to follow this  
Sgt.Oddball

Fog

I woke up this morning and went to work through thick fog....

I think it would be great to see this in DayZ. It would add a great atmosphere, very similar to night time playing but easier to see thing in your immediate vicinity and probably harder to exploit.

Obviously not all the time but an occasional fog bank could drift in off the sea and hang around for half an hour. 

You could head to high ground and see over the top of it and just see other hill tops and church spires etc poking up through the fog.

Probably too difficult to implement, but just though I would throw it out there.....

• Like 11

I like it! Occasional ambient fog would be awesome.

thought it was all rdy in game, i see it all the time when raining, next time i see it i will take a pic and show you all.

• Like 1

thought it was all rdy in game, i see it all the time when raining, next time i see it i will take a pic and show you all.

Vision is definitely reduced when its raining, but not what I would class as foggy. 

• Like 1

I remember when the DayZ Breaking Point mod first came out for ArmA2 there was really thick fog covering the ground at night. The ambiance was the best I ever seen in any DayZ mod variance and in the SA. I would love to have some fog occasionnaly at dawn/dusk, or after it rained.

Unfortunately not. Im yet to watch a single episode of it. It has recently hit the top of my things I want to watch list though. I've no idea where the urge came from...

Nice idea, be good in the city's. Looking at a city from the hills and you see the fog covering it and only just seeing the the tall buildings like Fire station tower etc. See the link below.

http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/pb-131211-london-fog-nj-05.photoblog900.jpg

Like with the rain at the moment the distance of viewing is really reduced which comes in handy on the airfields when running very quickly, like a fox!

I'm a big advocate for fog... there is a little bit that pops up sometimes but its never very dense.. we need dense fog(s)

fog would be so fucking awesome and would definitely fit the theme

+1 then all people can go to airfields safely without snipers

ahahaha, you think snipers are the big worry,  half the people at airfields just creep around corners and shoot people in the back.  The fog would help though

i'm all for more weather effects in general: rain, fog, hail, storms

maybe even seasons (winter)

Yes for fog - it's a zombie game, duh!