Dashisbest

Why getting killed is a good thing...kinda

Most people hate getting killed, I don't really mind sometime's. If you feel the same way then you probably won't need to read this because you either don't care about dying or like me learn from it.

Dying is useful because you get punished for your mistake's, like running around in the open. You usually pick up on that after the 5th time. Or carelessly running threw building's in Cherno as fast as possible. The point is most of the time you die for stupid mistakes, either you were careless or impatient, possibly a little of both. Then of course there are tactics, like flanking or anticipating what the enemy might do. So instead of sitting in the corner of a fence after getting shot use the cover better and never stay in one spot either.

There are countless things you could do better and you probably never do everything right (I know I cant), just use common sense a little more. Don't just act like a scared animal in a trap, be unpredictable! Be smart.

Now do you understand why you died hitting the ground with an axe? Shake your head like these two if you do

inline-1-batman-google-gifs.gif

Just so you know all the examples above I have experienced. 

• Like 2

I don't like dying because it means I made a mistake or some sort, unless the game failed on me. Every time I die, I reflect over it. What happened? Oh, he was shooting at me and I just continued running instead of finding cover and taking my time? Oh okay. I see. I won't do that anymore.

Losing your stuff kinda sucks, but DayZ is survival of the fittest. 

Sometimes when I am fully geared I almost hope that I die so I can start new loot adventure :D Also when I am fully geared, it is not so fun to play because you worry about your gear all the time. If I am fresh spawn, I can be as retarded as I want :)

• Like 5

Sometimes when I am fully geared I almost hope that I die so I can start new loot adventure :D Also when I am fully geared, it is not so fun to play because you worry about your gear all the time. If I am fresh spawn, I can be as retarded as I want :)

Yea I feel a different way with the gear thing, its not that I worry its more that I don't mind like you when your a fresh spawn, but I dont do stupid stuff. Instead I hunt other people that are really well geared. Im kinda of a goodish bandit were I only hunt those that have a chance at killing me, if you dont have a weapon or even a melee weapon (as long as you keep your distance) I wont kill you.

I don't know if getting KoSed all the time can count as a mistake per se.

While it is a mistake for going to the famous camper locations ( Balota, NWAF, Cherno, Elektro, etc. ) dying from making the wrong move f.e. falling down the stairs, having zombies swarm you in a house or corner, running into a house with only one exit without having enough ammo/a weapon, making the wrong call when in a fight or starting a fight although you were at a disadvantage or not running away if you had the chance and die because of it is perfectly fine by me.

I just hate losing my stuff.

I agree. Some people say "you can get your stuff back in 60 mins" but it is still 60 mins out if my life :D but I guess it is just part of the game

No one survives. Get it in your head you're going to die definitely.

The only question is how you die.

xx pilgrim

Here's a challenge for the people who think endgame gear is boring. Get a 4 slot shirt, 6 slot pants, and a UK assault vest. No backpack. Try and survive. 

Edited by Zalvager

I don't know if getting KoSed all the time can count as a mistake per se.

While it is a mistake for going to the famous camper locations ( Balota, NWAF, Cherno, Elektro, etc. ) dying from making the wrong move f.e. falling down the stairs, having zombies swarm you in a house or corner, running into a house with only one exit without having enough ammo/a weapon, making the wrong call when in a fight or starting a fight although you were at a disadvantage or not running away if you had the chance and die because of it is perfectly fine by me.

That I would consider a mistake, you made a bad decision that you didnt need to make i.e. a mistake. Now falling down stairs and zombies killing you is something you had no control over, I should have made it clearer that this is all for stuff that you have control over and your decisions change the outcome. 

• Like 1

Here's a challenge for the people who think endgame gear is boring. Get a 4 slot shirt, 6 slot pants, and a UK assault vest. No backpack. Try and survive.

I like the idea. Pro sniperz should do this if they dont want to be seen. I personally but my firefighter axe to my backbag so people dont see me and it looks cool too but your suggestion is actually a challenge cuz u would need to choose between ammo and food.

No one survives. Get it in your head you're going to die definitely.

The only question is how you die.

xx pilgrim

But you can learn to survive longer, I enjoy seeing how long I can go while still trying to kill other's. 

• Like 1

I don't like dying because it means I made a mistake or some sort, unless the game failed on me. Every time I die, I reflect over it. What happened? Oh, he was shooting at me and I just continued running instead of finding cover and taking my time? Oh okay. I see. I won't do that anymore.

Losing your stuff kinda sucks, but DayZ is survival of the fittest. 

Gotta remember you're all human, unlike me :)

• Like 1

I agree, and have paid the price for not heeding good advice, or self made mistakes...like this one for example. I was on top of the police building in Staroye (spell?) Scouting the scenery while my buddy approached. He aggros 3 zombies and I decide to walk near the edge of the roof top so shoot them. This, despite the voice in my head telling me not to as I could path off the edge, and 2 seconds later I'm yelling at my screen as I then have to spend 5 minutes running back to my corps.

• Like 1

I really don't mine dying. 

Once i have geared up i get pretty bored atm and generally do some sort of suicide run or foolishly fall of rooftops.

Once i have geared up i get pretty bored atm and generally do some sort of suicide run or foolishly fall of rooftops.

What a pathetic way to die. Go to Kamyshovo on high pop server and kill bandits. If you die during, well... You know the rest.

That I would consider a mistake, you made a bad decision that you didnt need to make i.e. a mistake. Now falling down stairs and zombies killing you is something you had no control over, I should have made it clearer that this is all for stuff that you have control over and your decisions change the outcome. 

Then KoSing would technically fall under not mistake because most player don't even get a choice.

Most people hate getting killed, I don't really mind sometime's. If you feel the same way then you probably won't need to read this because you either don't care about dying or like me learn from it. 

Hi Dash

After that first line, I didn't need to read, but I wanted to! Excellent points :beans:

The best medicine in this game is to reflect on the past, and the mistakes made. We all live and learn in dayz, and if you choose not to, life in dayz becomes miserable very quickly.

Then KoSing would technically fall under not mistake because most player don't even get a choice.

Enforcer, there is always a choice in dayz, even when it appears there is none. If your not in line of sight, you cannot be killed on sight! The mistake would be getting in line of fire, which could have been prevented if a different route was taken or a proper scout out was given. Just my 2 cents

We all play the game differently and thats the best part :D

"there is always a choice"

that is it sir.

I cant believe how many fucking "this will curb KOS" "a study on KOS, how to fix" "how to make player life more valuable fix KOS"  threads there are.

WTF

its DAYZ not DAISY

This new batch of SA bandwagon players is right fucked. KOS and banditry are normal behaviours not something to be adjusted or "fixed"

• Like 1

"there is always a choice"

that is it sir.

I cant believe how many fucking "this will curb KOS" "a study on KOS, how to fix" "how to make player life more valuable fix KOS"  threads there are.

WTF

its DAYZ not DAISY

This new batch of SA bandwagon players is right fucked. KOS and banditry are normal behaviours not something to be adjusted or "fixed"

lol im not trying to fix Kos I do it myself, but I'm trying to point out behavior that only gets you killed because you didnt think. Its not fixing Kos you will still get shot on site but you might be able to survive that Kos if your smart and keep a level head. For example when your getting shot at out in the open dont stop and look for the shooter, keep running until you get to cover. Stay down until you actually spot the shooter, once you do that determine if he's got you pinned down, that way you know to run for more cover were he'll have to change his location. You just gotta think tactically.

So please next time read a little more before calling something a bandwagon :P

No no, im with you. Wasnt pointing your thread out. Agreeing that KOS is normal.

I guess it came off a bit off topic.

• Like 1

No no, im with you. Wasnt pointing your thread out. Agreeing that KOS is normal.

I guess it came off a bit off topic.

Yeah you kinda did but its ok now that you explained it